Marvel Legends I'd LIKE to see...but should they do them???

TheArrow

Hasbro's taken some deep dives in to Marvel lore..........but frankly, they can go deeper still.

There's a whole bunch of titles that have never been touched, what would make for really snazzy figures, but the question begs, are they still in the public consciousness??

To wit:

Two-Gun Kid...........Rawhide Kid? Or the original western Ghost Rider on horse back?
Would they move at all in today's market?

Sgt. Fury, heck the whole of the Howling Commandos.  Fury in his oft-shown tatter uniform with a touch of "Kirby" to the sculpt.

Killraven--for a sci-fi fantasy bent.

Devil Dinosaur and MoonBOY, not the modern iteration.

The Human Fly, if they can still work that licence, 

ROM--who is already in the Hasbro stables---cut a deal, folks

I'd push for Omega the Unknown........but.........golly, he probably really IS unknown......
All of these would be toyetic, but would modern consumers necessarily associate to any of them?
I'd love to have these in my collection..........but I cannot speak for anyone else.....

What say you?

I think some of them are too obscure to sell well enough, but some of them aren't. Rom would definitely sell, and I think a deluxe Devil Dinosaur with Moon Boy would sell decently. Sgt. Fury and western Ghost Rider would sell well enough in regular figure waves, but I think a deluxe horse and rider set would be cost-prohibitive based on the character's obscurity level- assuming the horse is well-articulated, I'm guessing it would be a $70+ set with Hasbro's current pricing. The Human Fly is actually in a current Amazon-exclusive Legends set.  I think all of the others that you mentioned are probably too obscure, unless they pop up in a Marvel movie or show. 

When I'm talking the Human Fly, I'm talking about the real-life motorcycle-riding stuntman guy who briefly shared some of the stoplight with Evel Knievel in the mid-70's.  That's a real pipe-dream of mine and he's REAL obscure now, but still.  I don't think the upcoming  figure is the same character.
Thing is, if Hasbro and ML can do Cap-Wolf........well, they can do darn near anybody.....

The Human Fly – The Real Life Superhero Stuntman – The Reprobate

Conan the Barbarian is my top choice. Love to add him to my Savage Avengers team but I thought I heard Marvel was again losing the rights for his comics and that the rights for action figures are too much of a headache to bother. I may have these details wrong but I definitely recall reading a thread where someone laid it all out why we’d probably not be getting a Legend of Conan.

I’d absolutely buy ROM. I grabbed the 3 3/4 figure when Hasbro did that toy legacy box set at SDCC quite a few years back. A very cool figure. Way better than the companies first release from the 70s or early 80s ( yes, I had the original too!) and that thing was essentially a light up brick!!

the only Marvel Western Hero I’d buy would be the Two Gun Kid to add to my Avengers team...maybe the Phantom Rider too. I recently was able to add 3 3/4 versions Two Gun, Phantom and Rawhide to my Marvel Universe collection thanks to the Dime Novel Legends blanks sets ( or did I?!? They aren’t officially called that but they are. ) 

Deep dives are fun for me. I certainly don’t buy them all but what they do do is give me hope that one of my favorite obscure characters will be made one day. It keeps this hobby exciting

On 1/29/2023 at 5:09 PM, TheArrow said:

When I'm talking the Human Fly, I'm talking about the real-life motorcycle-riding stuntman guy who briefly shared some of the stoplight with Evel Knievel in the mid-70's.  That's a real pipe-dream of mine and he's REAL obscure now, but still.  I don't think the upcoming  figure is the same character.
Thing is, if Hasbro and ML can do Cap-Wolf........well, they can do darn near anybody.....

The Human Fly – The Real Life Superhero Stuntman – The Reprobate

This is my thought as well. Cap Wolf, while not an official figure per se, getting that extra head was such a fun bonus that it adds credibility to the thought that maybe... just maybe .. ANYONE may get the call up and get immortalized as a Marvel Legend. 

To add to this, there was a time when I’d never add Jocasta, Rage, Thunderstrike, or Wonder  Man in his Safari Jacket to my Avenger collections. It’s definitely a double edged sword as while Hasbro has given us amazing character selection, we end up waiting a looooong time to get them.

My bias is the late 70's thru the 80's stuff--essentially everything that appeared in the Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe.  Post-90's my interest starts dropping off somewhat, but other people love that stuff--and that's okay.  I jumped on Jocasta right away, I'll do the same for Safari-Wonder Man.....................but.....................I'm getting pickier with sculpts and presentation. The recent Multiple Man is a character I've long wanted, but the execution isn't up to par.....for my tastes at least.

But I REALLY want a Moses Magnum.  Yeah, deep deep dive.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:27 PM, McHogan said:

Conan the Barbarian is my top choice. Love to add him to my Savage Avengers team but I thought I heard Marvel was again losing the rights for his comics and that the rights for action figures are too much of a headache to bother. I may have these details wrong but I definitely recall reading a thread where someone laid it all out why we’d probably not be getting a Legend of Conan.

I

ToyBiz's Legendary Comic Book Heroes has a great 2-pack with Conan and Wraal if you are not aware of it.  Conan is very much compatible with ML and is keeping with Marvel's look for him.

On 2/3/2023 at 3:18 PM, TheArrow said:

ToyBiz's Legendary Comic Book Heroes has a great 2-pack with Conan and Wraal if you are not aware of it.  Conan is very much compatible with ML and is keeping with Marvel's look for him.

Yes, I actually owned that set once. No longer have either and I'm not sure if I sold them off or tossed them haha..

Not a fan of that eras articulation especially the ball hips. But this Conan would be a great stand in for a proper Legends

On 2/10/2023 at 9:22 AM, Chunkylover said:

I really want these guys, but I can't imagine there is much pent up demand for geriatric superhumans with boring powers.

uncanny215.jpg

Something about these guys was always kinds cool. My first exposure to them was the Silvestre art era and they immediately struck a cord with me. Cool, simple design