Hasbro Marvel Legends For 2023 - What We Know, What We Think We Know And What We Kinda Know

JayC

With 2023 upon us I thought now was a good time to recap everything we know is coming this year for Marvel Legends and what we think we know but not yet officially confirmed by Hasbro.

What we know is coming in 2023:

Hasbro's first Avengers comic wave of the year includes Extremis Iron Man, Classic Orb, Molecule Man, Ultimate Captain America, Yelana Belova Black Widow, Wonder Man and Baron Von Strucker. The Build-A-Figure for the wave is Puff Adder from the Serpent Society..

Fan-Channel Exclusive Modern Moon Knight reissue.

Hasbro's first X-Men comic wave of the year includes Astonishing Cyclops, Astonishing Emma Frost, Corsair, Kid Omega, Monet, Chamber and Fang. We don't yet know what the Build-A-Figure for this wave is but should find out next week on January 10 when it goes up for pre-order everywhere including at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Hasbro in their last live-stream told us another Starjammer character besides Cosair was coming this year and they teased an accessory of Cr'reee which makes us think a Ch'od figure is coming, possibly as the BAF for the X-Men wave. Again we should find out for sure if this is the case next week.

X-Men 60th Anniversary Villains Marvel Legends 5-Pack with Stryfe, Pretty Boy (Reaver), Random, Zero and Vertigo.

Marvel Legends X-Men 60th Anniversary Yellow And Blue 3-Packs featuring (Forge, Jubilee, Storm) and (Banshee, Gambit, Psylock) .

Marvel Legends X-Men 60th Anniversary Deluxe Blob.

Marvel Legends X-Men 60th Anniversary Outback Rogue.

The Avengers wave, Modern Moon Knight and the X-Men 60th Anniversary items are all available for pre-order now at places like our sposnors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Marvel Legends Comic based Ronan the Accuser which is an Amazon exclusive is also available for pre-order.

Marvel Legends 3.75" Retro Wave 8 features Classic Spider-Woman, Classic Luke Cage and Dr. Doom. This wave will go up for pre-order on January 18.

Hasbro in their last live-stream announced a Spider-Man Retro Cardback Kraven The Hunter figure that will be released as a Walmart exclusive likely to go up for pre-order during Walmart's next Collector-Con event. There is also the comic based Classic Star-Lord that went up for pre-order on the Walmart website last October.

Hasbro also announced a Gamerverse Spider-Man from the new Playstation game with Miles and Venom. This will be released as a Fan-Channel exclusive.

Hasbro also in their last live-stream teased a golf club and rose accessory. At this time we do not know what figure or figures those are for.

Marvel Legends Across The Spider-Verse movie wave with Miles Morales, Peter B. Parker, Spider-Gwen, The Spot, Spider-Punk, Jessica Drew and Spider-Man 2099. These have not yet been officially revealed by Hasbro but we saw in-hand images for them leak out last month. These figures are being done in an animation style to match the movie and have their own unique movie cardbacks. There is no Build-A-Figure for this wave. We do not yet know when the figures will be officially announced or released. The movie which was originally slatted for release last year opens in theaters on June 2nd, 2023.

Hasbro last month showed us a new Franklin Richards figure that likely will be part of a two-pack with his sister Valeria Richards.

So that is it for what we know for sure at this point. Now for what we think we know but not yet officially confirmed by Hasbro.

For the sake of giving credit where credit is due, the information below was originally reported by the YouTuber Rektangular back in September of last year. This info comes from distributor lists, some of which Hasbro has since officially confirmed as some I have also independently confirmed for myself. Being these are listings put out well before the products are released some things can change as the year goes on. Until HASBRO officially confirms these we will continue to treat these as RUMORS.

