The Next Walmart Collector-Con Announced For March 16th-17th

JayC

• 4 weeks later...

Walmart today sent out a press release for their Walmart Collector Con event which begins tomorrow (3/16) at 10am ET on the Walmart website.

In the press release they mention that during the 2-day event they will be offering 47 exclusives from various companies and brands, one of which we know to be the Marvel Legends Kraven The Hunter figure.

Hasbro's Dan Yun has revealed that there will be something else Marvel Legends related besides Kraven offered during the event. Something not yet revealed.

Remember this will be a two day event. We know Kraven will be going up tomorrow, but it's possible whatever this second item Dan is referencing might not go up until Friday. Of course when both items become available we will be sure to update you here.

Since I missed out on the prior Hasbro Kravens and am still using an old Toy Biz one in my display, this Walmart animated Kraven is unfortunately a must get for me. I'm sure the packaging will be mangled by the time it gets to me just like Lizard's was.

For the 2nd item that has yet to be revealed, could this be where we see the MCU figures for either Gamora or High Evolutionary? or perhaps a standard sized Cassie Lang?

Well this collector con is right up my alley then lol. I have the 2-pack Kraven on display but this one will be for the wall. And MCU based would be awesome, I just hope that doesn't mean What If. I wonder if it would be from a recent movie like Ant-Man or GOTG or if they're gonna pull another random character like the tracksuit mafia from an older show or movie. 

On 3/15/2023 at 12:14 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

so is this just Retro Kraven so far? I keep forgetting between this and the Target figures, I did hear a little rumour bird the other day say that MCU High Evolutionary might be one of the yet to be seen figures for this event.

I wouldn't put it past them to make him a Walmart exclusive, but it does seem kind of weird for them to make the main villain an exclusive to Walmart of all places. I don't remember them doing that for a movie in the past but then again we didn't even get any villains from MOM so clearly they're ok with doing stuff like that.

Nothing to base this on but I'm calling MCU Doc Ock. 

Why not, they just gave us the animated version with bendy arms.. and seems Wally World mostly does Cap or Spidey exclusives amd we (kinda) know one is in the works....

Could be a nice surprise

Finally something I can pass on. I have the Ronin and that two pack Kraven. I actually really like the repaint of Kraven. If they had changed that horrible face sculpt I'd be excited for him. Still would pick him up on clearance. Hope this is it for the day. I have so much on order right now.

Well I was way off on my guess.

So is this Ronin the same as the previous release but with an updated head sculpt? That's a bit disappointing 

They could have at least given us Kate as Ronin. 

Clint has been getting some love recently but Hasbro really needs to revisit his appearances from Avengers 1, AOU and Civil War. 

On 3/16/2023 at 2:33 PM, McHogan said:

Well I was way off on my guess.

So is this Ronin the same as the previous release but with an updated head sculpt? That's a bit disappointing 

They could have at least given us Kate as Ronin. 

Clint has been getting some love recently but Hasbro really needs to revisit his appearances from Avengers 1, AOU and Civil War. 

I think this works better as an exclusive. it's a reissue that is exclusive to Walmart. If it was a Kate Ronin (which would require a whole new smaller sculpt) people would be giving that that a new version of her was exclusive to Walmart.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:41 AM, tarot said:

I think this works better as an exclusive. it's a reissue that is exclusive to Walmart. If it was a Kate Ronin (which would require a whole new smaller sculpt) people would be giving that that a new version of her was exclusive to Walmart.

I don't disagree. even as an MCU collector, not sure this is different enough to bite. 

In reality, I was expecting something close to this. Kraven is basically a repaint with a new (bizarre) head. So I figured the MCU Exclusive wouldn't be much more

I preordered but I've got time to cancel if my inner completist decides I can live without

Kraven shows out of stock when I try to order, but if history is any lesson here then there will be more available later in the day. I'd much rather have one of the previous Hasbro releases of Kraven, but they're going for too much on the secondary market and I do like the retro card. I still only have my old Toy Biz version.

I would have bought Echo as Ronin, but have no interest in another Clint Ronin.

I'll try back on Kraven later, but at least got some deals on 50% off of some McFarlane DC Multiverse stuff.

Update: I was able to successfully pre-order Kraven at 11:11 CST after not being able to prior to that time.

They're really slamming hard on the late Hawkeye figures lol. Hopefully we see the D+ wave soon with the really exciting ones. I ordered both him and Kraven, Kraven is for the wall of other Spider-Man retro figures only, as I have the 2-pack version on the shelf. Ronin I really only got for the unmasked head because it looks pretty good, I actually bought an extra Ronin for the Hawkeye shelf after the show aired. Would have been nice to have gotten Kate as Ronin instead but I'm hopeful we get her as a new mold someday somewhere that isn't Walmart.

This looks cool and I'm already tempted, but at the same time frustrated. This is a figure with only one new part, the headsculpt which is how it should have been from the beginning. Couldn't they at least give it a few extra hands? Especially since they want to sell this as a Hawkeye version of Ronin (D+), with the added bow. No arrow drawing hands, though, no fists. I don't know, it's just an exclusive so no big deal, I guess. 

The same Ronin figure again? as I can see nothing new about this except it actually comes with the unmasked head, I guess this figure was pretty hard to get for a decent price these days, so for all of those who are happy this is back out, I'm glad you are, I'm cool with this, already have this, and I don't collect MCU anymore.

Oh yeah for Canadian Collectors, Walmart is including us this year

Kraven

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/marvel-legends-series-kraven-the-hunter-6-inch-collectible-action-figures-toys-for-ages-4-and-up-multi/6000206336978

Ronin

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/6000206337155

On 3/16/2023 at 5:50 AM, JayC said:

The Hasbro Marvel Legends Walmart Exclusive Disney+ Hawkeye Series Ronin figure is now available for pre-order on the Walmart website.

Ronin-02.jpg

Surely this is not the same figure from the Endgame/ Thanos BAF from 5 or so years ago? Hasbo would not add a new head and merely recycle the body?

Laughable. Dreadful!

On 3/16/2023 at 1:36 PM, Atlantis said:

Surely this is not the same figure from the Endgame/ Thanos BAF from 5 or so years ago? Hasbo would not add a new head and merely recycle the body?

Laughable. Dreadful!

I think it's the exact same figure, but now includes the head from the Quantum Suit 2 pack.

Does Clint even rock this hair style in the Hawkeye show? I don't recall, this is the hair style he had in Endgame, so it's not even like this is actually a Hawkeye D+ figure, it's technically just Endgame Clint in a misleading box.

On 3/16/2023 at 8:07 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I think it's the exact same figure, but now includes the head from the Quantum Suit 2 pack.

Does Clint even rock this hair style in the Hawkeye show? I don't recall, this is the hair style he had in Endgame, so it's not even like this is actually a Hawkeye D+ figure, it's technically just Endgame Clint in a misleading box.

Yup, that's what it is. 

I really hope we get an Echo soon, hopefully they don't make us wait for her show or Born Again. Posing her with Ronin would be awesome for the shelf. That scene made Hawkeye a legit badass. Still a pretty underrated show I think.

But it's very odd they'd tool a brand new Endgame head for Ronin but then label it under his Hawkeye appearance. It would have been just as easy to throw in the head from the Ultron wave figure instead.