The Next Walmart Collector-Con Announced For March 16th-17th

JayC

Hasbro today during their Star Wars Live-Stream announced the dates of the next Walmart Collector-Con event as being March 16-17 at 10am ET.

You may recall during Hasbro's last Marvel Legends live-stream they announced a new Marvel Legends Spider-Man Retro Cardback Kraven The Hunter figure would be released at some point as a Walmart exclusive. While they didn't specifically say when it would go up for pre-order, it's probably a good bet will be sometime during this next Collector-Con event. When more details become available we will be sure to let you know.

Marvel-Legends-Kraven.jpg

Collector Con again of course, but Walmart really needs to try harder here in Canada with their exclusives, and even then just stocking product, I always feel bummed out when these Retailer cons (Walmrt & Target respectfully, we don't even hard Target) are announced because I know here in Canada we will be subjected to potential unavailability of items, low stock of items and unfair exclusive mark ups, not even actually fulfilling orders, people are still getting their Retro lizard figures cancelled from Walmart Canada and that was from the last Collector Con.

most of the time the only hopes we have with these Walmart exclusives, are that they drop the exclusivity and e-tailers get them eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Hasbro via CB has confirmed that the Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Kraven The Hunter figure which we first saw in the last Hasbro live-stream will go up on the Walmart website during their next Collector-Con event which takes place on March 16-17 starting at 10am ET. Retail Price: $27.99. They have also released some official images for the figure which you can see below.

Kraven-01.webp

Kraven-02.webp

Kraven-8.jpg

Kraven-7.jpg

Kraven-6.jpg

Kraven-5.jpg

Kraven-4.jpg

Kraven-3.jpg

Kraven-2.jpg

The probably with Hasbro and their love of repaints, etc., is that bad sculpts often stay in circulation for a while. This Kraven head sculpt is just too exaggerated, slightly stylized. It looks like he was exposed to The Joker's Smilex gas... and, yet, here this sculpt is again... this figure would have been a home run if they included an alternate more neutral head, even if it was just the old Kraven sculpt. I still want this figure, and I will try to order it, but I won't pay a huge secondary market mark-up if I can't.

Yeah Kraven looks fine for his Animated appearance, but this was never really how he was depicted in the comics so it's kinda a hard shuffle in for those who need a new Kraven, I probably would have went for this just because I didn't have a Kraven, but I recently finally got the Classic Kraven from the 2 Pack so I'm not going to worry about this.

I had the better Kraven (from the 2 pack.) twice and sold him off twice.  Actually tried the trade forum right here in an attempt to get ahold of the Spidey / MJ 2 pack. Who knew THAT Spidey / Kraven Set would blow up?!? It hung around my local Targets for months and even on discount it took forever to sell out.  The MJ Set is dumb expensive now too so... 

as far as animated style go I’m glad Hasbro didn’t try cell shading here or on the Scorpion figure. Maybe they know they suck at it? Hoping they just stick with more animated colors and don’t try getting all artsy... as none of their cell shade attempts look good IMO..

On 2/16/2023 at 2:46 PM, super-chillin said:

mmm neh, i’m good.  
how many Kravens is it going to take before they make a real classic version
BB4965FA-06FA-4D20-AA1D-24BDC638ED70.thumb.jpeg.3d94179dbd4bdfc709d37cd88748a976.jpeg

I REALLY want more figures specifically based on the Silver Age comics. I'm only 41, but I grew up reading beater copies and reprints of the old Spidey comics, and I'd love to see some figures that really channel the look of Steve Ditko's fantastic art. Some Kirby Avengers would also be amazing. 

On 2/17/2023 at 8:04 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

I REALLY want more figures specifically based on the Silver Age comics. I'm only 41, but I grew up reading beater copies and reprints of the old Spidey comics, and I'd love to see some figures that really channel the look of Steve Ditko's fantastic art. Some Kirby Avengers would also be amazing. 

same here. you got a few years on me but i’ve always been into the classic ages growing up. ya just can’t beat the legends.