Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For December 2022 - X-Men 3-Packs, Deluxe Blob And More

JayC

On 12/19/2022 at 3:34 PM, since83 said:

I hope it is Ch'od, but if not, who else? I am hoping for Blockbuster, or Warstar. Maybe Forearm? As soon as someone mentioned Ch'od on the Abomination body I cringed. It will be though. Even if that torso and arms won't be able to hold a big gun with two hands.

I've been wanting Blockbuster for a while now, but only recently has it seemed they've made any attempt to start completing The Marauders team, with Vertigo being only the second character from the team so far, if you count Sabretooth. Somehow the Reavers leapfrogged over them in the pecking order, where I personally think The Marauders had a more significant impact on the Mutant community, but what the hell do I know. The thing is, I don't necessarily think Blockbuster would have to be done as a BAF. I know artists have shown him of varying size, but even though he was the official "Strong Guy" of the team, he really wasn't portrayed as all that large. He was smaller than Colossus and even his official stats list him around 7 foot, which is shorter than Warpath, who was done as a single pack. I suppose he increased in size and strength during the Inferno (the good one), but that was only temporary and very specific to an event, even though I did dig his look. If they did do Blockbuster, and I hope they do, I would think the Omega Red buck, or even the Colossus buck (which would be pushing it) would suffice.

Considering Blockbuster and Harpoon took Angel's wings, it's crazy we haven't gotten them yet. 

Speaking of, where the heck is angel? Haven't gotten him since TB days. He is not holding up on my defenders shelf either. I have to just lean him against the wall, cause he can't even come close to standing on his own.

On 12/19/2022 at 1:31 PM, since83 said:

I'm messin with the Abomination...he will be able to hold a gun. It won't be great, but he will. I still hope they don't use that body for Ch'od. 

That would be crazy! It would be like pulling out a BAF from 10 years ago and charging today's prices. Or like using an old, scrawny and outdated buck for a figure like, say, Madame Hydra, when they have better and newer bucks available. Or like overusing the Sunfire buck. I mean they wouldn't use that for a big guy like Firelord, now, would they? Come on. And we know an X-Men fan like Dan would just never let them put out a figure with the wrong skin color, right? Or purposefully not have a screaming head for a sonic powered character. Madness!

All jokes aside, years ago when I was hoping to see the Starjammers, I thought Abomination would be a good fit for Ch'od (mostly because even then I didn't think they'd spring for a correctly scaled figure). But that would be a mistake and I sure hope it wont be so.

On 12/19/2022 at 4:14 PM, since83 said:

Considering Blockbuster and Harpoon took Angel's wings, it's crazy we haven't gotten them yet. 

Speaking of, where the heck is angel? Haven't gotten him since TB days. He is not holding up on my defenders shelf either. I have to just lean him against the wall, cause he can't even come close to standing on his own.

On 12/19/2022 at 2:47 PM, monron999 said:

I've been wanting Blockbuster for a while now, but only recently has it seemed they've made any attempt to start completing The Marauders team, with Vertigo being only the second character from the team so far, if you count Sabretooth. Somehow the Reavers leapfrogged over them in the pecking order, where I personally think The Marauders had a more significant impact on the Mutant community, but what the hell do I know. The thing is, I don't necessarily think Blockbuster would have to be done as a BAF. I know artists have shown him of varying size, but even though he was the official "Strong Guy" of the team, he really wasn't portrayed as all that large. He was smaller than Colossus and even his official stats list him around 7 foot, which is shorter than Warpath, who was done as a single pack. I suppose he increased in size and strength during the Inferno (the good one), but that was only temporary and very specific to an event, even though I did dig his look. If they did do Blockbuster, and I hope they do, I would think the Omega Red buck, or even the Colossus buck (which would be pushing it) would suffice.

