Marvel Legends Adult Franklin Richards And Turg Figure Revealed

JayC

Yessss, finally you're speaking my language. The have lost their minds and they're unapologetic about it. This is one of those moments, like that ridiculous Engine of Derangement Haslab project where we have to dig our heels in and just resist. Of course, that's easy for me to say. I'm not a fan of most of the Gamerverse madness nor the massive excess of Spider-Anything product, but I know it looks cool and it's probably pretty tempting to many fans, but if we can absolutely do without this thing I hope we can make a point. As I've said more than a few times here, if we validate this type of crap from Hasbro it indicates our consent and it only emboldens them to do it again and to constantly keep on raising the bar. Let's stand strong and hand Hasbro another L with this one.

On 1/18/2023 at 2:32 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

So I've noticed the massive outrage in the US over the price of Video Game Spidey, funny enough this is normal prices for us Canadians so I kinda don't sympathize, do you want it? or not? it is what it is, but on the more funny note this figure is actually the same price here in Canada, I saw an E-tailer selling it for 34.99, and another at 35.99. I would have expected it to be like 47 bucks in Canada.

either way don't care, not getting it, but I just thought it was odd it's like 36 bucks in the US and 35 in Canada.

Yeah, for some reason it is only 36$ CDN at Gamestop a normal pricetag here. I have no intention of buying this figure but this business practice by Hasbro charging more for less for a popular character is disgusting. I hope Hasbro hears your complaints and changes the price to match it in CDN.

I just want to say if you are one of the people that are DMing Dan and Ryan's twitter accounts with abuse, Get a life. Yes you have the right to complain about the prices but you do not have the right to abuse people that don't decide the price and have very little choice in the matter. It would be like giving out to a store working for their bosses, raising the price of milk. 

On 1/19/2023 at 2:39 PM, tarot said:

I just want to say if you are one of the people that are DMing Dan and Ryan's twitter accounts with abuse, Get a life. Yes you have the right to complain about the prices but you do not have the right to abuse people that don't decide the price and have very little choice in the matter. It would be like giving out to a store working for their bosses, raising the price of milk. 

This is a valid point. Though I do have some problems with the way that both of them have taken shots at the fandom at times they are really just the isht filters the company has put out there to try to push the products. They do get a lot of gruff, and some of it is well deserved as they are the ambassadors Hasbro has elected to interact with the public and (try to) answer some of the questions on behalf of the company, but they really have zero to none influence on pricing. That all comes down from the greedy pigs at the top. Criticism is fine and many of us use platforms like this to share them, and we know they see it, but being rude and profane and mean is something they don't deserve. A message can be made without having to belittle them.

On the other side, other than a mass email address, there really is no way to get in contact or even know who to contact to get the message to the real villains here, the suits, and these guys knew they were the faces of the line and had to know backlash was coming. It isn't the first time, it won't be the last, and if it's really that bad they don't have to stay in that position if they didn't want to. They've often eluded to the fact that most criticisms more or less roll of their backs anymore anyway so something tells me they'll stay put just where they are.

Thirdly, all I see is support on his feed. And while it's all good that people are standing behind these guys, you would think if they were getting harassed all that bad you'd see at least some mild criticism on the feed and not just in his DM's? I don't see anything even claiming he's being harassed, unless he deleted it, but then why would he? All he seems to be saying is he appreciates the fans and is aware of the issues we might have with what's going on, which is actually a class move.

On 1/19/2023 at 1:21 PM, SpiderS said:

Poor Dan, he's getting anger aimed at Hasbro for something he has no agency over, those fans who attack him suck, Hasbro should raise his salary for all the #$## he gets.

He and the others set themselves up as their public face, so its one of the unfortunate parts of the job. They take their bows when a figure/project turns out particularly well done, even if they themselves have actually little to do with making it, so this is the flip side. Frankly I can't understand the mentality of trolls people who go after these guys, because its a waste of time. 

Having said that, hasbo is in danger of losing the consumers who rocketed them to the top earnings they've achieved. They've gone from making boneheaded blunders, to now what seems like actively ignoring their base, and insulting their intelligence. The underproduction, the poor distribution, the price hikes-the fans have put up with a lot. But theyre reaching their end with hasbro. They've enjoyed  a safety net of loyal, wide-eyed apologists (and I think a lot of them truly mean well) who will always rush to their aid on social media platforms like this, but that net is tearing. Prices are rising and rising and rising, but the customer experience is sinking and to be sure, the quality of the line isn't keeping pace with the costs. The decisions make no sense. 

Just compare the excellence of the upcoming Spiral figure and its price, to this standard figure for their Sony Spidey.  Holy head scratcher, Batman!

On 1/19/2023 at 4:29 PM, Atlantis said:

He and the others set themselves up as their public face, so its one of the unfortunate parts of the job. They take their bows when a figure/project turns out particularly well done, even if they themselves have actually little to do with making it, so this is the flip side. Frankly I can't understand the mentality of trolls people who go after these guys, because its a waste of time. 

