Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For December 2022 - X-Men 3-Packs, Deluxe Blob And More

JayC

On 2/27/2023 at 11:22 PM, Benn said:

It was actually Sunder, not Strong Guy! And, like Storm, he and Legion didn’t actually wear the uniform except on the cover of that one issue. Amanda Sefton did, though, as did Sharon Friedlander and Tom Corsi.

First X-Men comic I ever read, aside from an old B&W reprint of Giant Size.  Which was both rather confusing ("Hey! These aren't the X-Men!") and pretty exciting.  And though it puts me in an absolute minority and I know it'll never happen, I harbor a deep desire for an X-Men uniform Sunder figure, because I love that cover and it's really meaningful to me.  But of course, nobody cares about Sunder, he never actually wears it and he gets murked by the end of the issue, so yeah, I know Hasbro's never going to make this happen. 

On 3/2/2023 at 11:26 PM, Emnems80 said:

Was wondering why the Outback Rogue looked different from what I remember her looking like. I recently came across this picture and now see why the figure looks the way it does. Spot on to J Scott Campbell.619fVGJZJWL._AC_UF8941000_QL80_.thumb.jpg.8af411741553101900ced2120e24b1ca.jpg57-20221215-233125.thumb.png.bd14a202578a5970b282b7cb469ed9ad.png

Wow. They did a good job capturing that image. I wonder how they would have pulled off the big 80's poof hair. It got even crazier around Inferno.

On 3/3/2023 at 5:21 AM, Chunkylover said:

Wow. They did a good job capturing that image. I wonder how they would have pulled off the big 80's poof hair. It got even crazier around Inferno.

I pre-ordered this figure to start building my Outback X-Men. Something tells me Hasbro will rerelease this figure with a new head sculpt with the 80's poof hair 😂

I never bought into the social media outcry (mostly on FB) that this Emma was fugly. Certainly nowhere near Retro Sue Storm levels if the FB posts would have us believe. Nor the Retro Rogue levels. Remember people losing their s*** about that figure? People saw someone upload in-hand pics of that person's figure with the lipstick applied wrong. Turned out it was just a QC issue.

And now these pics make me want to preorder her (instead of waiting to pick up in-store) as I need a second Ms. Frost for my display. She's giving Xtina in these pics.

As far as M is concerned really hoping it's just the angle that's making her head like 1/2 the size of normal Legends heads.

On 3/2/2023 at 11:26 PM, Emnems80 said:

Was wondering why the Outback Rogue looked different from what I remember her looking like. I recently came across this picture and now see why the figure looks the way it does. Spot on to J Scott Campbell.619fVGJZJWL._AC_UF8941000_QL80_.thumb.jpg.8af411741553101900ced2120e24b1ca.jpg57-20221215-233125.thumb.png.bd14a202578a5970b282b7cb469ed9ad.png

The box art actually uses that J. Scott Campbell art 😉

rogue55.png

Hasbro team definitely put a lot of detail into Emma’s headsculpt, it’s a very detail paint job that attempts to capture John Cassidy’s art but it just doesn’t work as well as it should, maybe because it’s way too detailed for its own good, maybe because Cassidy’s art isn’t exactly close to traditional comic book art, but I definitely prefer older Emma heads that were more simplistic and comic booky, I suppose less is more when it comes to ML headsculpts. I really hope I can kitbash new Emma with older Emma parts, her legs are perfection and should be new gold standard of proportions.  Hopefully I can transfer the upper torso of Wolverine wave Emma on that body without much difficulty.  

Shown below via Dan Who? Reviews is an in-hand look at the new Marvel Legends (Ch'od BAF Wave) X-Men Generation X St. Croix figure from Hasbro. The wave with this figure is available from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth!.

Check out images below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Monet-01.JPG

Monet-02.JPG

Monet-03.JPG

Monet-04.JPG

Monet-05.JPG

Monet-06.JPG

Monet-07.JPG

Monet-08.JPG

Monet-09.JPG

Monet-10.JPG

Monet-11.JPG

Monet-12.JPG

Monet-13.JPG

Monet-14.JPG

Monet-15.JPG

Monet-16.JPG

Good to see IMO Monet's face looks better in these photos then the promo pics were showing, I'm still really excited about this figure, super happy to be building Gen X and in their Original suits at that, I think this figure looks good, I just hope they keep the training rolling and don't stop giving us members, I'm tired of the whole...yeah here's alpha flight but sorry we don't do Marrina.

seeing all of these figures coming out though gets me worried, things have not hit major retailers all year here in Canada, and I'm just really getting worried everything I've pre-ordered is going to release all at once and my wallet is going to implode. Hasbro's current 2023 Distrubution is wacked, really need to fix that.

