Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For December 2022 - X-Men 3-Packs, Deluxe Blob And More

JayC

On 1/11/2023 at 1:20 PM, LordVenger said:

Seems to me the name Shi’ar could lend some perspective relative to Ch’od. Is it pronounced Shiar with no pause or Shi’ pause ar?

On 1/11/2023 at 4:06 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

It’s “She” + “Are” in the animated series with little to no pause in between. But I always have and will pronounce it as “Shire” 😄

LOL. I was thinking this as I was typing, but I'm pretty sure it's been well established to be pronounced She-Are by several sources.

I actually now notice that Jubilee and Forge seem to have updated face sculpts, and it's not just Storm with a new Face, the features are less soft on those two, These figures Definitely look good all together, but I'm still passing on this specific 3 pack and the Wolverine, I don't need to build this team up, it's really all about Banshee and a new Psylocke variant for me with these 3 packs.

Likely I'm assuming we will see these figures all get released soonish, if they are showing up internationally.

On 1/14/2023 at 10:33 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I actually now notice that Jubilee and Forge seem to have updated face sculpts, and it's not just Storm with a new Face, the features are less soft on those two, These figures Definitely look good all together, but I'm still passing on this specific 3 pack and the Wolverine, I don't need to build this team up, it's really all about Banshee and a new Psylocke variant for me with these 3 packs.

Likely I'm assuming we will see these figures all get released soonish, if they are showing up internationally.

I'm with you. It looks good but I would really only want Banshee. And then of course classic Banshee.

As I suspected, some of these figures are already trickling out

Forge, Jubilee & Storm 3 Pack, out in Canada

https://www.cmdstore.ca/collections/new-products-arrivals/products/marvel-legends-infinite-3-pack-series-6-inch-action-figure-storm-forge-jubilee-5010994188092

• 2 weeks later...

That Blob! Just WOW. In reality it is very similar to the previous version, but with better looking joints and articulation. I see this trend of going back and finally just doing straight redos of a lot of figures from the early days of Hasbro, and I like it. We've seen US Agent, Blob, Ronan the Accuser and now Emma Frost. Hopefully a new She-Hulk in her purple and white track suit won't be too far behind. Personally I wouldn't be all that upset if they did an entire wave (or two) just dedicated to redos. Yellowjacket, Marvel Girl (Rachel), Constrictor, Iron Patriot, Banshee and the entire Wrecking Crew would benefit from updates/upgrades. I wouldn't even care if they did Coipel Thor or Doc Samson as the BAF(s).

Blob is en route to my home from BBTS along with the villain 5-pack (Stryfe & others)! I'm excited to add these X-Men baddies to my collection! I've got the old Blob and Stryfe so I'm looking forward to doing comparisons. I received the full X-Men retro card wave a couple of days ago and they're all great with only Wolverine being a little underwhelming. I'm sure that the training suit 3-packs will be hitting here very soon since they're already showing up in Canada. It's a great time to be an X-Men fan!

On 1/30/2023 at 6:35 AM, monron999 said:

That Blob! Just WOW. In reality it is very similar to the previous version, but with better looking joints and articulation. I see this trend of going back and finally just doing straight redos of a lot of figures from the early days of Hasbro, and I like it. We've seen US Agent, Blob, Ronan the Accuser and now Emma Frost. Hopefully a new She-Hulk in her purple and white track suit won't be too far behind. Personally I wouldn't be all that upset if they did an entire wave (or two) just dedicated to redos. Yellowjacket, Marvel Girl (Rachel), Constrictor, Iron Patriot, Banshee and the entire Wrecking Crew would benefit from updates/upgrades. I wouldn't even care if they did Coipel Thor or Doc Samson as the BAF(s).

For the time it came out, Blob was amazing, but this one is just brilliant. The improvements with the hip joints, hands, and feet were absolutely necessary improvements, but honestly, I think they improved every aspect of the previous version.  And totally agree with your suggestion about the redos.

I'm with all of you who think this is superior to the original blob. He may be a little shorter, but the joints are sooo much more smooth amd streamlined. The two heads and extra hands are a bonus and I don't feel bad that it's a deluxe figure with a higher price. Like many, I've waited a really long time for them to take another stab at this character. And, I still feel very hopeful that the buck will be used for Volstagg. And who knows, maybe even Big Bertha from the Great Lakes Avengers! Stranger oddball characters have been given plastic form before.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 1:43 PM, JohnF said:

D#!m, Banshee looks kinda older than he should, lol. 

well to be fair, Banshee is alot older the most of the X-men exept Wolverine and Xavier. Dont forget he had a career as a Interpol agent, was married and has a fully grown daughter and........was to have a grandchild.

Damn that Psylocke face is the one I've been waiting for, finally a good one, the last two were just Meh, not even sure what they were really doing with those, this Psylocke is great would been nice to see them put this head with full hair out on the blue leotard look with like the Shriek buck, so we can update ol spindely legs version from Apocalypse wave, This 3 pack I'm stoked for Banshee looking good, and happy to have this look since it was the suit he was wearing mostly with Gen X, Gambit is the only thing I don't give a hoot about in this box, hope to get rid of that to someone who wants it.

On 2/24/2023 at 3:53 PM, tarot said:

well to be fair, Banshee is alot older the most of the X-men exept Wolverine and Xavier. Dont forget he had a career as a Interpol agent, was married and has a fully grown daughter and........was to have a grandchild.

Well, you're not wrong, it just didn't match the appearance of Banshee as it is in my head. 

I'm not all that upset about how old Banshee looks, cuz he was an older friend of Xavier when the X-Men started so he should be older, maybe much older than the rest of the team. I don't think he was even ever supposed to be an official member of the team, more of a mentor, but had to jump into action when the 2nd team formed to rescue the first team. What bothers me most is those chicken legs they put on him and his overall height. He's roughly the same size as Gambit but the height difference is significantly visible. I know the Vulcan buck is a bit bigger than the Sunfire one, but it looks like they took too much mass and muscle from the Sunfire legs to do the modifications and ended up giving him the Prison Buff. Just looks wierd compared to how we're used to seeing him and especially as compares to the source artwork. Luckily I don't think this is the last version of ol' Sean that we're gonna see so maybe on the next one they'll use the actual Sunfire mold and he'll look just fine.

When all is said and done theses figures look a bit more cheap and waxy than the usual ML product, similar to the way the cancelled MU line looked at the end of their run. I'll agree with @Lord_Scareglow that the best part of this set is the Psylocke face sculpt. Gambit looks pretty cool too, but just something about that shiny, slippery, slick plastic and overly bright blue color they used on these figures make them look worse than I expected.