I think Blockbuster would work best on the Thanos/Controller Buck, but the Omega Red buck could work too. And YES, it is amazing that we still haven't gotten an Angel figure since the ToysRUs Boxed Set... I thought for sure we would have gotten a redo of the original X-Men team for the anniversary. Not complaining - we are getting a lot of great stuff for 2023 so far, but I hope we still get a boxed set of the original team, and at minimum, ANGEL.

On 12/19/2022 at 8:48 PM, Psychosomatic said:

I think Blockbuster would work best on the Thanos/Controller Buck, but the Omega Red buck could work too. And YES, it is amazing that we still haven't gotten an Angel figure since the ToysRUs Boxed Set... I thought for sure we would have gotten a redo of the original X-Men team for the anniversary. Not complaining - we are getting a lot of great stuff for 2023 so far, but I hope we still get a boxed set of the original team, and at minimum, ANGEL.

I really want them to finish out the X-Factor team, which is actually the era when Angel got his wings clipped, but you're right, a new Angel, any Angel has been long overdue an update. I did like the Archangel figure. I'm one of those people who still feel the Bucky Cap buck is accurate to a lot of characters though it was very much overused and quite often misused, but for Archangel it worked. With the new Vulcan buck you gotta think an updated Angel of some sort is coming out sometime. I think an updated box set of the original team would be much appreciated by the hardcore fanbase, but I do remember the first one, which I believe was a TRU exclusive, lingering on the shelves for months if not years, even after major mark downs. And most of them were using more modern molds for the time and that was at 2013 prices. Makes me think that a redo of that set would only cater to a small number of the fanbase in the end. Better, I think, to do them by scattering them throughout waves, probably with a BAF piece included, just to give it that extra push.

On 12/20/2022 at 8:16 AM, monron999 said:

I really want them to finish out the X-Factor team, which is actually the era when Angel got his wings clipped, but you're right, a new Angel, any Angel has been long overdue an update. I did like the Archangel figure. I'm one of those people who still feel the Bucky Cap buck is accurate to a lot of characters though it was very much overused and quite often misused, but for Archangel it worked. With the new Vulcan buck you gotta think an updated Angel of some sort is coming out sometime. I think an updated box set of the original team would be much appreciated by the hardcore fanbase, but I do remember the first one, which I believe was a TRU exclusive, lingering on the shelves for months if not years, even after major mark downs. And most of them were using more modern molds for the time and that was at 2013 prices. Makes me think that a redo of that set would only cater to a small number of the fanbase in the end. Better, I think, to do them by scattering them throughout waves, probably with a BAF piece included, just to give it that extra push.

I like your idea of  spread out the core members across different waves...but I hate waiting to have a complete team!  Agree with you about completing the X-Factor team...in fact, it would be great to see them spend some time filling out several teams.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw it coming a mile away and I called it out months ago. Ch'od, whether done as a BAF or otherwise (which I thought it would be a Deluxe or multi-pack) would be little more than the Abomination mold with a new head sculpt, and it's exactly that. And some arm fins, I guess. Had it not been a thrice used mold it would look badass, but for now it is typical Hasbro fare, super cheap, super lazy, super played out and super boring. Of course, it's a comic related product, so why would we expect anything more? What, did we really think products like Spiral were gonna become a thing? That's our one for the year, so drink it up, guys.  Luckily this wave itself is so strong so I would have gotten them all anyway, so I'll call it a bonus. Now let's proceed like this was the character this mold was supposed to be made for the entire time (because it's actually pretty spot on, right down to the bumps and blemishes on his hide) and do a real Abomination who scales correctly with the Hulk figure.

Two more things that are obvious standouts, to me anyway, is that the only reason they couldn't do his biker shorts instead of the speedo is because they didn't change the mold even a little bit and he has those same ball joint hips. They are pretty well disguised, but they are still there however, but not a single tweak to the sculpt, aside from the fins on his arms. Secondly, on the subject of small tweaks, though all artists do their own interpretations, he almost always has fins on his calves. Sometimes he's shown with them on both the calves and forearms, but rarely with them just on his arms. I started to wonder why they didn't do the calves and I got halfway through the thought when I remembered it was Hasbro, and as such, minimal effort it the name of the game. Doing a small tweak on only one body part is better than doing it on two body parts. So I basically answered the question before I even completed it. Guess it's up to me to do my own.

