Marvel Legends Adult Franklin Richards And Turg Figure Revealed

JayC

On 12/20/2022 at 1:34 PM, tarot said:

so you're angry that we are getting a character that has never had a proper ML along with his sister who has never had a ML because they didn't make the figure you want? And you use the Haslab failure as a point of contention?

Just because they didn't make the figure you want doesn't mean it's a failure of a reveal. 

Not angry, disappointed. Frankly baffled by such a bizarre, and weak, move. They had stronger choices, especially with this being the end of the year, wouldn't you agree? I never said "nobody asked for this" (although I can't imagine many did  lol). And all I can say is, if I were in their shoes, I'd be doing a lot more to win back my customers' confidence. 

I don't get the fuss here. We knew this was coming from the listing and the Turg tease, and it was highly likely it was going to be their teen looks since they did the Dan Slott F4. Are there other figures I would liked to be revealed, yes? Is this a weak reveal, no? It seems that most people just wanted this to be Ch'od and are disappointed that it wasn't. There will be more reveals and announcements next year, that will hopefully please more people.

I'm still just glad there are no fireballs

On 12/20/2022 at 9:55 PM, McHogan said:

Agree with your sentiments here. Generally speaking Franklin or Valeria are never on my wish lists. And outside of possibly Power Pack, I can't say I'd ever want Legends of kids. Honestly, how many stories involving ANY kid in comics makes anyone's best of lists? Kids make everything worse: movies like The Mummy 2 (tho to be fair, this was a terrible movie anyway. Just made worse by the addition of the kid).. sitcoms (literally everytime a cute kid is added = the worst). Comics, video games.... 

All joking aside, there are hundreds of never been released characters I'd rather have seen. Or they could have given us a version of Franklin that 90% of fans could easily recognize.  

There is playing devils advocate by saying this is an exciting reveal and then there is just pandering to the masses by saying "someone" wants this. Maybe so but you hit the nail on the head by stating that this falls way short of most collectors anticipations

Lol, yes "Someone" indeed. I'm sure even I put Franklin and Valeria into one of the wish lists we used to do a lot here. In fact, I'm sure of it, but I'm also sure it was a FF specific list and it was a double pack (on single card) of both of them as smaller children. I would say 99 percent of people that chose either of them listed them that way. I really think what happened here is they wanted to give us another case of, "Yeah, we've heard even the smallest voices and decided to give you another deep dive, so tadaaaaaa! Love us, we are Champions of the People!". An added factor is that since they did him on a young adult buck they could pass him off as a "full size figure", where if they'd done either of the siblings as children they woulda caught some major blowback if they tried to single pack them.

As far as figures of kids, I'm not opposed to them, but as ML that's a slippery slope. Primarily, I would buy Power Pack as a multi-pack set, but with that comes the concern of how lazy Hasbro would be about doing it? We've seen with figures like Puck and Hit Monkey that they are fully capable of doing characters that small with decent articulation. I mean, why shouldn't they be able to? Jazwares, a much smaller company, does some phenomenal articulation at the 4" scale (and smaller), yet Hasbro throws out stuff like Spider-Ham and Howard the Duck and Wolvie and honestly expects us to believe "There just wasn't enough room to do any kind of articulation with it.". Even their own abandoned MU line had some pretty okay articulation, initially. If and when they do Power Pack, and I do believe they will eventually, I hope they break the code on how to do articulation on figures under 6", or at least seek out or hire someone from one of those companies that do it on a regular basis, because if they don't that's another beloved property done in plastic that I will be passing on.

Just to make everyone happier about this being the years finale reveal (like that matters next year is right there), Jan is like stones throw away, and we will be getting right back to more reveals, X-Men BAF reveal coming soon, plus likely with Feb being the release date for Ant-Man 3, that wave.

