Marvel Legends Adult Franklin Richards And Turg Figure Revealed

JayC

Hasbro surprised us with this month's 20th of the month reveal with a look at an upcoming Marvel Legends Adult Franklin Richards figure coming sometime in 2023, likely as some kind of store exclusive. We were expecting the reveal to be the Build-A-Figure for the next X-Men comic based wave which should be going up for pre-order early next month, so that reveal should still be coming fairly soon but I guess we will have to wait for the new year to see that one.

Franklin will come with Turg which we saw Hasbro tease in one of their live-streams earlier this year.

Richards-01.jpg

Richards-02.jpg

Richards-03.jpg

On 12/20/2022 at 12:31 PM, JohnF said:

Good looking figure. Not what we were expecting, but no worries. And this is supposed to be in a two pack with Valeria?

that's the rumor anyway. 

To be fair about the costume choice, it was either this or the Future Foundation version and since they haven't done the F4 in those suits yet, it was this.

Errr......okay. I guess. Unexpected might be one word to describe it, but boring would be another. I'll get it, of course, as it is part of the MU, but wow, just wow. And not in a good way. And what is up with the suit? Did they intentionally put him in a suit that matches no other team build they've done to this point, just so they can do another one in another suit that we need to buy in the future? Oh wait, Dan says they'll never do another Franklin ever, ever, ever again. Y'know cuz scare tactics worked so well with the Engine of Vengeance Haslab project. I'll just leave my opinion on how much water Dan's promises hold right here, for now.

I guess I don't fully understand this. Is this supposed to be Adult Franklin or just Older Franklin, cuz I think they are actually using the same buck they're using for Kid Omega, which @tarotpointed out to me, is the Amazing Fantasy Spider-Man mold. The new buck is great, but I don't think it was created to be an adult sized buck so much as an older teen one. I didn't get the AFSM, but I've seen some comparisons and it is noticeable smaller. Not that I don't like the mold. It actually brings my intent to do a Slapstick in his Rainbow Squad uniform one step closer to fruition, cuz the current teen buck is so hard to come by. It seems like a much better version of said teen mold they used with Ultimate Spider-Man, Miles Morales SM and recently with the Ultimate Symbiote SP, which is crazy cuz they've barely used it and they're already replacing it, yet we still have no Reaper sized buck with butterflies so we keep getting garbage like Silver Surfer and Firelord on the Sunfire buck. Just a little off subject diatribe, but I gotta harp on it every chance I get.

On the brighter side, I did get spared the disappointment of having my day ruined when they reveal the Ch'od BAF to be a re-use of the Abomination buck with a new head sculpt. You wanna prove me wrong, Hasbro? Please do it, I beg you. But you won't. Guess you'll just ruin my day some other time.

Well not exactly the look for Franklin I had hoped for but whatever, I wasn't expecting this teen version of him and in this suit, it looks good for what it is, I'm sure this will come with Valeria, and if The two look cool together I might want to get this, as it stands I'm not sure this moves the needle, if it was kid Franklin I'd be more inclined.

HA Ha, I had to do a double take, 'cause when this first posted it said FLATMAN.....and it didn't look anything like him. 

Not a big fan of Franklin, or Valeria for that matter. The whole Dr. Doom thing there. The heads in jars look they were taken from the Nexus comic. At any rate, its a good way to expand your Fantastic Four collection. 

Give me classic Annihilus, 70s Sub-Mariner, Thundra and Impossible Man!

We've been seeing them do all year long in celebration of Marvel Legends' 20th Anniversary, some kind of reveal. So THIS is the reveal. Underwhelming, to say the least. 

After the embarrassing display of pointless greed they showed with the Ghost Rider haslab fail, you'd think they'd want to end the year on a positive note. And, they did indeed look like they were going that way when they did the last round of comic-related reveals. While I certainly have my bones to pick with some of the work, overall its clear that was supposed to wash the bad taste of the failed haslab away.

But then we get this. A brand new figure they've never done before, like maybe Wonder Man's fa? Or Red Wolf? No.

What about finishing off one of the many teams they've left hanging, like Valkyrie from the Defenders, or Marrina, or Rachel Phoenix, or Triton? Nope.

Maybe a team like the Warriors Three, or the Inhumans? Not hardly.

Hey, maybe redeem themselves by correcting a figure they really botched (so many examples). Or release those tier figures from that haslab? Don't think so. 

On 12/20/2022 at 10:10 PM, Atlantis said:

We've been seeing them do all year long in celebration of Marvel Legends' 20th Anniversary, some kind of reveal. So THIS is the reveal. Underwhelming, to say the least. 

After the embarrassing display of pointless greed they showed with the Ghost Rider haslab fail, you'd think they'd want to end the year on a positive note. And, they did indeed look like they were going that way when they did the last round of comic-related reveals. While I certainly have my bones to pick with some of the work, overall its clear that was supposed to wash the bad taste of the failed haslab away.

