Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Marvel Legends Wave Revealed!?!

JayC

We got the trailer this morning an now an image has surfaced on social media for what appears to be the back of a cardback for the Miles Morales figure in Hasbro's new Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse themed wave. On the cardback we see al the figures in the wave which includes the following:

- Miles Morles
- Spider-Gwen
- Spider-Man 2099
- Jessica Drew
- Spider-Punk
- The Spot
- Peter B. Parker

Strangely whoever decided to release this image on the net choose not to show us what the Build-A-Figure for the wave will be, but I am sure it's only a matter of time before we see more of these either officially or unofficially. The movie opens in theaters on June 2nd, 2023.

318626153_490078826449071_3959271986486987829_n.jpg

here's my theory in regards to the BAF I think it's Jessica Drew, since as we can see this is clearly the Miles figure (if the figure you are buying was circled it would have been miles), the only figure here on this card with a red circle around them is Jessica, I think that's the BAF.

anyways looks like a fine wave, cool for those who want ITSV figures, I would likely only get Spot since he might pass as a comic version and Spider-Punk because he's awesome.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:15 AM, leokearon said:

Looks fake. It doesn't match the design of the plastic free packaging and you can even see the bottom edge of the packaging which means it shouldn't be cut off at the top. Also the edges are too round and the peg hole at the top is wrong. 

Dont think its fake, it was said these would be on cardbacks, remember these figures were supposed to originally already be out as was the movie. They match up with the listings we saw and thats not a photoshop job. Thats someone holding an actual cardback. Its also possible this wave doesnt have a BAF which may be why we have seen that Deluxe Target exclusive Spider-Man figure listing. That might be that Cyborg Spider-Woman thing. The figures look to be done in an animated style to match the movie. Obviously I can't say 100% its real since I don't even know the original source of the image, but if its fake someone spent a lot of time making that for no real reason.

No baf for this wave is weird. Then again, we haven't seen the front or side so it may be a product sample from the factory. 

Then again all of these look to be all new sculpts so it may be that there wasn't enough money for a baf.

That being said, even though I collect all Spider-men, I may just get the Spot until we get our comic version.

Aside from the fact that they are obviously holding a card back, to me those look more like the 6" standard wave rather than the formerly Infinite line, if it's even called that anymore. As many of us know the Spider-Woman figure hit stores weeks ago, so these would fit with that. As far as the listings matching up, I would put money that there will be a similar, if not identical, main wave where the BAF will most likely be Spider-Woman.

On 12/14/2022 at 2:28 PM, monron999 said:

Aside from the fact that they are obviously holding a card back, to me those look more like the 6" standard wave rather than the formerly Infinite line, if it's even called that anymore. As many of us know the Spider-Woman figure hit stores weeks ago, so these would fit with that. As far as the listings matching up, I would put money that there will be a similar, if not identical, main wave where the BAF will most likely be Spider-Woman.

it says marvel legends on the top corner. That is only reserve for Legends. and before anyone says it, the vintage 4 inch line has a different logo.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:51 AM, tarot said:

Yep defineatly no baf back it is a vintage style packaging. 

ta5qx7nu3x5a1.webp

I guess now that we see this image, likely no BAF for this wave.

interesting choice that Hasbro went with a card for these.

I think I'll be mostly passing on this wave, maybe Spot if he looks comic passable, but judging from this figure here, these are looking really toony, which I won't collect, but however would still buy Spider-Punk just because.

On 12/14/2022 at 3:46 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I guess now that we see this image, likely no BAF for this wave.

interesting choice that Hasbro went with a card for these.

I think I'll be mostly passing on this wave, maybe Spot if he looks comic passable, but judging from this figure here, these are looking really toony, which I won't collect, but however would still buy Spider-Punk just because.

most are guessing that with the wave consist of mostly brand new stylished sculpts that they didn't have money for a baf.

On 12/14/2022 at 11:01 AM, tarot said:

most are guessing that with the wave consist of mostly brand new stylished sculpts that they didn't have money for a baf.

Yeah seems right, since all of these figures feature brand new and exclusive to each character tooling, it would eat the BAF budget, so I guess my earlier theory of Jessica Drew being the BAF is out the window, unless she is and Spidey 2099 just doesn't come with a BAF piece.

because it still doesn't make sense that she is circled on the back of the card.

On 12/14/2022 at 8:35 AM, tarot said:

it says marvel legends on the top corner. That is only reserve for Legends. and before anyone says it, the vintage 4 inch line has a different logo.

Actually, I think they are using the Legends label on quite a few product lines, not just the 6" collector grade lines, but whatever, that just makes it that much easier for me to pass on. A full animated inspired wave with almost zero to no details, horribly exaggerated anatomy, cheap, wonky, flimsy looking articulation and no BAF? Double pass, thank you. I know it's based off the movie and it's art, but somehow it works on screen, yet is a bit lacking in plastic. Not sure why America got stuck with that Steroidal upper body and toothpick lower body style of animation, but it's here to stay. Guess I'm saving my money and buying that Ronan the Accuser Deluxe after all. If they wanna break these waves up to be completely specific to a movie(s), game, television and comics from now on let's do it. I been begging for them to do that for years. That breaks my cost down to 1/4 what it used to be, with the usual obligatory Deluxes and Multi-Packs, of course. Of course, that whole "plasticless future", they musta forgot about that for this wave, but it was ridiculous in the first place. Onward Ho!, Hasbro. Onward Ho!

I'm sure Jessica Drew will make her appearance as Spider-Woman in that whole $40+ Deluxe format, a-la McFarlane Toys. It is curious that Jessica is circled, but this packaging clearly has no BAF part in it.

Wow, that looks horrible. I'll probably still buy Spot just because, but Yikes! That's too bad because I actually really like they did Prowler from the first movie. This is so, so far from that. I saw the cheaper version of Cyborg Spider-Woman at wal-mart the last two times I was there for $16.97 but just couldn't bring myself to buy it, I'm hoping they do one in more of a Legends style but by the looks of this Spider-Man 2099 it may not be much better than the one already out.