Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Marvel Legends Wave Revealed!?!

JayC

On 3/29/2023 at 10:36 AM, Ckobryn99 said:

How do you jump to the conclusion that Jessica Drew is pregnant in the film? Because she doesn't have a traditionally athletic or slender female superhero build? Jessica Drew/Cyborg Spider-Woman looks more heavily influenced by the villain Cat from the 5th Volume of Spider-Woman rather than Jessica Drew from the comics

Cat_(Moon's_Hollow)_(Earth-616)_from_Spider-Woman_Vol_5_7_001.jpg

Spider-Woman_Vol_5_8.jpg

Errrr......cuz that is a pregnant action figure. At first, when they provided only front view pictures, I just assumed she was a female figure with a different build with noticeably larger hips, much like how all the male characters have some really different body builds, but with the new pictures she's clearly with child. Like I said, I don't know much about the movie or the plot, and I like my movies that way before I see them, so I had no idea she was gonna be pregnant in the film, but she most certainly is. As far as what a "traditional athletic or slender" female figure is supposed to look like, why don't you go ahead and explain it to me and everyone here, cuz my wife is a fitness trainer and I know many of her clients and there is no one traditional healthy look that I'm aware of.

On 3/29/2023 at 10:40 AM, tarot said:

to be fair, we don't know if she is jumping around all over the place. All we have seen of her is on a scooter. 

Also a valid point. We have no idea what she's actually going to be doing in the movie, but it just brought back the image and memory of the book and the automatic assumption is that it will be the same or based on the same general premise as the book, which as I've said, was ridiculous.

I respect how much they committed to the art style here, but I just can't get behind it. I had gotten all the figures from the original movie and ended up selling them because I just couldn't fit them in my collection. I'm thinking about doing the same for the What If stuff. I'm definitely skipping this wave in it's entirety, even if certain things about this wave are really good, like those headsculpts. 

PrimeVsPrime provided an in-hand look at the new Marvel Legends Across The Spider-Verse Deluxe Cyborg Spider-Woman figure from Hasbro. The cost will be $58.99 and officially be released on April 10. This will be a general release so it will be available at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Cybor-Spider-Woman-01.jpg

Cybor-Spider-Woman-02.jpg

Cybor-Spider-Woman-03.jpg

Cybor-Spider-Woman-04.jpg

Cybor-Spider-Woman-05.jpg

Cyborg-Spider-Woman-06.jpg

Cyborg-Spider-Woman-07.jpg

Cyborg-Spider-Woman-08.jpg

Cyborg-Spider-Woman-09.jpg

Ah the Legends Cyborg Spider-Person is actually growing on me, I hated the design, but this ML is actually pretty cool the more I see it a ton of intricate sculpting went into this, I'm almost thinking about getting it, but I likely will say no, since I'm off MCU/Animated, and need to see that path through, but this is a stellar figure in the end.

On 4/2/2023 at 11:56 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Ah the Legends Cyborg Spider-Person is actually growing on me, I hated the design, but this ML is actually pretty cool the more I see it a ton of intricate sculpting went into this, I'm almost thinking about getting it, but I likely will say no, since I'm off MCU/Animated, and need to see that path through, but this is a stellar figure in the end.

Like you, I avoid MCU figures, but the sculpting is nicely detailed, even if the character design still confuses me.

Shown below via Isaac Wong is an in-hand look at the new Hasbro Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Wave from Hasbro. You can purchase this figure from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

At Entertainment Earth you can get 10% off when you use the code ToyNewsi for figures listed as in stock. If you spend $59+ then you can get FREE SHIPPING in the US.