But then we get this. A brand new figure they've never done before, like maybe Wonder Man's fa? Or Red Wolf? No.

What about finishing off one of the many teams they've left hanging, like Valkyrie from the Defenders, or Marrina, or Rachel Phoenix, or Triton? Nope.

Maybe a team like the Warriors Three, or the Inhumans? Not hardly.

Hey, maybe redeem themselves by correcting a figure they really botched (so many examples). Or release those tier figures from that haslab? Don't think so. 

so you're angry that we are getting a character that has never had a proper ML along with his sister who has never had a ML because they didn't make the figure you want? And you use the Haslab failure as a point of contention?

Just because they didn't make the figure you want doesn't mean it's a failure of a reveal. 

On 12/20/2022 at 4:34 PM, tarot said:

so you're angry that we are getting a character that has never had a proper ML along with his sister who has never had a ML because they didn't make the figure you want? And you use the Haslab failure as a point of contention?

Just because they didn't make the figure you want doesn't mean it's a failure of a reveal. 

No, but the fact that they made a figure literally no one asked for could be. Of course people will want it, because it's new and it's comic and it's ML, now that it's been revealed, but if you asked a thousand people to make a list of 100 characters they want to see done in ML I honestly don't think Franky would break the top 99, and if he did it certainly wouldn't be this version of him. As far as doing characters for the FF corner of the MU certainly he belongs in the discussion, but as a final year roll out on a benchmark anniversary they've been (over) hyping all year there are many, many, many more characters that qualify under the "Never Been Done Before!!!" umbrella here. Just think how different the reaction would have been if they did Titania or Air-Walker or even She-Thing.

On 12/20/2022 at 5:00 PM, tarot said:

People have been asking for a new version of Franklin for years and they have been asking for Valeria as well. For a last reveal of the year, this is great and unexpected. Using the "No one asked for" argument is never true,

You're right, I'll amend my statement to "very few" have asked for. Certainly I've seen people put Franklin/Valeria on the beloved wish lists, but mostly in regard to characters they'd like to see from the FF part of the MU. I'd say as a whole, either or both of them are very low on the gotta have list. Like I said, just disappointing as an end of year blowout. That's all.

On 12/20/2022 at 11:04 PM, monron999 said:

You're right, I'll amend my statement to "very few" have asked for. Certainly I've seen people put Franklin/Valeria on the beloved wish lists, but mostly in regard to characters they'd like to see from the FF part of the MU. I'd say as a whole, either or both of them are very low on the gotta have list. Like I said, just disappointing as an end of year blowout. That's all.

to be fair, nothing Hasbro could have revealed would be that. There would always be people disappointed. Yes one could said the Ch'Od figure would be great but then there will be people giving out that it wasn't the NWH figures for example (which you actually see on S***ter.....I mean twitter).

Teen Franklin Richards?!?! Ehhhhhh..... I mean.. okay... 

I'm falling into the underwhelmed camp. And not because I wouldn't want this figure. But outside of the headline telling me this is Franklin,  I've no clue what I'm looking at here.

This may as well be a alternate universe version or a What If? version

Franklin to me is a little blond kid sporting a "4" logo tee. This is some brunette "guy" with an "F" logo. F for Franklin? This guy is the son of a genius? 

Admittedly I've not followed the FF to see his evolution but that exactly why the reveal is "meh". Give me "classic" Franklin and the reveal hits for me. This is a cool-ish reveal for some character I don't recognize so sorry Hasbro, this misses the mark

On 12/20/2022 at 5:56 PM, monron999 said:

No, but the fact that they made a figure literally no one asked for could be. Of course people will want it, because it's new and it's comic and it's ML, now that it's been revealed, but if you asked a thousand people to make a list of 100 characters they want to see done in ML I honestly don't think Franky would break the top 99, and if he did it certainly wouldn't be this version of him. As far as doing characters for the FF corner of the MU certainly he belongs in the discussion, but as a final year roll out on a benchmark anniversary they've been (over) hyping all year there are many, many, many more characters that qualify under the "Never Been Done Before!!!" umbrella here. Just think how different the reaction would have been if they did Titania or Air-Walker or even She-Thing.

Agree with your sentiments here. Generally speaking Franklin or Valeria are never on my wish lists. And outside of possibly Power Pack, I can't say I'd ever want Legends of kids. Honestly, how many stories involving ANY kid in comics makes anyone's best of lists? Kids make everything worse: movies like The Mummy 2 (tho to be fair, this was a terrible movie anyway. Just made worse by the addition of the kid).. sitcoms (literally everytime a cute kid is added = the worst). Comics, video games.... 

All joking aside, there are hundreds of never been released characters I'd rather have seen. Or they could have given us a version of Franklin that 90% of fans could easily recognize.  

There is playing devils advocate by saying this is an exciting reveal and then there is just pandering to the masses by saying "someone" wants this. Maybe so but you hit the nail on the head by stating that this falls way short of most collectors anticipations