On 3/3/2023 at 12:26 PM, Emnems80 said:

As far as I knew, Hasbro usually don't give head sculptors certain reference pictures, some of them sculpt as they like, for example, the Haslab Goblin Queen. Some search by themselves, like Hellfire Jean Grey is inspired by Mark Brooks's recent variant cover. Only few of them would use comics pages as reference.

On 3/2/2023 at 10:26 PM, Emnems80 said:

Good find. And on that note it does almost look exactly like the artwork, especially in the face sculpt. My problem with this figure at all is the body mold they chose. Again, they choose the very well done, yet quickly wearing out it's welcome, Shriek mold and painted on the edges of the green bustier part of the figure when they have a perfectly good, but very underused Scarlet Witch mold which they purposely went back and retooled because the legs were too long and the heels didn't allow it to stand properly. Then they went on to use it to redo SW and another version of The Wasp and then it went away again. It's a beautiful body model and it would have been perfect for this. Again, I just question Hasbro's decision making on some (actually many) of these long awaited/anticipated characters. Sure this one has the pinless technology, but damn, in 2023 can they not find an easy way to convert and design the arms and legs of one figure to universally fit on another figure of similar size. Do they literally have to redesign an entire body mold when the go to pinless? I know that's not correct, because I've seen many figures that have both pinned and pinless components to them, especially in the favored child, MCU figures.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:42 AM, monron999 said:

Good find. And on that note it does almost look exactly like the artwork, especially in the face sculpt. My problem with this figure at all is the body mold they chose. Again, they choose the very well done, yet quickly wearing out it's welcome, Shriek mold and painted on the edges of the green bustier part of the figure when they have a perfectly good, but very underused Scarlet Witch mold which they purposely went back and retooled because the legs were too long and the heels didn't allow it to stand properly. Then they went on to use it to redo SW and another version of The Wasp and then it went away again. It's a beautiful body model and it would have been perfect for this. Again, I just question Hasbro's decision making on some (actually many) of these long awaited/anticipated characters. Sure this one has the pinless technology, but damn, in 2023 can they not find an easy way to convert and design the arms and legs of one figure to universally fit on another figure of similar size. Do they literally have to redesign an entire body mold when the go to pinless? I know that's not correct, because I've seen many figures that have both pinned and pinless components to them, especially in the favored child, MCU figures.

And the recent Baron Strucker shows Hasbro can take an existing pinned body and convert it to a pinless body.

• 3 weeks later...

That head sculpt is gorgeous. It's distinctly J. Scott Campbell so it doesn't actually look like Rogue, but it is beautiful. I prefer the old one. I too am miffed that the costume lines are just painted. Again, there is a completely good and underutilized Scarlet Witch body mold that has sculpted lines that would have worked fine for this figure but......Hasbro. Still happy to have it and all in all it turned out good.

On 2/27/2023 at 11:22 PM, Benn said:

It was actually Sunder, not Strong Guy! And, like Storm, he and Legion didn’t actually wear the uniform except on the cover of that one issue. Amanda Sefton did, though, as did Sharon Friedlander and Tom Corsi.

On 2/28/2023 at 7:10 AM, Sidewinder said:

Thanks for the correction. I’ll have to go back and read that issue again. My old memory is getting rusty. 

Funny thing about this is Strong Guy was supposed to be moved to the X-Men at one time. It was something Jim Lee tried to strong arm before he bailed on Marvel for Image. He saw the growing popularity of Guido and lobbied to have him put on the Blue Team as an analog to Gold Team's Colossus. I guess it was put in motion and he was supposed to join the Blue sometime after X-Tinction Agenda but that was about the time all the artists split and plans changed shortly afterward. It's even clear, in the trading cards that were already in production at the time, there is an X-Men Team Picture which clearly includes Strong Guy in the photo, but then later got labeled as Sunder even though he spent like what, three issues in a uniform and then got unceremoniously shot and killed. Not sure where I read it, but I'm sure it was in one of the thousands of articles that were being written about the Image guys when they turned the comic industry on it's head.

Edit: added picture

Marvel+Universe+Series+I+-+X-Men+1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...