Having said that, hasbo is in danger of losing the consumers who rocketed them to the top earnings they've achieved. They've gone from making boneheaded blunders, to now what seems like actively ignoring their base, and insulting their intelligence. The underproduction, the poor distribution, the price hikes-the fans have put up with a lot. But theyre reaching their end with hasbro. They've enjoyed  a safety net of loyal, wide-eyed apologists (and I think a lot of them truly mean well) who will always rush to their aid on social media platforms like this, but that net is tearing. Prices are rising and rising and rising, but the customer experience is sinking and to be sure, the quality of the line isn't keeping pace with the costs. The decisions make no sense. 

Just compare the excellence of the upcoming Spiral figure and its price, to this standard figure for their Sony Spidey.  Holy head scratcher, Batman!

I still feel like Hasbro gets more right than they get wrong, but I agree there are some weird things they have gotten wrong that would have been easy to get right had they just been been more respectful of the needs of their base. I only have about 25 characters that are absolute must-haves, so walking away from the hobby would not be too hard to do. Sad to have to think about that though (been collecting for 25 years now).

As Ultra Magnus would say: Consistency is victory.

It is a shame Hasbro can't adhere to that motto. While I probably will be getting the Gamerverse Spidey, it still makes no sense why he can only come with one of each hand, when other Spideys can have pairs. Why do figures of one character come with more stuff than others of the same figure? Hasbro need to up their game and make sure we are getting value for money and that requires that all figures get the same care and attention that they deserve.

On 1/19/2023 at 6:29 PM, Atlantis said:

Well said. They love taking the victory laps, but hate taking the penalty strokes. It just comes with the territory. Thus is the life of the sales team.

I think in the end it's up to us to speak with our dollars.

On 1/19/2023 at 11:46 PM, super-chillin said:

dan mentioned there’ll be a few more reveals this month so hopefully whatever’s next will turn over some excitement. i know i could use some after this ordeal

I'd expect any additional reveals would have to be movie or tv based. Quantumania is only like 3 weeks away from being in theaters. ITSV2 basic figures are already out and images of the Legends have been leaked so they could be revealed any time. GOTG3, Marvels and the next Disney+ wave are probably not too far behind those. I think it will likely be a while before they reveal any more comic figures with the Spidey comic wave and the Hyperion/Dr. Spectrum 2-pack being the next of those that are likely to be revealed. I'm expecting those reveals to be a couple of months off yet.

In regards the Teen Franklin and Valeria Richards 2 Pack: Count me in the group that would of preferred more Kid verisons than Teens.  Having said that, nothing wrong with Teens, just would of preferred kids(Watch, about 2 years from now, they do the kids version, and it will be a Convention Exclusive of sorts, with the rest of the Fantastic 4 and Dr. Doom).  If my funds for this year warrant it, I'll strongly consider this 2 Pack.

I haven't followed the comics for a long time, but I could of swore that within the last decade I guess, there have been some Time Travelling or alternate dimensions of the Teen/Adult versions of the characters arriving at Modern times, sometimes interacting with their younger counterparts, other times interacting with the 4 or even Dr. Doom.  I think 1 comic had Adult Franklin interacting with his younger self and warning him of something, telling him not to tell his parents that it is him, just before Sue came in thinking that Adult Franklin was a treat, ready to protect her younger son.  And I think there was another comic(I think during the Future Foundation era), where Doom was saying that he pretty much was about to become a god of some sort on an alien planet/dimension, only to say that it was beneath him, as a teen/adult Valeria gave her Doom(Who I believe sees Doom as her uncle) a peck cheek(Well, cheek part of the faceplate, but you get the idea). 

You can always say that this 2 pack are 1 of those time travelling versions of the characters if you are having a hard time putting them in your collection.  Another consideration is that while maybe not the right costumes, but I suppose they could also work as MC2(The world of May Day Parker as Spider-Girl) versions of the characters as well(Though I don't know if in the Spider-Girl universe/timeline, if they were still in their teens or early adults).  

For those who provided explination on Franklin's black hair: Thank you for explaining it.  I would of been puzzled as to why he had Black Hair instead of Blonde.  Having said that, regardless if it's Comic Accurate or not, I think Hasbro should of still included a Blonde Hair Swapping Head, for those who want a more, I guess, "Proper" Teen Franklin Richards(If that makes sense to anyone). 

If I get this 2 Pack(My toy funds this year so far are not going to be as good as it used to be due to person issues in life), if down the road, I find a loose Franklin or even just the head on it's own at at good price, get the loose figure/head and just paint the hair yellow.

• 2 months later...

These 2 look great IMO, while I would have rathered them younger in their more casual fits, this is still a nice 2 pack, since they are new characters we don't have yet I am def getting this

also is that something new for a Female buck? Val seems to have hinges at her shoulders, don't remember ever seeing that before.