Animated Series Spectacular Spider-Man Confirmed For Across The Spider-Verse - Should Hasbro Do A Marvel Legends Figure Of Him?

JayC

Arguably one of the better Spider-Man animated series to make it's way to our TV's was the 2008 Spectacular Spider-Man series which originally aired on the Kids WB on the CW network. The show lasted for 2 seasons and followed Peter Parker during his time in high school.

Well Spider-Man: Across The Spider-Verse Writer/producer Phil Lord recently confirmed on Twitter that this version of Spider-Man will be making an appearance in the upcoming movie from Sony. This of course has made many fans of the show very happy and that makes us wonder if Hasbro might one day bring us this version of Spider-Man to Marvel Legends.

Hasbro is definitely bringing us a wave of Marvel Legends figures from the movie which we saw leak out the other week. Spectacular Spider-Man is not among those figures currently being released but that doesn't mean he couldn't get a release down the road.

The Spider-Verse figures Hasbro are doing for the new movie have been done in a animated style to match the movie which is different from the style of most Marvel Legends figures. This choice by Hasbro has brought some criticism from certain fans. The Spectacular Spider-Man series also had it's own very unique animation style. If Hasbro were to ever do a Spectacular Spider-Man Marvel Legends figure, should they do it so it looks like the animated style it's based on? Let us know your thoughts on this below in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Spectacular-Spider-Man.jpg

I'm sure many people who be happy to see this, I'd personally not care, this version of Spidey does nothing for me, and it would be yet again another Spider-Man, we literally saw 10 spider-men last year, or maybe more, sure it was his 60th birthday but god forbid calm down Hasbro, we need a break, at least I do, in having to see more Spider-Mans, which mostly were various versions of the same suits, and we know next year we will see VHS spidey stuff and NWH stuff, I know Spider-Man fly off the shelves because apparently nothing sells better then another Spider-Man, but let's make spider-man special again, remember when the Pizza Spidey was the most sought after spidey because there wasn't a better one? now you can throw a limp noodle into a target and hit 3 spideys.

On 12/21/2022 at 9:55 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'm sure many people who be happy to see this, I'd personally not care, this version of Spidey does nothing for me, and it would be yet again another Spider-Man, we literally saw 10 spider-men last year, or maybe more, sure it was his 60th birthday but god forbid calm down Hasbro, we need a break, at least I do, in having to see more Spider-Mans, which mostly were various versions of the same suits, and we know next year we will see VHS spidey stuff and NWH stuff, I know Spider-Man fly off the shelves because apparently nothing sells better then another Spider-Man, but let's make spider-man special again, remember when the Pizza Spidey was the most sought after spidey because there wasn't a better one? now you can throw a limp noodle into a target and hit 3 spideys.

That's the way it should be though. Nowadays, not only can everyone get a Spider-Man if they want one, but they can also choose the one they like best, whether that's First Appearance, Retro, RYV, Amazing Friends, etc. Spider-Man and the other most popular heroes should always have at least a couple different versions available all the time.

On 12/21/2022 at 12:09 PM, Ironspider428 said:

That's the way it should be though. Nowadays, not only can everyone get a Spider-Man if they want one, but they can also choose the one they like best, whether that's First Appearance, Retro, RYV, Amazing Friends, etc. Spider-Man and the other most popular heroes should always have at least a couple different versions available all the time.

Yeah sure it's great in terms of that, everyone can have a spidey, instead of people scalping the retro spidey for 100+, I'm cool with Spidey being there for people, but I just personally think we have been Spider Man overloaded, but that's me, plenty of characters need love as well and when the budget for the year consists of 10+ different spider men we don't get say Marrina or Mandarin.

I just personally think we need to see some cool down on the many spider men because at this point, they won't have a anymore to make, it's going to be police officer spider man in like a years time.

I'm indifferent to Hasbro doing Animated figures, but if they do these, then yes, I'd prefer they were their own thing and not in the mainline. As far as making show characters in the regular ML style, no; there's still so many classic characters that need their due. Reinterpretation is something for when they're out of ideas and out of characters.

On 12/21/2022 at 12:07 PM, SpiderS said:

I suppose we get Spectacular in part 1 and Part 2 will introduce  90s Spidey. As for figures, Hasbro made a handful of Spectacular Spider-Man toys including well-articulated one, it just isn't pinless.

spacer.png

First of all, those weren't Marvel Legends scale and second of all they're not in production anymore and thus difficult to get at this point. I'd want a new line of them hands down.