MCU's Hawkeye Jeremy Renner In Critical But Stable Condition After Snow Plow Accident

JayC

The THR is reporting that actor Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) is in the hospital and in critical but stable condition after some kind of snow plow accident that took place on Sunday (01/01). Renner was said to be the only involved party in the accident but not a lot of details have been made available at this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Last month we had told you how MCU Hawkeye actor Jeremy Renner had been hospitalized after a snow plow accident. Well in the latest update from the actor on Instagram he is finally home and beginning the recovery process. He says that he broke over 30 bones in the accident. We wish him a speedy recovery.

See his post here - https://www.instagram.com/p/CnroWavLUqa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

On 1/21/2023 at 2:02 PM, Jormungand said:

I heard on the news his entire right chest and rib cage were collapsed and they had to do reconstructive surgery, the first of many I'm sure.

I don't think he would have been released from the hospital that quick if his entire right chest and rib cage collapsed and reconstructive surgery was performed.

Renner did post and say it was over 30-plus bones. and he looks pretty good from the images.

On 1/21/2023 at 3:23 PM, super-chillin said:

yikes God bless that man. until there is an actual story about how this happened, i can only assume that there was an eclipse that caused the snow plow to go into maximum overdrive.

Technically there is. This is what the Washoe Sherriff's department said in a statement:

“Mr. Renner went to retrieve his PistenBully, or snowcat — an extremely large piece of snow-removal equipment weighing at least 14,330 pounds — in an effort to get his vehicle moving,” Balaam said at the time, noting the Hawkeye alum was helping a family member get a “stuck” car out of a snowbank. “After successfully towing his personal vehicle from its stuck location, Mr. Renner got out of his PistenBully to speak to his family member.”

He continued: “At this point, it is observed that the PistenBully started to roll. In an effort to stop the rolling PistenBully, Mr. Renner attempts to get back into the driver's seat of the PistenBully. Based on our investigation, it's at this point that Mr. Renner is run over by the PistenBully. … The investigation is ongoing, however, we do not suspect any foul play. I'll repeat that: We do not suspect any foul play. We believe this was a tragic accident.”

Anyway, I'm glad that every update since the accident has been a positive one.