What do you want to see in 2023?

leokearon

With another year coming to a close, it is time to look forward to next year. So what do you want to see next year. New Accessories? New molds? Mold being shelved? Teams that ned to be completed or started?More of certain characters or less? Try not to make it a wishlist of figures.

For 2023 I would like to see some Hulk characters like A-bomb and Bi-beast. As far rounding out some teams, Feral, Wolfsbane, Xfactor (Beast, Jean, Angel) to go with cyclops, and maybe some more Serpent Society members like Death Adder, Anaconda, or Diamondback. 

If they do more box sets, I would love a Shiar Imperial Guard box set ( Warstar, Oracle, Neutron, Hussar and Earthquake) 

Being the 60th X-Men Anniversary, I would like to see more never made before in Legends form mutant related charcacters and teams, completing X-Force with Feral, X-Factor with Wolfsbane, Brotherhood with Destiny, Excalibur with Rachel, Marauders (at least with Greycrow, Harpoon, Arclight, Malice,...), start Acolytes (at least Fabian Cotez, Amelia Voght, Cargill, Unuscione,...), Morlocks (Leech, Erg, Masque, etc), New X-Men (like Armor, Pixie, Anole, Hellion, Rockslide, Glob Herman, etc) and also, of course, X-Men like Marrow, Sage and Cecilia Reyes.

I said this last year and will say this again More Villains, still so many important comic Villains we need I.E. Mandarin, Mordo, Madame Masque, Mole Man, blah blah, Every Hero needs at least 1 of their integral villains in plastic form, stop making heroes who have no villains (looking at you Moon Knight and Shang Chi). but I know this isn't supposed to be a wish list, but I want to finish Alpha Flight with Marrina,  Retro GR wave give us DAN!!!, Marvel Monsters!!! (I need you Man-Thing) obviously more Serpent Society. Also thank for you starting Gen X officially.

but on the not wishlist side of things more we need to see more of the Diversity in female bucks, also can we get some new Effect Accessories for the repertoire, need less fireballs and magic circles, stop putting those with everyone, make some new molds.

lastly Hasbro Pulse Canada, if you are going to insist on making Hasbro Pulse exclusives, can we not pay american prices and pay 30 shipping? thanks get on it Hasbro.

- Wanna see more meticulosity with the classics. Enough phoning them in.

- Use of metallic yellow instead of ugly gold.

- More facial expressions for heroes besides stoic. Some battle cries, gritted teeth, etc. Especially repetitive characters.

- More obscure, classic Avengers/Defenders made.  

- Different size bodies similar to Vulcan buck. Shorter and taller.

- another villain wave in the works.

- Ultimate Riders brought back.

- Knock out some more classic Iron Man armors. 

- Finish up the teams that have like 1 or 2 members left.

- No more Kate Bishop legs ever.

- Quit giving fireballs to characters that shouldn’t have fireballs.

I would love to see,

• New Accessories: Enough with the fireballs, decade old weblines and the like, give characters their proper accessories and update the ones you have. 
  • Retiring of old/bad molds: Bucky Cap, Hyperion, Kate Bishop need to be retired - You have a lot of new mold designed, start using them.
  • More diversity for Female bodies: Not everyone is Kate Bishop.
  • More villains: Can never go wrong with more bad guys.
  • Full On Ghost Rider and Iron Man retro waves: One or two figures doesn't satisfy my nostalgia.

On 12/9/2022 at 10:20 PM, spidey616 said:

I like the mix of modern, classic, a-listers and eclectic figures Hasbro has been pumping out over the last few years. If they keep that trend up, I'll be happy.

I am happy with what they gave us this year, and what it looks like they will provide next year. 

I wish things didn't cost so much, but I don't blame Hasbro for that.

