Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For December 2022 - X-Men 3-Packs, Deluxe Blob And More

JayC

On 1/10/2023 at 2:20 AM, leokearon said:

No surprise that Ch'Od is on the Comic Abomination mold. I was hoping they would give him a new mold which could be used for an updated Abomination down the line. Still, given very few of these characters interest me, maybe Chamber, I wouldn't be completing him.

I'm cool with this being the the definitive Ch'od figure just because it fits so well for the character, even with the ball hips and massive knee joint gaps. What this fairly accurate Ch'od does is make the already undersized Abomination look worse and show how outdated the mold is, as abomination, having been done once as a BAF, then being included with the Raft SDCC set, then twice being used as the base for Ulik the Troll. When Hasbro did the awesome Hulk they kinda shot themselves in the foot. From that point on we all started comparing pretty much every Heavy Hitter and Big Guy character on how they stacked up to the Hulk, who Hasbro pretty much indicated was supposed to be him at his largest size around 8 foot. Guys like Colossus, Thing and Strong Guy should all obviously be significantly smaller than Hulk, but Guys like Sasquatch and Abomination are traditionally shown to be larger. Now would be the perfect time for Hasbro to go back and revisit Abomintion and Sasquatch and do a little adjustment to both of them, and I have a perfect solution so they don't have to go back and admit the first attempts were wrong. Do it under the Gamerverse banner using Contest of Champions as the source. Not sure how many others here play the game, but most characters in that game are pretty damn comic accurate in look and scale. They could do them as 2 packs with some other characters in need of update, like Hyperion (in his black and gold) or She-Hulk in her purple and white. Each set would basically have one correction and one update (basically two corrections) and they can play it off as different versions of the characters. Though the superb Venompool figure popped straight off the screen from the game Hasbro has not made much use of that abundant resource since. There are even other characters they can roll into the sets like Gamora in her battle suit, Luke Cage who still hasn't been done as a general release, Joe Fixit in his comic form, Starlord in his modern comic form, Iron Patriot in his comic form, Mole Man and others. They could really fill a lot of holes and fix a lot of cracks if they ever decided to use dive into MCoC.

Ch’od looks good using this mold and all but they still should’ve applied more than just forearm fins.
His cavs are missing the fins.  
His heels are missing the toe/claw.  
He should only have 4 fingers per hand.
Cuttin’ corners, maaaaan.  
But with that said, Starjammers have been something I’ve desperately wanted in this line for a long time coming so he and Corsair will.be.mine.

I couldn't put my pre-order in for this wave fast enough today, it's my favorite wave in a very, very long time and can't imagine that it will be topped any time soon. I ordered one of each but I'll definitely be up for multiples of Chamber, Fang, Monet and possibly even Kid Omega if I can find them at lower price points down the line.

Marvel Legends X-Men Build-A-Figure Ch'od Wave from Hasbro is now available for preorder from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth!

The figures in the wave include the following:

-(No Ch'od Piece Included) - Astonishing Cyclops (With smoking blast effect. Uses all new parts and same scale as the Vulcan body)

- (Right Leg) - Astonishing Emma Frost

- (Right Arm) - Corsair (Using the Vulcan body)

- (Torso) - Kid Omega (Using the smaller pin-less Amazing Spider-Man size body with telekinetic blaster and glasses)

- (Left Leg) - Monet (Double pin-less arms and legs)

- (Left Arm) - Chamber (Has an all new translucent head)