I just thought it was a bleh year end reveal; that’s all. Wasn’t expecting Ch’od but definitely expected something way better than this. For as underwhelming as this is, they should've just shown the whole 2pack maybe. But yea it doesn’t really matter as 🎵time marches on🎵

I have several thoughts on this reveal. First, this appears to be the current version of Franklin Richards, as a teen from the comics. He recently dyed his hair black in an act of teen rebellion. The adult version is blonde with a beard and has appeared numerous times through the years as having come back from the future. Secondly, Marvel and Hasbro are gearing up for the FF movie and I'm sure they plan on it being a huge hit. With that in mind, I imagine they want to sell as much FF product as possible in the next several years. How many more of the core four can they make before we feel like they are just shoving another version of Wolverine down our throats? So, they are giving us more of the FF family. Specifically, I have had a feeling for a while, we would get the Future Foundation group. This includes Torg and a few other Moloids, several Atlantean children, Bently (a kid clone of the Wizard), several of the Power Pack kids, and mutants Leech and Artie. They are overseen by Dragon Man. I have also felt they are going to give us Dragon Man as either a Haslab, BAF or a premium figure like Surtur or Modok, so this fits. Franklin and Valeria and the other Foundation members are mostly teens, so using the Miles Morales/teenage Spider-man and the teen female buck makes sense cost wise. The Moloids, Atlanteans, Artie and Leech are very small but would at least require their own molds, still pretty cost effective. Five or six of them may get made into one of those box sets they have been doing more in recent years. I don't begrudge Hasbro expanding the FF characters they give us, and I see it leading to more classic villains being made from their rogue's gallery. Here we are getting Ronan, Karnak, and (probably) kid versions of Franklin and Valeria in that two-pack next year. So, Diablo, Dragon Man, Rama-tut, Puppet Master, more Inhumans, and remakes of Blasstar and Annihilus, and maybe even The Watcher are headed our way. So overall, I see this teen Franklin announcement as a good thing in the long view.

On 12/21/2022 at 1:39 PM, Jormungand said:

How many more of the core four can they make before we feel like they are just shoving another version of Wolverine down our throats? So, they are giving us more of the FF family. 

kid versions of Franklin and Valeria in that two-pack next year.

I agree with the fact they need things like this for the FF figures, we don't need endless amounts of the main 4 family members, they need to expand, probably cool to eventually see She-Hulk in her FF costume for one.

this figure is the figure they said was in a 2 pack next year with his sister no doubt, they already have said there is more to this figure, I'm 99% sure it's a 2 pack with Valeria.

Ahh, so teen Franklin will be in the two pack. Thats fine I suppose, but I will always see Franklin as the blond little kid he has been through most of my Marvel reading history. And it doesn't mean we won't get him like that at some point.  And yeah, She-hulk, Wyatt Wingfoot, Agatha Harkness, Impossible Man and other extended family would be welcomed by me.

I'm very excited for this Franklin and Valeria 2-pack and now having seen confirmation of the costume they're wearing I know which core F4 members to keep and which to sell. I still have the little kid Frankling with the 4 1/2 on his shirt that ToyBiz did, but I'm excited to get a version of him that matches his current comics appearances. Ch'od is obviously still coming so I don't know why everyone was upset that he wasn't the reveal. 2023 is going to be a very expensive year!

On 12/22/2022 at 4:38 PM, Reno said:

I'm very excited for this Franklin and Valeria 2-pack and now having seen confirmation of the costume they're wearing I know which core F4 members to keep and which to sell. I still have the little kid Frankling with the 4 1/2 on his shirt that ToyBiz did, but I'm excited to get a version of him that matches his current comics appearances. Ch'od is obviously still coming so I don't know why everyone was upset that he wasn't the reveal. 2023 is going to be a very expensive year!

They were probably upset because Ch'od being revealed would also have given details on when the wave would be one for Pre-Order, also they had hyped themselves up that it would be Ch'od that anything else would probably disappointed them anyways.

This is going to be a really expensive year! If you look at the release dates for everything we know about so far, we are only at around June for the Avengers wave and I assume the X-Men wave will be around the same time, so we are only halfway through, folks! My greatest hopes for the rest of 2023: The Original 5 X-Men team, Classic versions of Powerman and Iron Fist, Drax the Destroyer, Yondu, Wolfsbane, Dum Dum Dugan, Adam Warlock, Beta Ray Bill, Mephisto, and Sabretooth.