What we think we know is coming in 2023

Spider-Man Comic Wave
-Ben Reilly Spider-Man
-Spider-woman
-Elektra Daredevil
-The Rose
-Miles Morales New Suit
-Tarantula
-Chasm
- BAF Unkown

Avengers 60th Anniversary
-Black Knight and Sersi
-Target Exclusive Black Widow
-Walmart Exclusive Bucky Cap
-Hawkeye and Sky Cycle
-Hulk and Bruce Banner
-Iron Man MK I (first Appearance)
-Captain Marvel and Dr. Doom
-Skrull Queen (Veranke?) and Super-Skrull
-Super-Adaptoid 12″
-Thor and the Destroyer

Spider-Man: No Way Home Wave
-Tobey
-Andrew
-Tom
-Matt Murdock
-MJ
-Sandman
-Green Goblin
- BAF Unknown

- Spider-Man No Way Home Deluxe Doc Ock - Hasbro has made hints to this one in regards to bendy wire.

Disney + Wave 5
- Gamora (What If?) - Confirmed during Pulse-Con last year
- Kingpin (Hawkeye Series)
- Yelena (Hawkeye Series)
- Agatha Harkness (Wanda Vision/Agatha)
- Nick Fury (Secret Invasion)
- Talos (Secret Invasion)
- Unknown Figure
- BAF Unknown

Fan Channel Exclusives
- Avengers 2-Pack Hyperion and Dr. Spectrum
- Bradley Captain America (Originally was going to be released last year as part of the 20th Anniversary subline)

Best of MCU
-Civil War Iron Man
-Civil War Spider-man
-Stealth Cap
-Iron Man MK 2
-Thor Dark World
-Nick Fury
-Winter Soldier Black Widow
-Unknown hero
-BAF Unknown

There will also be MCU waves for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3., The Marvels and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania. We aren't revealing those here right now due the spoiler nature of them.

What we kinda know for 2023:

Other rumored figures that might be store exclusives:
- Spider-verse Peni Parker and SP//DR
- Deluxe Shuma Gorath
- Spider-Slayer set

There were indications that we were supposed to get a Spider-verse Peni Parker and SP//DR set last year for Spider-Man's 60th Anniversary. It's possible that has now become a Target exclusive. We've seen listings for a "Marvel Spider-Man Legends Deluxe Target Exclusive" figure priced at $58.99. The DPCI# is 087-26-0127.

The Shuma Gorath was originally reported as a SDCC exclusive for last year but never materialized so I have my doubts we will see that one and I have no additional confirmations for the Spider-Slayer set however there are two unknown listings on overseas Amazon websites here and here for what appear to be more exclusives.

So there you have it, what we know and think we know for 2023 so far. There will be no Marvel Legends live-streams this month, but my guess is we will get one in February. Until then look for that X-Men wave, 3.75" wave and two fan-channel exclusives to go up for pre-order in January.

Marvel-Legends-2023-01.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-02.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-03.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-04.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-05.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-06.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-07.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-08.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-09.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-2023-17.jpg

Sweet! Man, that 60th Avengers wave has been trembling with giddyness! And again, Ronan is the cherry on top! I really hope that Hyperion and Dr Spectrum two pack has them more classicly outfitted, as I missed the first Hyperion and have not wanted to go to organ-donating prices on ebay. 

Thor and the Destroyer though.....Could this be the 80s Armored Thor??? Oh please let that be so!!! 

Still hoping the last unrevealed figure in the Disney+ wave is yellow suit Daredevil.

Assuming the BAF of the No Way Home wave is the Lizard, then that would leave Electro as the only missing villain. Hopefully he's still in the cards.

I was bummed the rumored Shuma-Gorath never materialized. Last year would've been the perfect opportunity and we know someone on the Legends team is a Marvel vs. Capcom fan.

