Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania Marvel Legends And What We Think We Know - Minor Spoilers

JayC

Now that we have the newest trailer for Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania movie which opens in theaters in less than a month on February 17, 2023, it's time to start talking the Marvel Legends wave for the movie.

So first thing is when might we get the official reveal for the wave from Hasbro?

Well likely it will be sometime in the first week of February. I don't think Hasbro has finalized their February pre-order schedule yet, but according to the Entertainment Earth Drop Zone page it looks like their will be Marvel Legends drops happening on February 8. There also looks like something(s) is coming for Marvel Legends on February 22, but being the movie will be out by then, right now February 8th seems like the most likely candidate for the Ant-Man wave to go up for pre-order and or purchase. Again I don't think Hasbro's schedule for next month has been finalized so dates could change or new dates coule be added. I also have not yet confirmed whats going up when, so I am mainly speculating right now based on the current info at hand and the proximity to when the movie will be released that we will see the wave officially revealed sometime in that first week of February. Hasbro has already confirmed that their will be no Marvel Legends live-streams this month, but I wouldn't be surprised if they do one in the first week of February. MCU waves also sometimes first get revealed through the Marvel.com website, so if they go that route I suppose the wave could be revealed a little bit sooner.

So what figures will be in the wave? This will be a wave that has a mix of MCU and comic based figures. It's a 7 figure wave that will have a Build-A-Figure. First revealed by Rektangular last year the wave looks like its going to include:

-MCU Ant-man
-MCU Wasp
-MCU Kang
-Egghead (Not Sure If MCU or Comic)
-Ultron (Comic)
-Crossfire (Comic)
-Unknown

I've seen from multiple sources the first three (Ant-Man, Wasp, Kang) are definitely MCU which is pretty much a no-brainer anyway.

Ultron is definitely comic based and most seem to think it will be a repainted gold one. Crossfire which is another obscure Marvel Comics villain who is similar to DC's Deadshot character I am pretty sure is a comic figure.

Egghead I think is comic, but that character did briefly appear in the last Ant-Man movie as a normal looking guy which would make for a pretty boring Marvel Legends figure. If you forgot that Egghead was in the MCU, he was Ghost's father and seen briefly in a flashback scene. I've not heard he will be in this new movie so I feel pretty confident this is going to be a comic version which is fine by me. Yes DC Comics also has an Egghead character and they both have egg shaped heads.

For the final regular figure in the wave, I've seen a few different names dropped for it so for now I am just listing it as unknown. The Build-A-Figure is also unknown however many think it will be a MCU M.O.D.O.K. which after seeing the newest trailer does make the most sense.

I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't see at least one store exclusive figure from the movie.

As always we will treat all of this as RUMOR until Hasbro officially confirms it which hopefully will be very soon.

Ant-Man-And-Wasp-Quantumania-Marvel-Legends.jpg

I would say Egghead will be comic based, I don't even remember him in Ant Man and Wasp. Another comic Ultron is a bit of a hard sell after giving us the Classic Ultron. I suspect we will get Stinger but whether she will be here or an exclusive it is hard to say. If the last figure is MCU, I would go Stinger if it is Comic, I hope it is Nadia. MODOK as the BAF would only be interesting if it has two faces.

I'd say 50/50 shot of the last figure being comic or MCU. We still need a comic Yellowjacket, so that would be a welcome addition to the wave, and hopefully we're getting a Cassie from the movie at some point, though I could see her being a single release like Shuri. It would be nice to see a MCU Hank and Janet at some point too, as well as maybe whoever Bill Murray is playing. 

I was sure from Rumours the last figure which is stated as Unknown is The Future Ant-Man (Comic), and that the Ultron will be Pymtron, also that a MCU Stinger could be an exclusive, but gotta see what Hasbro reveals in the end, they move things around, or info is fuzzy.

Crossfire is a must for me.

Egghead is certainly a comic figure. Doubt they would make a figure of a character that had no lines in the movie. 

I agree that ultron is more then likely pymtron. If not then annihilation ultron.

Following rekt leak of future antman, which I doubt because he only just got introduced in the comic this year. They'll probably change him out for cassie or maybe one of the other antmen, like o'grady

No interest in the mcu figures and if the baf is modok I'll only get the comic figures 

On 1/21/2023 at 1:53 PM, tarot said:

Crossfire is a must for me.

Egghead is certainly a comic figure. Doubt they would make a figure of a character that had no lines in the movie. 

I agree that ultron is more then likely pymtron. If not then annihilation ultron.

Following rekt leak of future antman, which I doubt because he only just got introduced in the comic this year. They'll probably change him out for cassie or maybe one of the other antmen, like o'grady

No interest in the mcu figures and if the baf is modok I'll only get the comic figures 

Yeah from this rumoured list it's only the comic figures for me, Crossfire has been someone I've wanted for awhile, basically being like one of Hawkeye's big villains, Egghead is a must as well if he's comic, Maybe Ultron depending on what it looks like in the end, if Future Ant-Man is indeed in this wave I'd buy that as well since he is a new character, so I hope the BAF is MCU MODOK because I don't want to build that, so I won't have to buy figures I don't care about for a wanted BAF.

On 1/21/2023 at 12:37 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah from this rumoured list it's only the comic figures for me, Crossfire has been someone I've wanted for awhile, basically being like one of Hawkeye's big villains, Egghead is a must as well if he's comic, Maybe Ultron depending on what it looks like in the end, if Future Ant-Man is indeed in this wave I'd buy that as well since he is a new character, so I hope the BAF is MCU MODOK because I don't want to build that, so I won't have to buy figures I don't care about for a wanted BAF.

From the reactions a lot of people are having to the wave, I'm hopeful I'll either easily be able to sell off the comic figures if I buy the wave or just buy the BAF parts if it's an MCU character. Nothing in the wave aside from the three movie figures interests me at the moment.

On 1/22/2023 at 2:01 PM, Ironspider428 said:

From the reactions a lot of people are having to the wave, I'm hopeful I'll either easily be able to sell off the comic figures if I buy the wave or just buy the BAF parts if it's an MCU character. Nothing in the wave aside from the three movie figures interests me at the moment.

Well if Indeed the BAF is MCU Modok or some MCU character, I'd sell or trade you the parts from the Comic figures I get.

👌