Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Marvel Legends Wave Revealed!?!

JayC

I have decided that for me personally at least, the style from the movie does not translate to figures. These look terrible to me, even if they are accurate. I’ll probably just get Miles, Gwen and Peter to have a representation of the movie on my comic Spider-verse shelf, but so far neither Punk nor 2099 does anything for me. Too bad Spot will also be in this style so I can’t put him into my comic villains display.

Miles and Gwen look good, it's really disappointing that Peter doesn't have his full suit on, but I'll still probably get him. I may have to re buy the old one for the unmasked head though. The others though...good god they look terrible. I've not really felt this way about many Legends, maybe it's just the design of the movie that I don't like but the other 3 look absolutely awful. 2099's design just looks really off to me, as does Punk's, I don't really care for them, but the Spot... 

Wow, these are just........awful. I know they're probably pretty film accurate but these animated figures just don't translate well into plastic. Just look at that Spot. He looks more like an alien than a villain. Just look at how scrawny Peter looks compared to SM2099. Gwen looks okay but being the best in a bad wave ain't all that great. Also, though I have NO intention of buying any of these monstrosities, this whole concept of not doing a BAF when there is absolutely a character that would qualify as one involved in the film may be indication of things to come. I know it's a bonus incentive program but it's one that's been synonymous with ML for over 20 years now. The term BAF was coined for and from this line. It's tradition. What I really wanna know is what is the price point gonna be. Will the cost to do a wave with almost all new sculpts be absorbed into the cost and remain at $25 or will they adjust the price to reflect the fact that they are including less plastic in the container? Something tells me Hasbro intends to test the limits as to how much, or more accurately, how little the fandom is willing put up with at that $25 price point.

Money saver for me but i can't help but think the movie/actor collectors are getting the shaft and that eventually means everyone else eventually gets the shaft. Maybe they're shifting to a McFarlane type arrangement where only the main line gets a BAF and then there are "other " specified lines that don't include a BAF but have a Deluxe figure involved in the wave. I dunno, but I'm getting the eerie feeling we're seeing the end of an era here.

Oh oooof, seeing these figures I gotta say I'm not digging anyone except Gwen, holy moly is The Spot hideous, like what the proportions, he looks fat in the gut, like a beer bellied alien, Spider Punk looks like he was build out of sticks and his face is crooked, the 2 figures I thought I might like I don't, Miles is fine for what he is, Peter B is basically the same figure minus a jacket, 2099 is just way to big in the torso, Gwen is beautiful though.

but all in all this wave looks too wacky, I get it's supposed to be really translating the movie characters into plastic, but it's not my flavor, most of these look like well articulated children's figures. Strong passes here, maybe Gwen...maybe.

Wow. Money saving wave for me. These are hot garbage. The only one that doesn't look completely atrocious is Spider-Gwen, but, A) I'm not a fan of the character, and B) how many times are they gonna release her in action figure form? Zero interest in buying any of these.

On 12/14/2022 at 9:09 AM, GnarlyCharlie85 said:

Hope the spot has an alternate head, but probably not. Don't like when we get a movie figure of a comic figure we need first. It will be like another year till they release a comic one if at all really.

Or we'll get a comic version as an exclusive somewhere this year.  See: Gorr the God Butcher.

I actually appreciate what Hasbro has done here.  Not in the sense of having much interest in the figures (I MIGHT pick up Gwen and Miles to have as a standalone pair on display...if I can get them on sale/clearance), but in the sense of creating a movie-accurate line that seems to me like it's intended to try to get some kids into Marvel Legends style (read: Higher pricepoint) figures.

By avoiding any comic-based characters (or especially a comic-based BAF) they've IMO done us a favor.  Now there's no real reason for folks that prefer the more realistically-proportioned figures to pick these up.  It's only one wave and I would absolutely not read into much on this as it's probably a bit of an experiment by Hasbro as this isn't a typical Marvel movie, but after several years of thousands of dollars worth of figures each year (and rising) I'll take whatever breaks I can.

I'll buy The Spot, but I'm not proud to admit it - and I do hope we get a comic version soon. The others shown I wouldn't buy even if they were 80% off retail price. I do have interest in seeing the rumored Legends version of Cyborg Spider-Woman, but after these reveals I'm not expecting much. The non-Legends version is out and it's... not great.

The figures look good compared to what they’re from, but the animated designs themselves are just yughhh. Especially the Spot. Looking forward to the movie nonetheless; just weird to me that these have made their way into the ML line. They look more like Batman Animated Series figures ha. Good by them for not including a comic baf nor any other comic based in the mix so.. no harm, no foul. There better be plans for a comic version of The Spot though, dad gummit! 🙂

• 3 months later...

Shown below via Reddit are the first images for the upcoming Marvel Legends Across The Spider-Verse Deluxe Cyborg Spider-Woman And Jessica Drew figures from Hasbro.

The kid oriented version of the Cyborg Spider-Woman figure from Hasbro has been available for several months now at places like Amazon.

Back in December we saw the other regular Marvel Legends figures in the Across The Spider-Verse wave which includes Miles Morales, Peter B. Parker, Spider-Gwen, The Spot, Spider-Punk and Spider-Man 2099. The only from the wave we hadn't seen was Jessica Drew.

The official release date for these figures I believe will be on April 9th but since retailers have already started to get them in stock we may start seeing them released sooner than that. No indication on where the figures shown below originated from.

Spider-Verse-01.jpg

Spider-Verse-02.jpg

Spider-Verse-03.jpg