- (Head & Cr'reee accessory) - Fang

Chamber.1.jpg

Chamber.2.jpg

Chamber.3.jpg

Chamber.4.jpg

Chamber.5.jpg

Chamber.6.jpg

Chamber.7.jpg

Chamber.8.jpg

Chod.1.jpg

Chod.2.jpg

Chod.3.jpg

Corsair.1.jpg

Corsair.2.jpg

Corsair.3.jpg

Corsair.4.jpg

Corsair.5.jpg

Corsair.6.jpg

Corsair.7.jpg

Corsair.8.jpg

Cyclops.1.jpg

Cyclops.2.jpg

Cyclops.3.jpg

Cyclops.4.jpg

Cyclops.5.jpg

Cyclops.6.jpg

Cyclops.7.jpg

Emma.1.jpg

Emma.2.jpg

Emma.3.jpg

Emma.4.jpg

Emma.5.jpg

Emma.6.jpg

Emma.7.jpg

Emma.8.jpg

Fang.1.jpg

Fang.2.jpg

Fang.3.jpg

Fang.4.jpg

Fang.5.jpg

Fang.6.jpg

Fang.7.jpg

Fang.8.jpg

Kid.Omega.1.jpg

Kid.Omega.2.jpg

Kid.Omega.3.jpg

Kid.Omega.4.jpg

Kid.Omega.5.jpg

Kid.Omega.6.jpg

Kid.Omega.7.jpg

Kid.Omega.8.jpg

Monet.1.jpg

Monet.2.jpg

Monet.3.jpg

Monet.4.jpg

Monet.5.jpg

Monet.6.jpg

Monet.7.jpg

Monet.8.jpg

So Ch'od isnt a perfect reproduction of his look in the comics, but it's close enough for me, as he isn't a favorite character of mine. I'm just happy we are getting Starjammers now and hopefully they will complete them soon, as they have not for so many other teams. The undersized Abomination is a decent mold for him, I don't recall exactly how tall he is supposed to be, but again it's close enough for me.

On 1/10/2023 at 8:25 PM, Atlantis said:

Right?! You said it. But its also too tall for Fang himself....he's around 5'4", more or less Wolverine's height. So what were they thinking...smh....

he has been shown to be taller in recent comics plus there have been several versions of Fang over the years. They all just look the same as that's how his race "reproduces".

On 1/10/2023 at 2:02 PM, GarimusPrime said:

That Fang figure is being converted into a Logan figure as soon as I get him.

That one still baffles me. Fang is supposed to be as short, if not shorter, than wolverine. One of the reasons the costume fit him in the first place. Why they decided not to use the Wolverine buck, which to this point has only had one use as one character and go with the Spider UK buck is just another one of those things where someone at Marvel's consulting team (Jessie Falcon) was asleep at the wheel. The only other thing that makes sense to me is that they know Wolverine in Fang's costume is one of the few alternate Wolverines they have left in their bullpen and they plan to use that look to headline a future Wolverine wave and they feared if they'd done an accurate Fang now most people would swap in a Wolverine head sculpt and pass on the Wolverine version if and when it does come out. That's the only reasoning I can think of. Was it the right thing to do or is it another case of Hasbro sticking it to us, and the proper answer in both cases is, yes.

On 1/10/2023 at 2:30 PM, tarot said:

he has been shown to be taller in recent comics plus there have been several versions of Fang over the years. They all just look the same as that's how his race "reproduces".

Not to belabor the point, and at the risk of being accused of taking the thread off topic, but discussion is what we do here, and the forum is many times better with more discussion, but from what I understand, their "reproduction" method is basically cloning. Shouldn't that mean that not only would all Fangs look the same, but they would basically be the same height and weight? Added to that is that the current Fang actually confirmed he was the same Fang that Wolverine "killed" many, many years ago, and has since been a long time "hunting" buddy of his since, basically making him the ONLY Fang we've know throughout the entire time we've known the Imperial Guard in the Marvel Universe as we know it? Small details, I know, and something that will ultimately be inconsequential to what Hasbro did with the figure, but it's a fun speculation. I still want the figure. I'm still gonna get it, and I still strongly believe if Hasbro did not have the intention of doing an actual Wolverine in Fang Costume figure at some point they would have not only done it on the Wolvie buck, but they would have included the Wolverine swap parts with it. Sadly, I think this is a sign that the beloved 2 or 3 or even 4 in 1 figures they've done before are a thing of the past.

Sorry for all quotations, but though they were plentiful they weren't excessive.

