Another Marvel Legends Reveal Coming Tomorrow (1/26) - Could It Be A New Deluxe Figure?

JayC

On 1/26/2023 at 7:19 AM, JohnF said:

Not to be mean, but don't these two look a little below the current ML standards?  A little cheap in my opinion, maybe because of the paint or maybe it's just the images. 

I don't think you're being mean. I like what they did but sure, they could have done better (and goodness knows they could have done far worse!); I wouldn't be surprised that down the line you'll see them again in updated pinless forms. For example, an Iron Man wave  could have an updated Dr. Spectrum.

I can't pretend to care for the blue underarm joint on the good Doctor, that's going to limit the posability if I want it to still look good, but I do love the Squadron so I'm excited if they start building out this team.  That said I'd prefer either Hickman-run Hyperion or the Gruenwald-era costumes because it's just such an amazing book, (it'd be so easy to just give us maskless heads!) but it is what it is, I suppose. 

I don't think I'm all that upset by this one. For once. Whatever buck they used for Hyperion (the diaper makes it hard to read), looks to be about the right size and I am one of those people that don't have that much a problem with the Bucky Cap mold (aside from the feet). Firstly because it is a magnificent sculpt and secondly because it applies to so many characters. As it does here with Doctor Spectrum. Had they used this mold for Yondu, though the Vulcan mold would have been better, I would have had no problem with it. Colors are a bit loud, but i think they were going for the classic looks, which are what these figures are designed after. Got no problems with 'em. At least they didn't cell shade them, or whatever the hell counts as cell shading in Hasbro Land. I'm in on this one.

Another pack that has a figure I want and a figure I don't need. I don't care if Hyperion has more articulation then the old one, I have Hyperion already. Put in Power Princess or Nighthawk instead and do Hyperion as a single pack so some collectors can skip. 

On 1/26/2023 at 6:38 PM, Atlantis said:

I don't think you're being mean. I like what they did but sure, they could have done better (and goodness knows they could have done far worse!); I wouldn't be surprised that down the line you'll see them again in updated pinless forms. For example, an Iron Man wave  could have an updated Dr. Spectrum.

Yeah, I guess we could see them updated at some point and yes it could've also been worse. I just wish that sometimes the quality of the paint job would've been higher. 

On 12/4/2022 at 8:10 AM, JohnF said:

Cool pic. This is the new daredevil figure, right?

On 1/26/2023 at 11:55 AM, Hordak Rules said:

Another pack that has a figure I want and a figure I don't need. I don't care if Hyperion has more articulation then the old one, I have Hyperion already. Put in Power Princess or Nighthawk instead and do Hyperion as a single pack so some collectors can skip. 

I disagree.  I have the older one too, but this one is much better.  Better articulation, better body type, not just paint for the waist part… plus the other one came out a long time ago.  Before Marvel Legends Infinite so that’s before the first GotG movie.  Two packs are where you should put updated versions of characters that a lot of people missed out on.  

plus if you only need one, pop you old one on eBay for auction starting at $20.  Bet you make enough to pretty much pay for this 2-pack plus shipping by the end

awesome. i’ll have to make a few modifications between the two to get the classic looks i want but for the most part, it’s a pretty sweet set i’d say. hyperion looks way better than i would have expected. kinda impressed really. hope those clasps aren’t plugged into his chest though.
i don’t mind the use of the bucky cap mold in this case for doctor spectrum but the legends team really ought to update those stubby feet at least. it’s already been proven how good of a difference it makes so why not. 

I'm relatively pleased with this reveal. We knew this one was coming from Rektangular's leaks and Dr. Spectrum is a long time want. I have mixed feelings on the Hyperion, but overall I do think that it's an upgrade over what came before. It's a buy for me for sure.

It makes me want to get started on makings some customs for the rest of the team! They'd all be pretty easy using old Mattel DC Universe figures. I've already got the perfect Wonder Woman in mind for Power Princess and Flash for Whizzer. Skymax will be easy, peasy. Amphibian would like be the hardest but a good fodder Aquaman would likely make a good start.

On 1/26/2023 at 10:04 AM, JohnF said:

Yeah, I guess we could see them updated at some point and yes it could've also been worse. I just wish that sometimes the quality of the paint job would've been higher. 

You and me both! And I hope it didn't come off as "you're lucky it wasn't worse". I wouldn't have given Dr. Spectrum boots, and some nice spectrum constructs would've been great, but that's me. Honestly I prefer them to get it "right" the first time instead of hoping that an update will occur.  In this case however they got things fundamentally correct. At any rate its a welcome surprise.

