Marvel Legends Guardians Of The Galaxy Comic Yondu Figure Revealed

JayC

On 2/14/2023 at 11:58 AM, leokearon said:

The Tracksuit Mafia is a nice surprise but not really essential. 

Classic Ant Man looks great but where's the mini Ant Man? 

Now that you bring up the Tracksuit Mafia, I'm thinking about some other MCU/Disney+ characters: El Aguila, Man-Bull, Porcupine and Saracen from She-Hulk. 

So I guess the Legends team have not let anyone know in Canada where we Can Get Yondu and this Ant-Man, since I really want both, that new Ant-Man is a great update from the previous wiggly noodle body version, only have the Lang Comic Ant-Man, I was waiting for something like this, passed on the vintage one.

guess no info though on when and where these are coming out for Canadians though>

Actually some stuff I want here! Classic Ant-Man was a huge surprise! He looks SO much better than the Retro version, definitely switching them out on the Avengers shelf. And the tracksuit mafia?? Hell yeah!! Totally not expecting them, I preordered 2 and I’ll probably get more if they go on sale. I guess $28 is the price for including more accessories? Not sure what that’s about lol. But I’m glad both those figure were still available when I checked a few hours after they went up. 

On 2/15/2023 at 12:14 AM, SpiderS said:

Ant-man easily could have been on the pinless Vulcan or RYV or at the very least Spidey Retro body with pins but no..... For the second time, we get Classic Ant-man on the most overused body, I guess maybe when we get 4th Ant-Man movie we will get him on newer body....

Not every figure has to be pinless. and the Sunfire body mody is perfect for Ant-man, not to big like the Vulcan mold and not to skinny like the Pizza Spider-man mold. This looks great. 

On 2/15/2023 at 4:16 AM, tarot said:

Not every figure has to be pinless. and the Sunfire body mody is perfect for Ant-man, not to big like the Vulcan mold and not to skinny like the Pizza Spider-man mold. This looks great. 

Ant-man is not D rate character anymore, especially when we get actual D lister villains with pinless tech. Sunfire body mold was always problematic since it has horrible and atrocious small low set shoulders, which destroys whole figure aesthetics, we have body that is super muscular in all aspects but somehow it has under developed shoulders? Sunfire mold is anti thesis to classic Superhero proportions or even human proportions, Yes you can pose it and hide issues but why? When Hasbro can at the very least use Shang Chi's shoulders or Falcon's shoulders that fixed "shoulder" problem for the mold. But we get another cheap reuse. 

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 2.27.49 AM.png

On 2/14/2023 at 6:14 PM, SpiderS said:

I guess maybe when we get 4th Ant-Man movie we will get him on newer body....

I'd be shocked if we get another Ant-Man movie. We kind of know who wins this battle, don't we??? I won't be the slightest bit surprised if Cassie is the only "hero" that survives this movie - as a matter of fact, that's fully what I'm expecting.

As with all Target exclusives, I'll be taking my chances that I'll be able to find these in brick and morter stores easily. So far the only one I struggled to get was Red Hulk. And by struggle I mean I had to look in 3- 4 stores before I found him in decent numbers. 

I actually got "one per customer" for Marvel's Katie back when I was buying 2 of each MCU figure. 

I steadfastly refuse to pre-order from Target. Their random charges just to be sure I've got money in my account always comes at the worst times.

Will grab Yondu with the hope that someday my grandkids can complete the classic Guardians.

Classic Ant-Man is a very nice update. The Retro is a bit too skinny but I was happy to have him. This new one will definitely be my default Ant-Man now. Would have loved a removable helmet, cmon Hasbro Toybiz did this over a decade ago!! 

Hasbro: keep these classic suits coming!!!

On 2/14/2023 at 1:22 PM, ADour said:

This figure looks like the perfect base for this custom:

robert-downey-jr-avengers-track-suit-GQ-

I glanced at the tracksuit figure before reading the article and though we finally got red jumpsuit Pym. Maybe they could throw the Red Skull/ Dormammu legs on that guy and we'd be one step closer to the red jumper Pym.....