Finish Excalibur and Alpha Flight

More rep for the Serpent Society and Squadron Supreme

More classic versions of figures like Wonderman 

More deep dives like Dr Druid, Stingray, Moondragon so the classic Avengers team can be completed

MCU film/show figures that are accurate the FIRST time

On 12/13/2022 at 9:39 PM, McHogan said:

Finish Excalibur and Alpha Flight

More rep for the Serpent Society and Squadron Supreme

More classic versions of figures like Wonderman 

More deep dives like Dr Druid, Stingray, Moondragon so the classic Avengers team can be completed

MCU film/show figures that are accurate the FIRST time

Definitely want Stingray. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, everyone!

I am new here, but I wanted to share my list of most wanted figures:

-Swordsman

-Mantis

-Moondragon

-Classic Drax

-Updated Gennis Vell

-Dragon Man

-Annihilus

-Moleman

-Updated Yellowjacket (and any other iteration of Pym not yet done in Legends)

-Giant sized Clint Barton's Goliath (a dream come true... may it be a little bit closer than expected, after the rumoured Super Adaptoid?)

To be honest, I am already happy about what we know or kind of know... Safari jacket Wonder Man, Molecule Man and the rumoured Super Adaptoid, Hyperion and Dr. Spectrum... I am going to need more room u.u 

I would like to see more "value-for-the-dollar" again.  More hand options, effects parts ( new ones!), foot stands perhaps, extra portraits.

I'd like a few more Alpha Flight characters--Marrina, Box, Talisman, Nemesis etc...

I'd like more Star Jammers, more Imperial Guard, more Asgardians........many more comics-versions. I'm not a MCU guy anymore, but I concede they have their place.

I'd really like more stuff to create displays/dioramas, but that gets into a sticky price-point arena.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm surprised we aren't getting a deluxe special OG Antman and Wasp with tons of accessories. Did I miss an announcement? I hope so. I'd totally get it. It seems like great synergistic timing. They have a big movie coming out. Wimpy Kang was great in Loki. Can't wait to see Bad-ass Kang. But seriously, the classic Antman and Wasp I have need some updating. That TRU exclusive was missing some necessary accessories. That's what I'd like for my birthday, Hasbro. I've been liking the deluxe line and I think a two back of Antman and Wasp would be great for it. Especially if it came out right now, what with the characters getting all that Disney marketing machine magic.

On 12/26/2022 at 2:14 PM, TheArrow said:

I would like to see more "value-for-the-dollar" again.  More hand options, effects parts ( new ones!), foot stands perhaps, extra portraits.

This is a big one. Hasbro seems to be increasingly "penny wise, pound foolish." I understand that price increases are going to happen over time, but you can't give people less, while increasing the price, and not expect to alienate chunks of your consumer base over time. Little things like hands, or simple, generic display stands cost very little, but add a lot to the perceived value of a figure. Look at the recently-announced, overpriced, video game Spidey- if they had included two more hands, there would have been less fan backlash. If they included two more hands and an unmasked head, there would have been very little backlash. 

I also strongly agree with Hasbro making some new effect pieces- we've gotten the same fireballs and "magic" effects over and over. It's another case of something that isn't very expensive making a big difference. It looks weird to have a display of Marvel Legends with 20+ figures having the same effect pieces in different colors.

Hasbro also needs to fix their packaging issues. They should just do away with the "plastic free" packaging, but whether they do that or stick with solid boxes, they really need to seal them extremely well. Swapping and theft have been a huge issue for years, but Hasbro still seals the packages with a few pieces of tape. They need to be strongly sealed, in a tamper-evident way. 

The thing about tooling more effects parts is that if they tool pieces that work with OTHER pieces, they not only increase their tooling library but they also increase the effects parts options in any given set.
Yeah, we've been getting the same effects parts for pretty much a decade now ( I think) and only once did they expand on them--boot blasts for Iron Man.  Magic stuff can work over at least a dozen or more existing characters, and new and revisited ones to be sure.
And if one looks at the secondary and niche markets, accessories, add-ons and effects items are selling.  Purely accessory sets, perhaps offered on Pulse can get new tooling paid for faster, and be an on-going product for collectors.  The interest sure LOOKS like it's there in the marketplace, but Hasbro seems so timid in jumping into that pool.
As a collector, I'm frustrated.

