3.MCU Hawkeye

4. Comic Black Panther

5. Comic Gorr

6 MCU She Hulk

7. Bonebreaker

8. Quake

9. Retro Lizard

10. MCU Namor

Honorable mentions to Human Fly. Amazing Fantasy Spidey. And Speedball- the figure I posed/played with the most. He needed splayed hands not fists, that's my gripe.

That's a hard top 5 list to follow, but there was so much product out this year a hundred people can come out with a hundred completely different lists.

1. U.S. Agent - as a fellow admirer of this character I share in @JayC's happiness that this long awaited redo finally got done. 

2. Mojo (box set) - I was very skeptical that Hasbro could outdo TB, but they did and they did it even more accurate(er), though the paint deco was still a bit lacking.

3. Iron Man (Controller wave) - this is just the definitive more modern IM that I've been waiting for since the superb, yet undersized, Bleeding Edge IM from the Epic Heroes days.

4. Venom (Life Foundation) - Holy hell, this was absolutely the best representation of Brock Venom and the one we were all waiting for.

5. Spiral - everything I said about U.S. Agent except even more unexpected. Just beautiful.

0. Galactus - It hadda be on the list, though I somehow feel this is just automatic and just transcended the list entirely. The price tags was steep and it's a fair argument to question if it was worth it, and the answer, to me, lies in whether it was within your budget. Plain and simple.

I kinda felt like Galactus transcended the list. But I do think Morg was the standout figure of the three extras.

I had announced that I would not be buying another Iron Man, to a hearty eye roll from my wife. I finally got him a few weeks ago, on sale, and yes that armor is really good. Super posable, and love that current look.

Agree with you on the MOJO set. I canceled in anger, only to reorder it a week or two later. Actually I think it was a comment you, Monron,  said about keeping your order that swayed me. It is really nice. So thanks.

There is just so much good this year. We all complain alot, but we get soo much cool schtuff from the Hasbro team. My Black series collecting friend is alway Jealous. "You Legends guys get all the good stuff." 

Great choices everyone! I'd list others, but went for just the ones presently in my collection:

1. Firelord! This one surprised me a bit. I was not happy about his size and side-swept hair, but in person, I find he's ablaze with glory! Love it! 38 years of waiting also does wonders for casting aside nitpicks.

2. Doctor Strange (Walmart/ Classic version)! Again, I was cranky about some aspects of it, but, seeing him on the shelf looking ...'magical' (ehhh, sorry, lol)...He's one of the crown Jewels of my collection and a total show stealer.

3. 20th. Anniversary Cap! I almost didn't get this figure, as the 80th has suited me just fine. But those Kirby'esque colours, and the Reb Brown portrait have made this a gem in my collection! 

4. Excalibur Three Pack! I got this entirely for Captain Britain, and was not disappointed! Another major check off the bucket list, and Meggan and Kitty are also great figures!

5. Fantastic Four Classics/Retro Thing! The John Byrne face sculpt, and that he's just so big, so bright and orange and 'Thingy' I just cannot take my eyes off of him. Easily my fav version of him.

Really looking forward to this new year man! Ronan is already my #1 for the new year though, lol.

This is hard. There was so many great figures this year that it make it hard to decide 5. I also think Galactus and his group should be excluded so hear is mine.

1. Spiral - Absolutely gorgeous figure.
  2. RYV Spidey - This is THE Spider-man figure. 
  3. Gorr - Never thought we would get this.
  4. Toad - Been wanting a update of this for year, especially after paying 100 at the time for the shitty TB version
  5. Mojo- Hasbro again beats TB for this.

I love reading everybody's lists!

Here are mine:

1) HasLab Galactus, 2) 20th Captain America, 3) Herald Thor, 4) Walmart Retro Lizard and 5) Capcom Iron Man. HM: Walmart classic Dr. Strange, Firelord, Renew Your Vows Spider-Man, Retro Symbiote Spider-Man and Winged Venom.

I don't have Spiral yet so didn't include her. I got an email from BBTS saying that she and that whole X-Men retro wave (save Dark Phoenix) are expected to process soon - but either way I won't have her this year.

Legends continues to my favorite and primary line and I hope it continues on for years to come!

On 12/31/2022 at 3:05 PM, Air-Walker said:

Great choices everyone! I'd list others, but went for just the ones presently in my collection:

1. Firelord! This one surprised me a bit. I was not happy about his size and side-swept hair, but in person, I find he's ablaze with glory! Love it! 38 years of waiting also does wonders for casting aside nitpicks.

2. Doctor Strange (Walmart/ Classic version)! Again, I was cranky about some aspects of it, but, seeing him on the shelf looking ...'magical' (ehhh, sorry, lol)...He's one of the crown Jewels of my collection and a total show stealer.

3. 20th. Anniversary Cap! I almost didn't get this figure, as the 80th has suited me just fine. But those Kirby'esque colours, and the Reb Brown portrait have made this a gem in my collection! 

4. Excalibur Three Pack! I got this entirely for Captain Britain, and was not disappointed! Another major check off the bucket list, and Meggan and Kitty are also great figures!

5. Fantastic Four Classics/Retro Thing! The John Byrne face sculpt, and that he's just so big, so bright and orange and 'Thingy' I just cannot take my eyes off of him. Easily my fav version of him.

Really looking forward to this new year man! Ronan is already my #1 for the new year though, lol.

Yeah, Ronan is my most anticipated figure of 2023 too, followed by Blob! I forgot about the Excalibur set (I have a connection in the UK, so I get some sets early, and I thought that was one of them). Firelord almost made my list too (that one was much better than I expected)!