On 1/26/2023 at 3:58 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Any pictures of the box back and/or rundown of contents, to know what parts and accessories are included?

From the pictures provided, I think is pretty safe to say that Hyperion comes with an extra set of hands (the pics show closed fists and slightly open for both left and right) and that Dr. Spectrum comes with two of those standard round effects piece, the one jewel and an extra set of hands (pics show two different types of hand for both left and right). I wouldn't expect anything else.

On 1/26/2023 at 1:03 PM, super-chillin said:

would be nice if they designed a torso similar to this for VISION

oH, don't even get me started on how they've mistreated the Vision. And all the easy fixes they could do, that they've really already done in other figures. At least I have my Marvel Select Vision. 

These are very nice indeed. Have always loved the Justice Lea... Squadron Supreme. Will say though, did NOT like when Hyperion joined the Avengers ( alternate universe or not) 

Will absolutely pick this set up knowing the Squadron will never be completed. I mean.. how long did it take to get a 2nd member of the classic GOTG? 

Some thoughts on this set after giving the pics a real discerning look see..

Let's pretend that Hasbro is committed to completing all these teams they started:

How many Squadron members make the cut? For me, the 80s limited series team that homages the Justice League ( the two in this set, Nighthawk, whizzer, Lady Lark, Amphibian, Power Princess, Blue Eagle, Nuke, Tom Thumb, Golden Archer, Arcana, skrull guy... done.. need no more)

How many more make the GOTG lineup? Or Serpent Society? Or Starjammers? Or imperial Guard... 

Spectrum makes me think we can get a decent 3D Man or Triathlon 

If they made Nighthawk in classic suit makes me think we could get a modern Nighthawk for my Avengers shelf

On 1/26/2023 at 8:16 PM, Hogun said:

With his golden diaper, the photo in which Hyperion is squatting looks like he is going potty. I have no better word to describe that photo because of that diaper/thong. I never liked Hyperion's design.

I thought the exact same thing

On 1/26/2023 at 10:12 PM, McHogan said:

Some thoughts on this set after giving the pics a real discerning look see..

Let's pretend that Hasbro is committed to completing all these teams they started:

How many Squadron members make the cut? For me, the 80s limited series team that homages the Justice League ( the two in this set, Nighthawk, whizzer, Lady Lark, Amphibian, Power Princess, Blue Eagle, Nuke, Tom Thumb, Golden Archer, Arcana, skrull guy... done.. need no more)

How many more make the GOTG lineup? Or Serpent Society? Or Starjammers? Or imperial Guard... 

Spectrum makes me think we can get a decent 3D Man or Triathlon 

If they made Nighthawk in classic suit makes me think we could get a modern Nighthawk for my Avengers shelf

I think for Guardians I can see another Gamora, classic Drax, maybe another Rocket and Groot.  Then Starhawk, Charlie, Martinex, Nikki and Aleta.  I can see many of the original team being in box sets though

i only see a couple more serpent society.  Surprised we don’t have Diamondback yet

starjammers we will probably see a two pack of hepzibah and raza before too long

i think that’s WAY more Squadron figures than we will get.  Most never appeared again.  I see a version of Whizzer/Blur and of Power Princess/Warrior Woman.  Probably with the Blur name to avoid the outdated slang, and Power Princess so this can’t be TOO obviously the JLA, which is another reason I don’t see a lot of that 80s team coming out

I suspect if they do more we'll just get Warrior Woman, Blur, and maybe a new Nighthawk. The key thing here is that the Hyperion on this set technically isn't the classic version; it's the more recent Earth-616 Hyperion from the Squadron Supreme of America. The differences are minor, but the cape and boots are a dead giveaway, and that's also the art used on the box.

91pczhsqgFS.jpg

So I could see Hasbro completing that lineup, since it's only five characters.

On 1/27/2023 at 2:47 PM, TheJoaker said:

Even if that’s the case I still see it as a set.  Hyperion and classic Nighthawk are the only ones I see being big enough to be single packed.  They’ve each had stories outside of of the team.  The others outside of Dr spectrum can’t even keep a name pegged down

you say that but we get characters like Rock Python, Orb, Frog Man and many many more who as way more obscure then the Squadron. Zarda can easily be slotted into an Avengers wave, who any of the movie tie-in beyond Spider-man.