I'm extremely excited for this wave. It will be my favorite in a very long time. I still have my nitpicks though, like Cyclop's visor effect and Fang not coming with Logan/Daken alternate heads. I also would have appreciated M coming with alternate head and hands for Husk (with hair hanging to cover the skin tone on the neck, or a collar), but this is a pretty easy custom to make. All in all, a great wave - and Ch'od is an excellent bonus!

Ooh I dig it!  
This body always seemed fit for the dude so it’s no surprise they went through with it. But as a baf? That stinks since I only wanted to get Corsair out of the assortment and probably Fang. But anyway, looks awesome. The jaw hinge is a nice touch. He is missing yellow paint in some places though. And the fins that are suppose to be on his cavs 🙄

Not like we don't have any sci-fi lookin guns laying around, but dude always has a ginormous gun in hand. Really couldn't have him come with one? Don't get me wrong. I will be getting this set for sure, but....

On 1/9/2023 at 3:13 PM, since83 said:

Not like we don't have any sci-fi lookin guns laying around, but dude always has a ginormous gun in hand. Really couldn't have him come with one? Don't get me wrong. I will be getting this set for sure, but....

be glad he is at least coming with Cr'Reee. we'd be waiting forever to get the pet otherwise.

As for the figure itself, I like it. I was expecting the Abomination build anyway because, well, I mean look at him. He is basically the Space version of the Abomination. I actually saw people giving out that they didn't use the gamerverse version, which look nothing like the character. Was getting this wave anyway because 5 of 7 are brand new characters and the other 2 are remake of horrible figures. 2 extra characters is just topping on the cake.

Well here we are with Ch'od, not in the least bit surprised they just went with the Comic Abomination BAF mold, but I don't think anybody can be really truly mad they did, because well, that whole sculpt is pretty much spot on, yeah it's really quite old now, but hey, I ain't mad, finally Ch;od and he looks like he should minus a big gun and leg fins and some yellow paint on the nails, but ah it's cool, anyways I'm happy enough about it all, I always thought this sculpt was perfect for Ch'od who is pretty much space abomination anyways.

Lucky I want 5 out of 6 figures here to begin with, so I'm down to get this wave, Emma will be the sacrifice to build this guy, but I'd rather having to buy the Emma then Cyc so I'm fine.

On 1/9/2023 at 6:08 AM, Audie said:

Ch’od is super cool. Is the correct pronunciation also the gross sounding one?

I always thought it was Ch'od as in, rhymes with "Mod" (mahd)...maybe an emphasis on "cha-ODD", but your mileage may vary....

That is sure a bright green for his hue. He could have used some color variations here and there. But the yellows are a nice touch, also the articulated jaw. Very good!

Also, where is his signature weapon?? I guess they didn't include hands that could hold the weapon so they didn't bother.

While its not announced at all, sure hope the rest of the entire team are coming this year. 

Always loved this guy.  1st X-Men comic I ever read was Uncanny 156, with him looming large on the cover.  Now if they can just give us Hepzibah and the remarkably toyetic Raza, I'll be one happy Starjammers fan. 

For what it's worth, I always pronounced it as Ch-ODD.  Anyone remember how they tackled it in the X-Men cartoon? 

I get some people are disappointed with the Ch'Od being a repaint which I think everyone and their mom were expecting but can someone please tell me how you think that using the Gamerverse Abomination was a better idea? I mean look at the figure. it looks nothing like Ch'Od body. Hasbro could have used new body but using the Gamerverse Abom is not one they should have used. IMHO Hasbro used the right figure. Outdated yes but the right body.

Chod-Marvel-Comics-Starjammers-X-Men.jpg

Hasbro-Marvel-Legends-Gamerverse-Wave-Abomination-Promo-03.webp