On 12/20/2022 at 11:46 PM, leokearon said:

"I don't get the fuss here. We knew this was coming from the listing and the Turg tease, and it was highly likely it was going to be their teen looks since they did the Dan Slott F4. Are there other figures I would liked to be revealed, yes? Is this a weak reveal, no? It seems that most people just wanted this to be Ch'od and are disappointed that it wasn't...."

I cant speak for anyone else; I don't see this as a "fuss", merely a difference of opinion, which is what is typical for this kind of forum. I was questioned on my response and I gave specific reasons why. My response was like many others. Sure, most everyone thought it would be a Ch'od reveal (if you want to talka bout turg tease there was the Cr'reee tease, so nice fake out there, hasbo lol) but again, speaking for myself, I'm not upset that it wasn't.

I AM disappointed that they chose to go the way they did, especially with this being the end of the year. Not to mention, all thats happened to this point, and all the other ways they could have gone. Fans of a Franklin 2pack will be happy, others get to save some money.

On 12/21/2022 at 1:21 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I just thought it was a bleh year end reveal; that’s all. Wasn’t expecting Ch’od but definitely expected something way better than this. For as underwhelming as this is, they should've just shown the whole 2pack maybe. But yea it doesn’t really matter as 🎵time marches on🎵

I share this sentiment, albeit, mildly; the Ronan reveal and successful pre order have bought me off from  criticizing anything further....until January 🙂

Wonder if they will be bold enough to take a shot at Legends Haslab again this year. I don't think vehicles will ever have wide enough appeal to get funded, so they will need to get clever about future offerings (unique, priced reasonably, and not flipping off the base by  including highly sought after characters that will only be released this way). Secret Invasion could be an interesting theme with say a set of characters with both regular heads and Skrull heads. War of the Realms could be a great theme too with a Frost Giant and supporting characters from the story.  Marvel Monsters (Dracula, Werewolf by Night, Mummy, Zombie, Man-Thing, Blade). Just a few thoughts! 

On 12/20/2022 at 5:56 PM, monron999 said:

Of course people will want it, because it's new and it's comic and it's ML, now that it's been revealed, but if you asked a thousand people to make a list of 100 characters they want to see done in ML I honestly don't think Franky would break the top 99, and if he did it certainly wouldn't be this version of him.

This is actually really funny because I updated my top 100 on these forums a few weeks ago, and nearly gave Franklin spot #100 but switched him out for X-Cutioner at the last minute. Not this version obviously, I would’ve wanted adult Franklin in his X-Men costume from Days of Future Present, an arguably even less popular choice, but just liked the parallels here with what you said.

On 12/23/2022 at 8:54 PM, Benn said:

Not this version obviously, I would’ve wanted adult Franklin in his X-Men costume from Days of Future Present, an arguably even less popular choice, but just liked the parallels here with what you said.

Imagine if they added a Professor X head with that Franklin Richards and get people to double dip with Savage Land Xavier and DOFP Franklin. If they were really in a giving mood they would also include a DOFP helmet-less Magneto but I'm just talking out of my arse now.

On 12/24/2022 at 12:15 AM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

Ummm...when did Franklin turn into a black haired adult? I thought he was a little blonde kid. Man I've been away from comics for a long time!

At the start of Dan Slott's run, Reed and Sue along with the rest of the Future Foundation were on a years long trip around the multiverse, so they grew up, while only a few months had past on Earth. He dyed his black to rebel again his dad, who he believed was doing enough to stop the loss of his powers

On 12/26/2022 at 9:48 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Th amount of desirable 2023 stuff being so low for me is equally good and bad, saves me money but god I wish just one of these recent reveals was something I wanted. Hopefully January sees some more MCU and Spider-Man stuff shown off. 

At least you'll have more money for when they do reveal something you want

• 2 weeks later...