Xosha Roquemore Lands Key Role In Marvel's Captain America: New World Order

Outsiders

Xosha Roquemore has joined the cast of Marvel’s Captain America: New World Order starring Anthony Mackie.  Roquemore joins the ensemble cast of Tim Blake Nelson, Harrison Ford, Danny Ramirez, Carl Lumbly, and Shira Haas.  Roquemore’s new role is being kept under wraps.

Mackie is returning to reprise his role as Sam Wilson but will take over as the new Captain America, instead of his alter-ego Falcon.  The project is being directed by Julius Onah with Falcon and the Winter Soldier showrunner Malcolm Spellman writing the script along with Dalan Musson.

The new Captain America movie is scheduled for May 3rd, 2024.

Roquemore is credited with Warner Bros. Space Jam: A New Legacy, Sherman’s Showcase, Black Monday and Atlanta.

Source: Deadline

On 1/20/2023 at 4:38 PM, JohnF said:

My question is will Sebastian Stan be in the movie? Looks like a fitting place for him to show up and considering that more and more projects will be about cosmic, supernatural and superpowered people, leagues above Bucky overall, maybe his time is coming to an end. 

According to several sources yes Sebastian Stan will be in the movie, but in what capacity who knows, but he at least will have some screen time as it seems.

From what I heard there are murmurs swirling that Xosha will maybe be Misty Knight.

On 1/24/2023 at 6:49 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

According to several sources yes Sebastian Stan will be in the movie, but in what capacity who knows, but he at least will have some screen time as it seems.

From what I heard there are murmurs swirling that Xosha will maybe be Misty Knight.

Good to know that. 

Oh, Misty Knight is coming too? If that's true, it's kinda exciting. 

On 1/25/2023 at 9:50 AM, tarot said:

it would be weird if she was Misty Knight. Misty was in the Luke Cage series and if they want to keep the same actor for the likes of DD and Kingpin, wouldn't it make more sense to keep the same actor for the rest?

Yeah it would, and I'd like that, but so far it seems we have no evidence that Marvel/Disney have any interest in moving forward with any of the Actors who were in the Netflix series except Charlie & Vincent, and have expressed more interest in rebooting the characters from the Netflix shows, I personally hope she's not Misty Knight and if and when Misty appears in the MCU she is played by Simone Missick, I'm huge on them no scrapping anything from the Netflix shows and keeping those stories cannon and the characters.

🤷‍♂️

I mean, several actors from Luke Cage have already played different characters in the MCU. It’s pretty uncanny how much Blade and Cottonmouth look like one another, huh? To think of it another way, lots of other characters have been re-cast just within the MCU already too, from Hulk to War Machine to Red Skull, etc.  Is it ideal? No, but it doesn’t seem like a big deal either.