Rob Liefeld Makes His Return To The Merc With The Mouth

JayC

This June, superstar comics talent Rob Liefeld is back with another action-packed saga starring one of his greatest creations in DEADPOOL: BADDER BLOOD! A sequel to Liefeld’s hit Deadpool: Bad Blood, DEADPOOL: BADDER BLOOD will be a five-issue limited series that will deliver another definitive Deadpool adventure in iconic Liefeld style!

This latest chapter will see the Merc with the Mouth team up with guest stars like Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Cable against a dangerous new villain. Deadpool’s upcoming mission will also raise the stakes of Deadpool’s intense feud with his adversary known as Thumper, revealing surprising details about the deadly killer’s origin along the way. Additionally, fans will be introduced to brand-new Liefeld created characters including KILLVILLE, ARCATA, and the mysterious warrior SHATTERSTORM! 

“Deadpool really doesn’t have a Rogue’s Gallery of his own, he mostly tangles with other heroes villains, so I dedicated the entirety of Bad Blood to building up the story of Thumper,” Liefeld told The Hollywood Reporter. “With Badder Blood, Thumper is making moves across the gangs and crime organizations of the Marvel Universe to squeeze Deadpool and deliver him into his clutches. Thumper is also moving to destroy all the scientists behind the Weapon X program and specifically the program that created him. It’s a romp that continues to build out a Rogues Gallery for Deadpool.”

Check out the first cover below as well as interior artwork and stay tuned for more information about what promises to be one of Marvel’s biggest launches of 2023, DEADPOOL: BADDER BLOOD

DEADPOOL: BADDER BLOOD #1 (OF 5)
Written by ROB LIEFELD
Art and Cover by ROB LIEFELD
On Sale June 2023

DP_BADDERBLOOD_Cover.jpg

DP_BADDERBLOOD_Interior1.jpg

DP_BADDERBLOOD_Interior2.jpg

DP_BADDERBLOOD_Interior3.jpg

On 12/14/2022 at 4:11 PM, tarot said:

He is really clinging to his creation. It's funny how once he left better writers came along and made him into the DP we know and love. If it was up to Liefeld, DP would just be a funny Wolverine.

Straight 100, my friend. I've been all over Liefeld's BS about being the creator of Deadpool for a loooong time now. All this cat did was draw a naked body with some pouches and a Spider-Man mask, withoug feet mind you, and literally said he was supposed to be a one off farce of the Deathstroke character. I mean, really he's not even responsible for the current and most notable look of DP in modern times when it comes down to it. Luckily he had Fabian Nicieza to flesh out his character and personality and lightning struck. Yes, life is tough and the Comic biz is tougher so you take the breaks where you can, but all this garbage about DP and X-Force and others being his creation is just a load. Dude was never a good artist (though he's gotten much better), he knows zero about anatomy and motion, and he sure as hell was never a good writer. How the hell this kid got his ayass into the cracks that got him where he is today is just mind boggling. The whole thing about Marvel bending over backwards to keep those talents only to have them bail on them anyway in the end to me was the tipping point for the downfall of the industry, and this guy gravy trained right through it on biscuit wheels and still cashing in today. Like I said, take your W's where you can or someone else will, but damn, how 'bout letting some of the credit go to the real people behind this character every once in a while.

On 12/14/2022 at 10:11 PM, tarot said:

He is really clinging to his creation. It's funny how once he left better writers came along and made him into the DP we know and love. If it was up to Liefeld, DP would just be a funny Wolverine.

He may have created DP but he didn't make DP the character he is today. He just doesn't want to admit that.

Whenever the creation of Deadpool comes up, I always like to mention the work done by writer Joe Kelly. The work he did in the first three years of Deadpool’s first ongoing series really cemented the character, I believe, and clearly defined his character traits and much of his supporting cast (at least at the time).

It’s funny, I met Joe Kelly years ago and he spoke of how all he had ever dreamed of was writing Spider-Man, but Marvel wouldn’t give him a shot at it. Instead they gave him a chance on Deadpool.  He decided to apply many of the things that worked story wise in classic Spider-Man comics to Deadpool (obviously with a weirder slant).  Just think of how Blind Al to Deadpool is a slanted version of Aunt May to Peter Parker.

On 12/15/2022 at 9:08 AM, Sidewinder said:

Whenever the creation of Deadpool comes up, I always like to mention the work done by writer Joe Kelly. The work he did in the first three years of Deadpool’s first ongoing series really cemented the character, I believe, and clearly defined his character traits and much of his supporting cast (at least at the time).

It’s funny, I met Joe Kelly years ago and he spoke of how all he had ever dreamed of was writing Spider-Man, but Marvel wouldn’t give him a shot at it. Instead they gave him a chance on Deadpool.  He decided to apply many of the things that worked story wise in classic Spider-Man comics to Deadpool (obviously with a weirder slant).  Just think of how Blind Al to Deadpool is a slanted version of Aunt May to Peter Parker.

He sort of got his chance when DP had to pretend to be Spidey in DEADPOOL V.1 #11. Which is one of the best DP stories

Whoa the real take away here is Feet, Ol' Robbie boy finally sorta figured them out, took what over 30 years or so, although his feet still look weird, and hardly seem to have any motion, you know he doesn't want to draw them, tries to obscure them when he still can, but he knows the "what happened to the feet haters" are lurking, I still can't really get into his art style though, when I was a kid I thought he was kinda cool, but I didn't know any better. He still seems to have a inconsistency in his art, like small heads sometimes, big heads another. Eh glad to see this guy has made it through the years getting paid big time yet he's kinda always been a bit of a hack.  

On 12/15/2022 at 2:28 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Whoa the real take away here is Feet, Ol' Robbie boy finally sorta figured them out, took what over 30 years or so, although his feet still look weird, and hardly seem to have any motion, you know he doesn't want to draw them, tries to obscure them when he still can, but he knows the "what happened to the feet haters" are lurking, I still can't really get into his art style though, when I was a kid I thought he was kinda cool, but I didn't know any better. He still seems to have a inconsistency in his art, like small heads sometimes, big heads another. Eh glad to see this guy has made it through the years getting paid big time yet he's kinda always been a bit of a hack.  

I don’t think he’s bad, just somewhat inconsistent.