On 2/14/2023 at 5:00 PM, McHogan said:

"...Classic Ant-Man is a very nice update. The Retro is a bit too skinny but I was happy to have him... Would have loved a removable helmet, cmon Hasbro Toybiz did this over a decade ago.."

I refused to get that thing they tried to pass off as "retro" Ant-Man...cheap, sad, knock-off. An overly skinny mold (seriously, that looks like someone who's very very sick), sloppy paint job, and worse of all, the helmet. Pym's Ant-Man helmet never looked like that, but hasbo didn't care. "Close enough" was the mantra and of course they had enough water-carriers to go along with it. But I found it offensive. May sound like I'm laying it on thick but there it was. Well it took them 4 years to get it together but its here. Now, I will say the Vulcan mold isnt too tall for this because Pym is supposed to be around 6'0", not 5'10". Still, this is a light year better than that thing. As far as the removable helmet, hasbo is able to do it with the Star Wars line but somehow not here. Oh well.

On 2/14/2023 at 9:48 PM, Atlantis said:

Now that you bring up the Tracksuit Mafia, I'm thinking about some other MCU/Disney+ characters: El Aguila, Man-Bull, Porcupine and Saracen from She-Hulk. 

Or we could get their comic versions, either would be fine

On 2/15/2023 at 3:06 AM, Atlantis said:

I refused to get that thing they tried to pass off as "retro" Ant-Man...cheap, sad, knock-off. An overly skinny mold (seriously, that looks like someone who's very very sick), sloppy paint job, and worse of all, the helmet. Pym's Ant-Man helmet never looked like that, but hasbo didn't care. "Close enough" was the mantra and of course they had enough water-carriers to go along with it. But I found it offensive. May sound like I'm laying it on thick but there it was. Well it took them 4 years to get it together but its here. Now, I will say the Vulcan mold isnt too tall for this because Pym is supposed to be around 6'0", not 5'10". Still, this is a light year better than that thing. As far as the removable helmet, hasbo is able to do it with the Star Wars line but somehow not here. Oh well.

My thoughts exactly! I appreciate when Hasbro gets the height or build of the buck right for a character, but if it is a must have I will bite the bullet when it wrong and just correct it by how I display it (crouched, on a flight stand, etc), but that last Retro was just too much to get over…really bad execution. Glad we got a replacement so quickly. Like you (I believe), I would love to see Vision, Daredevil, and Silver Surfer redone on proper bucks in the next few years.

Sly, Hasbro/Target, real sly. So they revealed the Track Suit and I passed and just ordered 2 Yondu, for the free shipping, of course, then they reveal the Ant-Man later that day and I order 2 of them for the same reason. Had they revealed them both at the same time i woulda ordered one of each. Ya got me again. Ya, I know I can cancel and reorder, but I guess I'll keep an MIB of each.

Similar to Blob, I was okay with my older Ant-Man, but now I need this one. It's just better. I like that they are going back and "correcting" some of these characters done on the Pizza Spidey buck, but I hope they just don't use the Sunfire buck as a one for one drop in. The Pizza Spidey buck is still applicable to so many characters and the Sunfire buck is the most misused buck, by far on both sides of the spectrum. For instance, characters like Speedball and Pyro not only could have been done on the Pizza Spidey mold but they should have been done on that mold. Characters like Silver Surfer and Firelord should have been done on the Reaper mold, but somehow Hasbro found a way to bridge the gap between a 5'10", 150 lb. character and a 6'4", 250 lb. character with a single mold and neither is correct. Sometimes detail is more than just paint, Hasbro.

I also agree with @SpiderS that the Sunfire mold isn't as good aesthetically as Hasbro seems to think it is. To me it looks like the mold was done as a very muscular or larger mold and somewhere along the line it got scaled down to a smaller buck and then they (over) lengthened the area above the shoulders to make it taller. If you look at it and then imagine it having a neck proportionate to the body it would be a much shorter body mold. Almost like a Wolverine sized one. This thing looked amazing out of the gate, but it didn't take long to see it's obvious flaws and the fact that they use and mostly misuse the mold for way too many characters only makes it worse.