Another Marvel Legends Reveal Coming Tomorrow (1/26) - Could It Be A New Deluxe Figure?

JayC

Hasbro's Dan Yun started the day asking folks on Twitter for their input of a Marvel Legends deluxe figure they would like to see in the future.

This evening he then followed up thanking people for their input and announcing there would be a new Marvel Legends reveal coming tomorrow.

I don't expect anything to go up for pre-order this week so likely the reveal will be something that will be made available at a later date and possibly another store exclusive like we saw with the Yondu revealed earlier this week.

Last month we told you how there was a Deluxe Spider-Man themed figure listed in Target's system (See below) and there have also been hints by Hasbro in regards to the rumored Deluxe movie Doc Ock figure coming that will likely have bendy wire in the tentacles. Whether tomorrow's reveal is another store exclusive, deluxe figure or Doc Ock remains to be seen, but whatever is shown off we will be sure to have coverage of it here when it's revealed.

Target-Exclusive__scaled_600.jpg

looking at the rumor listings and barring, Like Jayc said, it is another store exclusive we have the following as a possibility:

• Shuma Gorath, unlikely as they might save that for SDCC this year.
  • Spider-Slayer set - possibly hinting at the Target mentioned.
  • Doc Ock - likely but they would probably wait for the wave to be revealed alongside it.
  • SPDR and Peni

I didn't include the Spider-verse figure (Cyborg Spider-woman) because it's still too early for them and any of the Avengers lot because they usually wait until a major livestream or event before reveal anniversary lines. Again all of these could just be wrong and it could be something new.

On 1/26/2023 at 1:52 AM, super-chillin said:

my only expectation really is an unpredictable and inconsistent price tag

That was just the Spider-man, due to Sony owning the design rights for the costume. The last 2 reveal have been proper prices, the F4 kids and Yondu.

Well, the only deluxes from Rektangular's list that might possibly be shown this early would likley be Winged Groot from GOTG3 or ITSV2 Cyborg Spider-Woman. The timing would seem too early for those.  NWH Doc Ock, the 12" Super Adaptoid and Hawkeye on Skycycle aren't expected until the end of the year.

Assuming that it's not any of the above, which I think is safe.... and knowing that none of the somewhat recently announced store exclusives (Walmart Star Lord, Target Yondu or Amazon Ronan) were on Rektangular's list... Could we see a Gamestop exclusive comic based cosmic character to go with those three? If so, they seem to be doing comic versions of characters that showed in up the Guardians of the Galaxy movies. I'd love a comic Collector, Mantis or Nebula if that's along the lines of what they're doing. I'm sure there are a lot of people that would love a new comic Drax or Gamora as well. Or maybe they could go really crazy and do a comic based Cosmo/Howard 2-pack!! Of all of those, I'm expecting something along the lines of those types of characters, but we'll know soon enough! My personal hope is that it's a comic Starfox if it's a regular sized character or the Kree Supreme Intelligence if it's a deluxe.

Hasbro today via CBR revealed a new Marvel Legends Squadron Supreme Hyperion and Doctor Spectrum 2-Pack. The set will be available for pre-order in Spring 2023 for $49.99. Sounds like this will be a general release or possibly a fan-channel exclusive since there is no mention of a specific store having it.

Hyperion-05.jpg

Hyperion-12.jpg

Hyperion-11.jpg

Hyperion-10.jpg

Hyperion-09.jpg

Hyperion-08.jpg

Hyperion-07.jpg

Hyperion-06.jpg

Hyperion-03.jpg

Hyperion-02.jpg

Hyperion-04.jpg

On 1/26/2023 at 8:54 AM, tarot said:

it's very likely that this was made and designed before switching over. Alot of figure get design long ago but are pushed back for various reasons.

Fair enough. I hope he's one of the last ones though, after seeing the Vulcan body more now, that mold looks super outdated. 

I'm trying to figure out what mold Hyperion is on, is that new? At least the torso? 

Hey yes that's pretty awesome IMO, I am impressed with that Hyperion, I never wanted to pay the aftermarket prices for the older one, and this one is better, looks like a new buck? clearly the tooling budget was spent on Hyperion, Dr. Spectrum is using Bucky Cap, but it still looks good, I got no problem with Bucky Cap mold, it still is a good looking mold for a ton of characters, as for everyone saying "aren't we past the bucky cap buck" the answer will be a big no for still 23 and 24, they say this will be phased out in favor of Vulcan Buck, but that's not going to be until like 2025 or so, I'd say people shouldn't be shocked to see this buck in circulation, figures are made a year or more in advance, and it's a slow phasing out.

This 2 pack is a must get for me, two characters I really want, and one we have never seen in figure form.

Awesome!!!  But man, Hyp's golden chastity diaper is a most awkward looking comic page-to-plastic translation indeed, lol. (I'm not faulting Hasbro on that though; that was always a tricky look to pull off in the real-world). Would have been nice if his arms were pinless too, but I still really dig it! I really need a Hyperion and I always did prefer the bad-guy version of him. Spectrum looks great too, and while I'd have preferred a newer bod for him, I'm fine with the BC mold. 

Now, as long as this is not a WM exclusive, we're good!

On 1/26/2023 at 6:47 AM, JayC said:

Hasbro today via CBR revealed a new Marvel Legends Squadron Supreme Hyperion and Doctor Spectrum 2-Pack. The set will be available for pre-order in Spring 2023 for $49.99. Sounds like this will be a general release or possibly a fan-channel exclusive since there is no mention of a specific store having it.

Hyperion-05.jpg

Hyperion-12.jpg

Hyperion-11.jpg

Hyperion-09.jpg

While I'm certainly glad to see these two, and don't mind Dr. Spectrum on the buckycap buck, I do wish they had given Hyperion that off the shoulder cape instead of the two clasps (and YES I know more modern versions show it that way). I AM glad they didn't paint his belt on, which looks cheap and tacky (that's what they did with the Vision). Also he's in red and yellow, instead of black. This is so much better.