00.jpg

Group.1.jpg

Group.4.jpg

Group.5.jpg

Group.6.jpg

Group.7.jpg

Group.8.jpg

Group.9.jpg

Group.10.jpg

Group.11.jpg

Group.12.jpg

Gwen.1.jpg

Gwen.2.jpg

Gwen.3.jpg

Gwen.4.jpg

Gwen.5.jpg

Gwen.6.jpg

Gwen.7.jpg

Gwen.8.jpg

Gwen.9.jpg

Gwen.10.jpg

Gwen.11.jpg

Gwen.12.jpg

Jessica.1.jpg

Jessica.2.jpg

Jessica.3.jpg

Jessica.4.jpg

Jessica.5.jpg

Jessica.6.jpg

Jessica.7.jpg

Jessica.8.jpg

Miles.1.jpg

Miles.2.jpg

Miles.3.jpg

Miles.4.jpg

Miles.5.jpg

Miles.6.jpg

Miles.7.jpg

Miles.8.jpg

Miles.9.jpg

Miles.10.jpg

Miles.11.jpg

Packaged.1.jpg

Packaged.2.jpg

Packaged.3.jpg

Packaged.4.jpg

Packaged.5.jpg

Packaged.6.jpg

Packaged.7.jpg

Packaged.8.jpg

Peter.1.jpg

Peter.2.jpg

Peter.3.jpg

Peter.4.jpg

Peter.5.jpg

Peter.6.jpg

Peter.7.jpg

Peter.8.jpg

Peter.9.jpg

Peter.10.jpg

Punk.1.jpg

Punk.2.jpg

Punk.3.jpg

Punk.4.jpg

Punk.5.jpg

Punk.6.jpg

Punk.7.jpg

Punk.8.jpg

Punk.9.jpg

Punk.10.jpg

SM.2099.1.jpg

SM.2099.2.jpg

SM.2099.3.jpg

SM.2099.4.jpg

SM.2099.5.jpg

SM.2099.6.jpg

SM.2099.7.jpg

SM.2099.8.jpg

SM.2099.9.jpg

Spot.1.jpg

Spot.2.jpg

Spot.3.jpg

Spot.4.jpg

Spot.5.jpg

Spot.6.jpg

Spot.7.jpg

Spot.8.jpg

Spot.9.jpg

I pre-ordered Cyborg Spider-Woman and The Spot and am passing on the rest. Like many, I'm just not a fan of this animated style. I could maybe see myself picking up Jessica if I found her on clearance. The others hold no appeal to me.

Update: BBTS has added Cyborg Spider-Woman and Spot to my Pile of Loot. I'll likely wait to have them shipped as I'm expecting a lot more to come in this month. Interesting Target shipped by GOTG Vol. 3 Nebula all by herself today.

That Cyber-Spidey looks pretty cool, cooler than the rest of the crew, and massive. My one hang-up on this is that straight arm. It looks like there might be some kind of swivel around the elbow area that kinda works in conjunction with the shoulder joint so that it can be somewhat posed, but at what they show here and in previous pics, it looks like the only way that arm points is just forward/right. I was on board to get this cuz it looks so cool, but this has pretty much cemented, for me, that I can go ahead and pass on her with the rest of the wave.

On the other hand I was completely gonna pass on Groot, as I felt we had plenty of him, and I just really don't like the look of his adolescent form, but seeing him in progression with the other Groot's I just realized I need him. Money saved, money spent, I guess.

On another note, both Spot and Gwen are going for scalper prices online already, so if you want those figures and can find them at retail, now is the time. Of course, personally I believe this wave will be overstocked by the retailers and will underperform with the customers, so I think they'll be available everywhere. I just hate to see people panic over FOMO and fall victim to the jobless scalpers who live in their mom's basement and have nothing better to do than buy up collectables all day while the rest of us are at work.

Yeah I saw the whole Spider-Verse wave minus Gwen yesterday at my local Gamestop, these really did just come out, no pre-orders just slapping onto shelves, would have likely bought Gwen, but it seems like she is currently the hot figure from the lot (not surprising) because they had 2 full cases of these figures but not 1 Gwen.

I've got Cyborg Spider-Woman sitting in my Pile of Loot at BBTS along with The Spot. I cancelled my pre-order for Groot but am having second thoughts about that. I'd like to have him but $50 just seems a bit much. I'm also having second thoughts on passing on that animated Jessica. Hopefully I'll be able to pick up both of those figures later at a lower cost point.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 6:26 PM, RobertD said:

Has anyone ever managed to get both the free shipping and the toynewsi code to work?  Every time I've ever gone to order with free shipping the space to put in any code disappears.  I figure it's one or the other, and that's fine, but if there's an actual way to get both it'd be good to know. 

At Entertainment Earth? Yes. Make sure that you have more than $59 dollars worth of merchandise and that at least some of it is in stock. Do not enter both codes. Only enter the ToyNewsI code. The $59 Free shipping discount should apply automatically, so you shouldn't have to enter that at all.  If for some reason it's not applying automatically, and you have more than $59 worth of merchandise in your cart, it seems something is wrong, and I would suggest contacting EE customer service.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:26 PM, RobertD said:

Has anyone ever managed to get both the free shipping and the toynewsi code to work?  Every time I've ever gone to order with free shipping the space to put in any code disappears.  I figure it's one or the other, and that's fine, but if there's an actual way to get both it'd be good to know. 

I've never had a problem getting a code to work with EE. Even if you don't have a code from the TNI site just go to the deals and sales page and somewhere in there theres usually a code for shipping. But as @Satam said your have to have at least $59 in the game.

On 5/10/2023 at 8:07 PM, Satam said:

Do not enter both codes. Only enter the ToyNewsI code. The $59 Free shipping discount should apply automatically, so you shouldn't have to enter that at all. 

Well that's the issue right there.  I didn't realize the toynewsi code also included the free shipping, so I figured two separate codes needed to be entered, and of course once you enter a code the option to do any others disappears.  I'd always lean toward free shipping because that tends to be a larger discount for me than 10% off.  Thanks for clearing that up. 

On 5/11/2023 at 11:33 AM, RobertD said:

Well that's the issue right there.  I didn't realize the toynewsi code also included the free shipping, so I figured two separate codes needed to be entered, and of course once you enter a code the option to do any others disappears.  I'd always lean toward free shipping because that tends to be a larger discount for me than 10% off.  Thanks for clearing that up. 

You're very welcome. Keep in mind, though, the TOYNEWSI code doesn't include the free shipping. You have to have $59 worth of merch for that, but that discount will apply automatically if you do.