On 1/10/2023 at 10:49 PM, monron999 said:

Not to belabor the point, and at the risk of being accused of taking the thread off topic, but discussion is what we do here, and the forum is many times better with more discussion, but from what I understand, their "reproduction" method is basically cloning. Shouldn't that mean that not only would all Fangs look the same, but they would basically be the same height and weight? Added to that is that the current Fang actually confirmed he was the same Fang that Wolverine "killed" many, many years ago, and has since been a long time "hunting" buddy of his since, basically making him the ONLY Fang we've know throughout the entire time we've known the Imperial Guard in the Marvel Universe as we know it? Small details, I know, and something that will ultimately be inconsequential to what Hasbro did with the figure, but it's a fun speculation. I still want the figure. I'm still gonna get it, and I still strongly believe if Hasbro did not have the intention of doing an actual Wolverine in Fang Costume figure at some point they would have not only done it on the Wolvie buck, but they would have included the Wolverine swap parts with it. Sadly, I think this is a sign that the beloved 2 or 3 or even 4 in 1 figures they've done before are a thing of the past.

Sorry for all quotations, but though they were plentiful they weren't excessive.

not true cloning per say. More likely they are genetically modified to have similar appearances as their predecessors. Besides clones can be varied sizes as well. Kaine and Peter been an example (before Kaine was shrunk during Spider-Island and even then he is taller then Peter though slightly.

Also, yes, the current Fang, which I also said has been depicted as larger, is the same Fang as before but before he returned in "The Wolverines" (note the "s"), he was replaced with two other Fangs. Both were member of the Guard for year (though both have been killed).  He was originally depicted as having being killed by Deathbird and wasn't seen until recently. I did a quite a bit of research for the character on my own site for him and even afterwards I was confused.

On 1/10/2023 at 4:21 PM, ransomz said:

So is the character's name pronounced Choad or Chowed or Chawed?

Too bad Dave Cockrum isn't alive to settle it, or at least hear how Claremont pronounces it. 

How to pronounce Ch'od | HowToPronounce.com

Ch'od= rhymes with "cod", "mod", etc. 

It's baffling that they didn't use the Wolverine mold for Fang and give the alternate pieces, especially give Fang's product description.

Wolverine takes advantage of his likeness to Imperial Guard Fang and impersonates him to infiltrate the Shi’ar.

On 1/10/2023 at 9:49 PM, Atlantis said:

Too bad Dave Cockrum isn't alive to settle it, or at least hear how Claremont pronounces it. 

How to pronounce Ch'od | HowToPronounce.com

Ch'od= rhymes with "cod", "mod", etc. 

Chod is the way that's always been comfortable to me. That's the way I always read it and the way I always said it. Proper English rules say the typically, an apostrophe in the middle of a word, when not being used as a possessive, usually indicates an abrupt stoppage of sound before quickly moving on to the next sound. In this case it would be a distinct "CH" and then "OD". Alternatively, an apostrophe can be used to indicate the omission of letters because they are either unnecessary or unavailable in that language or to create a conjunction of words, in which case the pause is not to be made intentionally audible. Since Ch'od is an an alien to humans and human language one might argue that the apostrophe in his name signifies letters that either don't exist or are not needed in the English language to pronounce his name or even a shortening or his actual name or a conjunction of his first and surnames (if that's a thing for them) or any other reason to eliminate letters, any number of reasons.

The short resolution for a long winded explanation is nobody knows for sure. It could be anything. Maybe it was just made to sound the way you interpret it. So pronounce it however you like. I personally always liked it as Chod, so I'm glad the GOAT Claremont concurs. I'm willing to accept Chu-Odd, if that's the proper way it was meant to be, but Choad/Chode has always been a gross sounding word with a gross slang meaning, so much that even I refuse to use it. So at the end of the day, this mostly obscure character created a fun bit of discussion and we all got some good speculation and theory out of it, and now we get a pretty cool looking figure of him. Minus a few fins on his calves, mind you.

At any rate, this wave has put some much deserved light on Shi'ar Empire, the Imperial Guard and the Starjammers and I hope to see some more of all of them in the future.

On 1/11/2023 at 1:20 PM, LordVenger said:

Seems to me the name Shi’ar could lend some perspective relative to Ch’od. Is it pronounced Shiar with no pause or Shi’ pause ar?

It’s “She” + “Are” in the animated series with little to no pause in between. But I always have and will pronounce it as “Shire” 😄