Well, you pretty much summed it up in one swoop. As for now, even the most probable are little more than speculation. I for one, don't think Ch'od is the BAF. I think he's part of a 2 pack involving another member of the Jammers, perhaps Hepzibah. Possibly as one of the Amazon exclusives. The golf club, I guarantee, belongs to Justin Hammer, the rose belongs to The Rose, and that Spiderverse wave is still ugly as isht. Initially, most of the leaks were very appealing but after the shock value wore off and it's clear that after the Avengers Wave and the X-Men wave most of the comic goodness will be done as deluxe and multi-packs and special editions or exclusives, while the bulk of the budget will go towards movie and Disney+ drab designs that have become the norm since Eternals. Looks like, after the massive FU to the fans that was the Engine Of Failure, there's no Ghost Rider product to be found during the 50 year anniversary of GR. Hasbro seems to be the place where opportunities go to be lost. Looking forward to Black Knight and Sersi, Bucky Cap and Isaiah Bradley and the long awaited Destroyer. The rest will be on a wait and see list for me.

Really curious when we'll see the MCU wave and the NWH wave revealed given they're not tied to a movie that has yet to be released like Ant-Man, GOTG or Marvels. I'm guessing the Ant-Man wave will be revealed soon given the second trailer is due to release on Monday apparently. 

But those 2 and the Disney+ wave are definitely my biggest wants of the year. I'm so excited for that D+ wave, it almost seems like a dream come true as far as who's in it, even the What If figure is something I've wanted for a while. Hopefully the last figure is yellow suit DD and the BAF is Abomination. 

I have no idea what that last MCU figure could be, there's so many options. Super interested in Fury and the Spider-Man from that wave, I'm curious to see what they'll do with them. No sure which other figures I'll get from it since I already have versions of everyone else. Was that wave supposed to have a BAF? I had assumed it would be akin to the BP Legacy wave last year.

The NWH wave also seems like a dream come true, fingers crossed that Tom figure is his new suit. I had assumed the BAF would be Lizard but now I'm thinking it's probably the Goblin Glider. If they include it with the figure it'll be way too small and he's not coming as a deluxe like I assumed he would be. That would leave Electro and Lizard to be revealed, likely as exclusives, and hopefully a Raimi Green Goblin suit like Funko and Hot Toys did.

On 1/7/2023 at 11:43 AM, JayC said:

Spider-Man Comic Wave
-Ben Reilly Spider-Man
-Spider-woman
-Elektra Daredevil
-The Rose
-Miles Morales New Suit
-Tarantula
-Chasm
- BAF Unkown

For sure ready to see how Tarantula and the Rose turn out. But Elektra DD, Chasm & Miles — whether they’re cool or not, I know I won’t care to get those.
I’m expecting Spider-Woman to be Jessica in her Ron Lim costume which I also won’t care for. Personally, I want to see the classic again but with double jointed elbows, more hair & an alternate head with no hair.
As for Ben, I’m not familiar with other costumes beyond the 2 looks we got in the line so don’t know what else to expect there. I, for one, would be glad to see him again in the red suit/blue hoodie on a better buck & the sharper looking eyes.

On 1/7/2023 at 11:43 AM, JayC said:

Avengers 60th Anniversary
-Black Knight and Sersi
-Target Exclusive Black Widow
-Walmart Exclusive Bucky Cap
-Hawkeye and Sky Cycle
-Hulk and Bruce Banner
-Iron Man MK I (first Appearance)
-Captain Marvel and Dr. Doom
-Skrull Queen (Veranke?) and Super-Skrull
-Super-Adaptoid 12″
-Thor and the Destroyer

The anniversary program is looking really good as a list  + Hyperion/Spectrum. Hope all meet or exceed expectations! If that Doom is Secret Wars, I will freak.

Of the definites the must gets are: 

• Blob
  • Banshee Training suit 3 Pack
  • Random X-Men Villain set
  • Wonder Man 
  • Baron Von Strucker.
  • Retro Kraven

Of the rumours the must get are:

• The Rose
  • Tarantula
  • Super-Adaptoid
  • Thor Vs Destroyer
  • Captain Marvel Vs Dr. Doom (if it is a Secret Wars set)