Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Marvel Legends Wave Revealed!?!

JayC

How is that Spider-Woman a woman? I know we have some fun with character shape but there is literally no female anatomy on that design. Am I missing something? 

So yeah, I agree with most that these designs are absolutely terrible. I made the decision for myself that I'll not partake in animated versions and these pics solidify that choice. 

The first movie was ok but very overrated by comic fandom. This sequel looks to be more of the same so easy pass on both the film and the "Legends"

Cyborg Spider-Woman is still a monstrosity to me, Jessica looks good for what it is, but I'm still going to make an easy pass on these figures they are way too specific in their designs which is great for those who want them, but I'm staying off the animated stuff/MCU, it'll save my pockets which I'm cool with.

On 3/24/2023 at 4:34 PM, McHogan said:

How is that Spider-Woman a woman? I know we have some fun with character shape but there is literally no female anatomy on that design. Am I missing something? 

Mate you have a talking pig, an anime school girl, a man who exist in a black and white universe and all of them from alternate universe but woman with masculine feature you find hard to believe?

On 3/24/2023 at 12:44 PM, tarot said:

Mate you have a talking pig, an anime school girl, a man who exist in a black and white universe and all of them from alternate universe but woman with masculine feature you find hard to believe?

Hahaha good point. Query redacted 

On 3/24/2023 at 12:50 PM, McHogan said:

Hahaha good point. Query redacted 

I'm confident in saying that the reason she looks nothing like a woman is because she has been modified to the point she isn't anymore, she probably has a sad story, she's basically a Frankenstein, Her story of why she became such a monster is likely to be a real strong element in the movie, she's likely angry and full of hate towards the world and those who made her become what she is, and is in shambles because she had her identity stolen and now is some killing machine.

I'm sure in the end it will make sense.

Shown below via sb_toyz are in-hand images for the new wave of Marvel Legends figures from Hasbro that are based on the upcoming Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Part 1 animated movie from Sony. The figures in this wave include Miles Morales, Peter B. Parker, Spider-Gwen, The Spot, Spider-Punk, Jessica Drew and Spider-Man 2099.

These figures have started showing up at physical Walmart stores but will be officially available everywhere including places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth by April 9th.

Across-The-Spider-Verse 0.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 2.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 3.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 4.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 5.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 6.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 7.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 8.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 9.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 10.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 11.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 12.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 13.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 14.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 15.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 16.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 17.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 18.jpg

I really don't like these figures except for Gwen, this is an easy pass, they are too stylized, but I may if I see her out in the wild grab Gwen just because she looks nice. I wished that these were not super style specific to the movie because a Spot would have been great, I hope Hasbro gives us a comic one sooner then later.

Wow, to say these things look terrible is an understatement. Blegh! Not only are they way too juvenile looking (yes I do see the irony, coming from a grown ayass  man who still plays with toys), but the plastic and paint look Super Dooper cheap. Just look at that Peter B. figure. That looks like the brittle, semi-transparent, streaky material they us to make dinky party favors. Not sure what the hell is up with that spot figure but he is damn hideous. Spider-Punk is impossibly skinny. Spidey 2099 is ridiculously overly muscular in the upper torso and Miles just looks sickly anorexic. You wanna know where the line is in making toys look to stylized and animation-y, these guys just blew right past it and then some. I'll watch the movie, but I neither want nor need anything to do with these monstrosities. Part of me is happy there was no BAF in this wave(?), cuz it had been Cyborg Spider-Woman I woulda been miffed, cuz that one looks amazing and I do plan on getting it. That, and possibly the Jessica Drew figure. Depends on how she's portrayed.

Shown below via IGN are the official images for the new Marvel Legends Across The Spider-Verse wave. Each figure will cost $24.99 each. The wave includes figures of Miles Morales, Peter B. Parker, Spider-Gwen, The Spot, Spider-Punk, Jessica Drew and Spider-Man 2099. These will be a general release so they will be officially available everywhere including at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth starting on April 10th.

