Marvel Legends Retro Collection Spiral Video Review And Images

Outsiders

BlueComet takes a look at the Marvel Legends Retro Collection Spiral from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_19.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_20.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_21.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_22.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_23.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Spiral_By_Bluecomet_24.jpg

This is such a great figure, a real testament to when Hasbro wants to really give it a good go they can make something really awesome, nothing about this figure is unlikable (IMO), now not on topic but on the topic of multiple arms, they could really make a great update to Doppelganger and Six Arm Spidey using the tooling techniques they applied to this figure.

I mistakenly thought this was a modified Moonstone mold due to the thighs but standing next to that Satana it's clearly a different mold. Hopefully they can convert this mold to be put in rotation of female bucks, it is truly stunning. It's both amazing and disheartening when Hasbro shows you what they're capable of, yet to realize 90 percent of what they do is just mailed in. Unless it's MCU or Disney+ related, of course. This is, most definitely the standout in this wave. It's a surprisingly well done figure for it's time, done even better. Hopefully they can do a similar makeover to She-Hulk from the Blob series, which was similarly well done for it's time, yet in need of an update.

On 1/6/2023 at 7:33 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

not on topic but on the topic of multiple arms, they could really make a great update to Doppelganger and Six Arm Spidey using the tooling techniques they applied to this figure.

I've always felt those figures were little more than filler figures for their waves. They were just so cheesy and so poorly executed, especially as they were done on an old movie buck. They can uphold their tendency of not doing straight redos of single characters by doing those two characters in a multi pack using this newly discovered technology. Jack Parsons, eat your heart out

One of the very few figures I'm looking forward to. I could gush over how well its done, but this is really what they're supposed to be doing anyway- making the figure in the iconic look it should be in. Great example of how they can do it when they choose to. Cant get here soon enough!

On 1/7/2023 at 9:07 PM, Atlantis said:

One of the very few figures I'm looking forward to. I could gush over how well its done, but this is really what they're supposed to be doing anyway- making the figure in the iconic look it should be in. Great example of how they can do it when they choose to. Cant get here soon enough!

Thanks. It was a comic book figure given the MCU treatment. The costume of Spiral is given sculpted details so it's not a person in body paint. Hasbro typically paint over generic body molds for comic figures, this was an exception. Really well done.

On 1/7/2023 at 6:37 PM, monron999 said:

I mistakenly thought this was a modified Moonstone mold due to the thighs but standing next to that Satana it's clearly a different mold. Hopefully they can convert this mold to be put in rotation of female bucks, it is truly stunning. It's both amazing and disheartening when Hasbro shows you what they're capable of, yet to realize 90 percent of what they do is just mailed in. Unless it's MCU or Disney+ related, of course. This is, most definitely the standout in this wave. It's a surprisingly well done figure for it's time, done even better. Hopefully they can do a similar makeover to She-Hulk from the Blob series, which was similarly well done for it's time, yet in need of an update.

Thanks, it was great for once Hasbro did the right thing. But as expected, the other figures in the wave have to take a hit. Multiple man is on an old body mold with pins. Avalanche with pins and missing angry head. Wolverine with those cheap thin claws. Longshot and Phoenix came with their old headsculpts just painted differently. Well it is what it is, thankfully Spiral turned out great.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:33 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

This is such a great figure, a real testament to when Hasbro wants to really give it a good go they can make something really awesome, nothing about this figure is unlikable (IMO), now not on topic but on the topic of multiple arms, they could really make a great update to Doppelganger and Six Arm Spidey using the tooling techniques they applied to this figure.

Agree, the Toybiz one still holds ok. It would look bad if Hasbro can't beat that.

On 1/7/2023 at 1:06 PM, Bluecomet said:

Thanks. It was a comic book figure given the MCU treatment. The costume of Spiral is given sculpted details so it's not a person in body paint. Hasbro typically paint over generic body molds for comic figures, this was an exception. Really well done.

Actually I don't have a problem with them painting over generic body molds; certain characters like Dr. Spectrum and the Eel, for example, are basically interchangeable- as long as they're done right. And too often they don't do it right. That's what frustrates me the most about hasbo, the lack of accuracy, pride in the work. If they can't handle something as basic as scale and correct costumes, how can they do more complex figures, and figures that really have no re-usability factor? So yeah I'm blown away at how good Spiral looks. Also! Its a regularly priced figure....I thought for sure this would be their "deluxe" price point. Once I have the figure in hand I'll be able to really tell, but so far....this thing looks like comic perfection.