X-Men in the post-House of X era

Benn

Quentin Quire in his recent X-Force look may not be most people's number #1 choice, but the figure's reveal made me wonder which X-characters people would like to see in one of their recent looks. Here are some costumes I'd love to see as toys.

Askani / Cypher / Jean Grey / Magik / Rictor / Storm / Sunfire / Tempo

Askani.thumb.jpg.66f05c7f077f5543f7bee0fde17d6c5d.jpgCypher.thumb.jpg.6bdb51b9c16dc4bd5b6125132264fba3.jpg782530000_JeanGrey.thumb.jpg.1a575f44d8d8dc5d684efd260275f337.jpgMagik.thumb.jpg.76ceb0b399c0ccde37355f7638fed4a4.jpgRictor.thumb.jpg.6be9ddbb12b7e6044155ed8e83c3b473.jpgStorm.thumb.jpg.25aff12162376c986326604581cb60b3.jpgSunfire.thumb.jpg.77be68073b305f122cd01a0a7f5cc6e1.jpgTempo.thumb.jpg.2bbbece5f1540837d73628343b6a046e.jpg

On 12/7/2022 at 11:33 AM, Benn said:

Here's the concept art for Sunfire. No rising sun. I think they were trying to find an interesting way to combine his classic costume with the popular Age of Apocalypse look, in a way that didn't require him to basically be on fire all the time. I really like it.

spacer.png

The costume does look good in that character turn around.

For Doug Ramsey I'd rather see his New Mutants look. And I'm afraid if they went with this look for him, that they'd go for Sage in her yellow costume too, which quite frankly reminds me too much of Jubilee (I always have to do a double-take everytime I see Sage on a comic page, thinking it's Jubes).

I think that Jean and that Storm would look good in figure form.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:50 AM, watanabefan said:

This is my big want out of the Krakoa era costumes rn.

FTI3fzFagAA32gr?format=jpg&name=large

That one is kind of neat. Another neo-classic.

What I think is weird is that we have circled back to the days of impossibly impractical costumes from the 90's. How could Stryfe's huge helmet and spikes function in a battle? How could those spikes on storm do any better?

It's funny how aesthetics change. Does anyone wear those big goofy boots anymore, like Wolverine's or Captain America's? Giant floppy pieces of fabric hanging all over?

On 12/9/2022 at 4:24 PM, Chunkylover said:

I thought the love triangle one was good, and the HoXPoX wave was OK. You didn’t like either of them?

I thought the HoXPoX was Ok too. I was really disappointed with the love triangle. I think the only ones I have liked have been the Dark Phoenix ones even though those are the more generic female faces for Hasbro.

On 12/9/2022 at 7:30 PM, Emnems80 said:

I thought the HoXPoX was Ok too. I was really disappointed with the love triangle. I think the only ones I have liked have been the Dark Phoenix ones even though those are the more generic female faces for Hasbro.

Oh. Too bad. I thought the LT Jean was up there with like, the Scarlet Witch or something. Too bad. 

None of these really do much for me, but I would get Tempo since she is close enough to her original look, Cypher would probably be a get because he'd be the first Cypher, but would prefer his original look same with Askani, Jean and Magik I'd buy for sure because of my need to continue to add to my Ladies of Marvel shelf, and I like those looks. Storm would be a pass she's just not looking different enough.

now if we are talking newer outfits I'd be all over an X-Men Red Jean.