Across-The-Spider-Verse 0.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 2.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 3.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 4.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 5.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 6.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 7.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 8.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 9.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 10.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 11.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 12.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 13.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 14.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 15.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 16.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 17.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 18.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 19.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 20.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 21.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 22.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 23.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 24.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 25.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 26.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 27.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 28.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 29.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 30.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 32.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 33.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 34.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 35.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 36.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 37.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 38.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 39.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 40.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 41.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 42.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 43.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse 44.jpg

Across-The-Spider-Verse.jpg

At first I thought I was gonna be on board for Jessica Jones, but nope! I've not been on top of the information about this movie, cuz....well, it really shouldn't matter as long as it's a good movie. I don't like to know everything about a movie before I see it. That's part of the appeal. I had no idea Jessica was gonna be the pregnant Jessica. The sheer idea of a pregnant woman being so careless to be fighting crime is as dumb in a movie as it is in comics. An actual mentally stable person would be much more sensible than that. I'm sure it'll play part in the story and have something to do with her transformation, but dumb is dumb and this is beyond dumb. The rest of the wave just keeps getting worse and worse the more pictures we see. I just can't get over how cheesy that Peter B. looks. Just look at that plastic. I'm better you could probably see light through it if you put it up to a lamp. Cheap, cheap, cheap and ugly. Wow, glad they kept this wave full movie based, that way I can just ignore it altogether. Aside from the superb Cyborg.

On 3/29/2023 at 11:18 AM, monron999 said:

At first I thought I was gonna be on board for Jessica Jones, but nope! I've not been on top of the information about this movie, cuz....well, it really shouldn't matter as long as it's a good movie. I don't like to know everything about a movie before I see it. That's part of the appeal. I had no idea Jessica was gonna be the pregnant Jessica. The sheer idea of a pregnant woman being so careless to be fighting crime is as dumb in a movie as it is in comics. An actual mentally stable person would be much more sensible than that. I'm sure it'll play part in the story and have something to do with her transformation, but dumb is dumb and this is beyond dumb. The rest of the wave just keeps getting worse and worse the more pictures we see. I just can't get over how cheesy that Peter B. looks. Just look at that plastic. I'm better you could probably see light through it if you put it up to a lamp. Cheap, cheap, cheap and ugly. Wow, glad they kept this wave full movie based, that way I can just ignore it altogether. Aside from the superb Cyborg.

How do you jump to the conclusion that Jessica Drew is pregnant in the film? Because she doesn't have a traditionally athletic or slender female superhero build? Jessica Drew/Cyborg Spider-Woman looks more heavily influenced by the villain Cat from the 5th Volume of Spider-Woman rather than Jessica Drew from the comics

Cat_(Moon's_Hollow)_(Earth-616)_from_Spider-Woman_Vol_5_7_001.jpg

Spider-Woman_Vol_5_8.jpg

On 3/29/2023 at 4:36 PM, Ckobryn99 said:

How do you jump to the conclusion that Jessica Drew is pregnant in the film? Because she doesn't have a traditionally athletic or slender female superhero build? Jessica Drew/Cyborg Spider-Woman looks more heavily influenced by the villain Cat from the 5th Volume of Spider-Woman rather than Jessica Drew from the comics

Cat_(Moon's_Hollow)_(Earth-616)_from_Spider-Woman_Vol_5_7_001.jpg

Spider-Woman_Vol_5_8.jpg

because they literally told us she was pregnant and she has the baby bump in the trailers and figure.

On 3/29/2023 at 4:18 PM, monron999 said:

At first I thought I was gonna be on board for Jessica Jones, but nope! I've not been on top of the information about this movie, cuz....well, it really shouldn't matter as long as it's a good movie. I don't like to know everything about a movie before I see it. That's part of the appeal. I had no idea Jessica was gonna be the pregnant Jessica. The sheer idea of a pregnant woman being so careless to be fighting crime is as dumb in a movie as it is in comics. An actual mentally stable person would be much more sensible than that. I'm sure it'll play part in the story and have something to do with her transformation, but dumb is dumb and this is beyond dumb. 

to be fair, we don't know if she is jumping around all over the place. All we have seen of her is on a scooter. 

You have to wonder about these things, and who comes up with them. Like Spider-Man running around with an arm cast, Daredevil in a leg cast and crutches, no less (I guess being blind wasn't enough), still fighting bad guys. Oh and the casts are almost always applied over their costume! Now we have pregnant superheroes. Ridiculous, for sure. But I guess if you're gonna make an action figure of it, at least it looks accurate to the source material. I have no interest in any of these but I do like Jessica's outfit.  I'd buy that jacket if they make it in men's size!