Marvel Legends Guardians Of The Galaxy Comic Yondu Figure Revealed

JayC

On 1/25/2023 at 2:02 PM, super-chillin said:

agreed. the reaper or vulcan mold would have been the better choices for sure.

My preference woulda been the Vulcan buck, cuz it's that fit, around 6 ft. range and it has butterfly joints, but even the Reaper buck woulda been better than this buck, which is quickly becoming the Kate Bishop of male bucks. I thought, for sure, with the injection of what was basically the Bucky Cap mold with butterfly joints, the Sunfire mold would stop being so loosely and incorrectly used as often, but here it is again, being used for a much wanted and anticipated character that the body just doesn't fit.

And thats the maddening thing, isn't it?? Why did they go thru all the work to make Yondu, with the unique belt and "shirt" and Yaka arrow quiver...which no other character has, so no re-use there....get his colors right, his boots etc. (the bow isnt right though) and then put him on the wrong buck? They obviously know how tall this guy is supposed to be. Take Firelord for example.... he debuted going hammer and tongs against Thor AND Hercules; these guys are all around the same height (6' 4"-6' 6" range). But stand your Firelord against your Thor and he looks like a damn kid. They keep doing this and it makes no sense at all. The Vision, the Falcon, Moon Knight, Blue Marvel all got short- changed with this. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hasbro's Dan Yun has revealed that the Marvel Legends comic based Yondu figure they showed off a few weeks ago will be going up for pre-order tomorrow (2/14) around 1pm ET on the Target.com website. He also said there will be some additional Target exclusive items going up as well including one that has troop builder potential. We will be sure to update you once they have gone up on Target or if anything else gets revealed before then.

Yondu is a must get for me so I can finally retire the MCU version (although I love Michael Rooker!). This hint at something that has troop builder potential has me intrigued!!! Nova Corps? A Skrull? Kree Soldier? Maybe some half human/animal hybrid with swappable parts from High Evolutionary's army? Maybe finally a Chitauri or Outrider from Thanos' army? Badoon? Brood? So many possibilities!!!

I really wish we knew what else was going up. I need to know if there's anything I actually want to preorder given that its always a crapshoot whether Target preorders will last more than 10 seconds and I don't want to be searching around for all the things that might be going up. Hopefully they reveal all the stuff beforehand. I'm thinking that mystery Spider-Man listing may be going up. Can't think of any troop builders I need other than Chitauri or Outriders, no way those are happening but if they do I'm going to flip out.

Really want this figure, I am going to presume it's going to be a TRU exclusive in Canada, but TRU doesn't put up pre-orders so I'm going to make a wild guess and say it's just going to appear sometime randomly on the website if at all and for roughly 50 bucks, Ugh.

Troop Builder and Target. Hmm....not a combination I'm really all that comfortable with. I'm guessing/hoping it's Captain Steve Rogers in his SHIELD gear. Maybe with a Dum Dum and a helmet head swap. That would give us two characters and an agent on the larger body mold. Then again Hasbro's not been all that big on doing more than one character per box but rather makes us pay for each on separately. Still, they do tend to surprise us on occasion.

Shown below is the new Target Exclusive Marvel Legends Disney+ Hawkeye Series Tracksuit Mafia figure. It is available for pre-order now on Target.com. This is the figure Hasbro teased with a golf club in the last live-stream. It's also the potential army builder Dan Yun mentioned yesterday.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

On 2/14/2023 at 9:14 AM, since83 said:

What do you have to type in to get Yondu? I have tried every version of target exclusive marvel legends yondu and get nothing. Target and Amazon both do this to me all the time.

Its not there, track suit neither. Maybe its going up later today or maybe another day?

Is there a link?  The Target website is doing it's best to deny any association with this post

Edit:  Is it "available now" or "available soon"?  Your reporting is different between here and the main website.

On 2/14/2023 at 10:12 AM, JayC said:

Shown below is the new Target Exclusive Marvel Legends Disney+ Hawkeye Series Tracksuit Mafia figure. It is available for pre-order now on Target.com. This is the figure Hasbro teased with a golf club in the last live-stream.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

On 2/14/2023 at 9:27 AM, since83 said:

I love the idea of the tracksuit mafia guys, but not really feelin like a must have to me. I did really like the show. The Malotov cocktail is really nice though.

I think this is a nice surprise for the fans. Again...this is something that should have a multipack option. 

On 2/13/2023 at 12:46 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Really want this figure, I am going to presume it's going to be a TRU exclusive in Canada, but TRU doesn't put up pre-orders so I'm going to make a wild guess and say it's just going to appear sometime randomly on the website if at all and for roughly 50 bucks, Ugh.

Sigh, yep. Well my brother, given the price we can at least hope enough people are turned off enough for us to make the score, lol.