On 1/29/2023 at 5:04 PM, TheArrow said:

The thing about tooling more effects parts is that if they tool pieces that work with OTHER pieces, they not only increase their tooling library but they also increase the effects parts options in any given set.
Yeah, we've been getting the same effects parts for pretty much a decade now ( I think) and only once did they expand on them--boot blasts for Iron Man.  Magic stuff can work over at least a dozen or more existing characters, and new and revisited ones to be sure.
And if one looks at the secondary and niche markets, accessories, add-ons and effects items are selling.  Purely accessory sets, perhaps offered on Pulse can get new tooling paid for faster, and be an on-going product for collectors.  The interest sure LOOKS like it's there in the marketplace, but Hasbro seems so timid in jumping into that pool.
As a collector, I'm frustrated.

Yeah I agree with your points above. I’ve been saying for some time that Hasbro could make a killing on selling accessories etc on Pulse for a decent price. I would have bought 6-8 of those portal accessories that came with the deluxe Dr Strange ( as well as with Zero in the upcoming XMen villains pack. But not at the $40 ( or were they $30?) that Target was selling the set for. 

If Hasbro threw them on Pulse for say $16, I could have recreated the ending of EndGame..

my other million dollar idea was a head accessory set featuring era specific or artist specific unmasked looks for all our favorite characters. Imagine an 80s Marvel Set with decade specific head sculpt of Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Steve Rogers etc...

or a set of artist specific heads of say Peter Parker with heads representing eras of Ditko, Buscema, McFarlane, Byrne, Larson .... then collectors could pop their favorite eras head on their favorite version of Spidey.. seems like Hasbro could print their own money! Though honestly I fear what they would charge for sets like these in today’s market

On 2/3/2023 at 12:06 AM, McHogan said:

Yeah I agree with your points above. I’ve been saying for some time that Hasbro could make a killing on selling accessories etc on Pulse for a decent price. I would have bought 6-8 of those portal accessories that came with the deluxe Dr Strange ( as well as with Zero in the upcoming XMen villains pack. But not at the $40 ( or were they $30?) that Target was selling the set for. 

If Hasbro threw them on Pulse for say $16, I could have recreated the ending of EndGame..

my other million dollar idea was a head accessory set featuring era specific or artist specific unmasked looks for all our favorite characters. Imagine an 80s Marvel Set with decade specific head sculpt of Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Steve Rogers etc...

or a set of artist specific heads of say Peter Parker with heads representing eras of Ditko, Buscema, McFarlane, Byrne, Larson .... then collectors could pop their favorite eras head on their favorite version of Spidey.. seems like Hasbro could print their own money! Though honestly I fear what they would charge for sets like these in today’s market

Head sets wouldn't really work, as not all heads work on all body types and it would only sell if people have enough of the characters for them to actually want to buy it.

On 2/3/2023 at 3:05 AM, leokearon said:

Head sets wouldn't really work, as not all heads work on all body types and it would only sell if people have enough of the characters for them to actually want to buy it.

It COULD'VE worked had Hasbro been consistent on the bodies to ensure head swaps across the line. More than once a simple head swap would "fix" a figure only to have that little ball be too big or too small...

But yeah, since they never had that type of consistency for this idea to work they'd have to craft heads for specific bodies already released. So it could work, but no way Hasbro puts in that level of effort.

On 2/3/2023 at 3:57 PM, McHogan said:

It COULD'VE worked had Hasbro been consistent on the bodies to ensure head swaps across the line. More than once a simple head swap would "fix" a figure only to have that little ball be too big or too small...

But yeah, since they never had that type of consistency for this idea to work they'd have to craft heads for specific bodies already released. So it could work, but no way Hasbro puts in that level of effort.

Sorry to quote myself but thought this would bring everyone up to date: just saw a post on another forum stating that Hasbro said the head from He Who Remains will NOT fit the upcoming Kang. This is a baffling decision. Why would they not engineer the head to fit both molds? The easy answer is because some of us will be foolish enough to rebuy Kang when he is re-released WITH a head that fits. Just so dumb for them to not put I'm the effort to make the heads compatible