Nice.
Aside from Galactus, because I feel he’s a FOTY in his own right, my top 10 would have to be:
#10. Razorback. Imagined bigger butstill apleasant surprise.
#9. Retro Modular Iron Man. Nostalgia AF.
#8. Mojo. Wasn’t really wow’d until I got him but really is an impressive update.
#7. Amazing Friends Spider-Man. Body, deco, great. Not as small as I understood.
#6. Shocker. Despite having to finish the deco myself, such a much needed classic.
#5. Baron Zemo. This was my #1 wanted villain/costume after the MODOK update.
#4. Retro Symbiote Spider-Man. Toyed around with him more than any other, I think.
#3 Spiral. Amazeballs.
#2 Lizard. The OG head piece was a dream come true. Masterpiece!
#1 Captain ‘Merica all the way. I mean.. finally, man..geez. Falcon’s turn!

Only one I haven’t acquired yet from this 10 is Spiral but all of these were easily some high priorities in my mental log (yes, even Razorback 😄 ). But anyway, Happy New Year to you all and here’s hoping more of your/our ML wishes come to pass within the next 365 🍻  

I wanted to celebrate Top 5/10 Legends, but so many of them fell short, and I couldn't buy them as heartily as I would have liked. Dr. Strange, can't get past that glued on cloak or his emblem. Firelord! Almost perfect- but then they made him Spider-Man/Shang-Chi height...argh!

Honorable mention to Elektra in white, latest Ross Iron Man and Retro Iron Man with cannon. Didn't include figures that havent been released yet like Spiral.

But the ones I thought were really on-point:

#5. Captain America 20th Anniversary- (I thought it was over-priced and should've had a normal shield; gf bought it for me anyway. Putting those points aside, it really is a great figure and is now for me the best Captain America figure hasbro's done

#4. Black Panther- (first appearance MCU Attuma wave) great use of the new Vulcan mold; I thought they'd put DD on this one too. Black Panther looks sleek, powerful, just as he should.

#3. The Lizard- almost my number 1! Again, I feel it was overpriced, but I pulled the trigger on this one myself. The figure really captures the Lizard's early, classic look and also looks like the one from the first Spider-Man cartoon. The bendy wire tail was a nice touch too. 

#2. Spider-Man- (2 pack Spinneret)- absolutely no interest in the Spinnerete figure here but it wasn't bad enough to keep me from passing on yet another Spidey. But wonderful surprise here for me- its a great figure. Two very well done, accurate figures in one box!! Spider-Man is just in in his glory here. Can't say enough about how well he turned out. He was the draw here for me but Spinneret is the female figure mold we should have been getting all along. 

#1. Havoc-classic, all black, Mardi Gras head dress (should have been white instead of gray) with jewel...they nailed it. Simple, black full-body leotard, but we know how hasbro can go in some weird directions when they want to. The topper here of course, is his plasma blast effect, which just knocks it out of the park. Also, see how slender he is compared to the Black Panther, who's also in nearly all black. Havok is tall but about 175lbs compared to T'Challa's thicker, heavier build. Just well done all around.

1) Spiral (Absolutely perfect figure. No notes).

2) TAS Apocalypse (Those colours really POP).

3) Meggan (I have 2. Don't ask LOL).

4) Beast (Happy to finally get an amazing Beast headsculpt. Hated that Caliban wave head).

5) Longshot (Got the single release but might also pick up the Boxed set if the price goes down at EB stores).

Funnily enough 4 out of these five (only Meggan) are still boxed. I still have Mojo, Toad, Sabretooth, etc. boxed. Not to mention that I don't even have all the figures for Bonebreaker purchased yet.

So this list might change once I see those out of the box. But right now, even with these above in box, they are a thing of beauty. The Vintage packaging is *chef's kiss.*

• 11 months later...
On 1/2/2023 at 10:46 AM, Atlantis said:

I wanted to celebrate Top 5/10 Legends, but so many of them fell short, and I couldn't buy them as heartily as I would have liked. Dr. Strange, can't get past that glued on cloak or his emblem. Firelord! Almost perfect- but then they made him Spider-Man/Shang-Chi height...argh!

Honorable mention to Elektra in white, latest Ross Iron Man and Retro Iron Man with cannon. Didn't include figures that havent been released yet like Spiral.

But the ones I thought were really on-point:

#5. Captain America 20th Anniversary- (I thought it was over-priced and should've had a normal shield; gf bought it for me anyway. Putting those points aside, it really is a great figure and is now for me the best Captain America figure hasbro's done

#4. Black Panther- (first appearance MCU Attuma wave) great use of the new Vulcan mold; I thought they'd put DD on this one too. Black Panther looks sleek, powerful, just as he should.

#3. The Lizard- almost my number 1! Again, I feel it was overpriced, but I pulled the trigger on this one myself. The figure really captures the Lizard's early, classic look and also looks like the one from the first Spider-Man cartoon. The bendy wire tail was a nice touch too. 

#2. Spider-Man- (2 pack Spinneret)- absolutely no interest in the Spinnerete figure here but it wasn't bad enough to keep me from passing on yet another Spidey. But wonderful surprise here for me- its a great figure. Two very well done, accurate figures in one box!! Spider-Man is just in in his glory here. Can't say enough about how well he turned out. He was the draw here for me but Spinneret is the female figure mold we should have been getting all along. 

#1. Havoc-classic, all black, Mardi Gras head dress (should have been white instead of gray) with jewel...they nailed it. Simple, black full-body leotard, but we know how hasbro can go in some weird directions when they want to. The topper here of course, is his plasma blast effect, which just knocks it out of the park. Also, see how slender he is compared to the Black Panther, who's also in nearly all black. Havok is tall but about 175lbs compared to T'Challa's thicker, heavier build. Just well done all around.

Last year when this list came out, I couldn't include Spiral, as she had not been released yet. Without a doubt though she would have been THE number one for me