The Next Walmart Collector-Con Announced For March 16th-17th

JayC

On 3/16/2023 at 9:01 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I really hope we get an Echo soon, hopefully they don't make us wait for her show or Born Again. Posing her with Ronin would be awesome for the shelf. That scene made Hawkeye a legit badass. Still a pretty underrated show I think.

But it's very odd they'd tool a brand new Endgame head for Ronin but then label it under his Hawkeye appearance. It would have been just as easy to throw in the head from the Ultron wave figure instead.

She has her own show coming which is supposed to be released before born again.

On 3/16/2023 at 4:01 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I really hope we get an Echo soon, hopefully they don't make us wait for her show or Born Again. Posing her with Ronin would be awesome for the shelf. That scene made Hawkeye a legit badass. Still a pretty underrated show I think.

That would be cool, but with the Disney+ show coming we'll probably wind up with every figure except the one we want. First we'll get the MCU version, which is totally to be expected, but will we get a comic version as well, and if we do which one will we get? Will it be her original costume with the cool handprint on her face, which would be my preference, or will it be her in the Ronin costume? Either way would be fairly inexpensive as her original costume can easily be done with the tried and true Shriek mold or they could go ultra cheesy and use either the Thanos Wave Ronin buck or the Hand Ninja buck with a Maya head sculpt.

Can't wait for more Walmart exclusives! Maybe we can get screwed out of pre-orders like happened to so many with the cel-shaded retro Spider-Man. Never received mine and even had a special case opened internally to track down any available product, with no result to date.  After this and other experiences, I have to say Walmart is one of the most incompetent retailers I've ever seen. 

Hasbro's Dan Yun today released an updated image for the Marvel Legends Bucky Cap 2.0 figure they announced in their last live-stream. This confirmed Walmart exclusive will be released later this year possibly during the Summer Walmart-Collector Con event that likely will take place in the July time frame.

Bucky-Cap.jpg

On 3/21/2023 at 9:05 AM, monron999 said:

Looks amazing. I'd love to see it in comparison next to the older version. The head still looks really tiny though. Almost looks like the same one.

I don’t see that at all.  Look at the jawline In comparison with the neck and the shoulders.  The mouth hole is small which might be throwing you off but that’s book accurate. 

On 3/21/2023 at 9:07 AM, TheJoaker said:

I don’t see that at all.  Look at the jawline In comparison with the neck and the shoulders.  The mouth hole is small which might be throwing you off but that’s book accurate. 

No, it's clearly not the same sculpt, you're right, the different jawline is immediately noticable, it was easy enough to compare pictures from the interweb, but does look similarly small like the last one. Maybe it's just cuz the Vulcan buck looks broader around the chest and shoulders than original buck, but this figure is clearly superior all around.

I still think this figure looks good, and I'm all for buying it, but the promo shot makes that face look a bit dated, but likely it's just the fault of the picture, I'm happy they are re-doing this guy, it's kinda a special figure since it ushered in the Bucky Cap Buck era which changed ML for the better and now being re-visited with the buck of the new era, seems fitting, looks very good, always was a fan of the suit bucky wore during his stint as Cap.

A new Bucky Cap is just one of those rare figures that I have zero interest in. I like sidekick Bucky and really like him as the Winter Soldier - but to me Captain America will always be Steve Rogers, not Bucky, Sam, John or anyone else.

On 3/21/2023 at 11:16 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I still think this figure looks good, and I'm all for buying it, but the promo shot makes that face look a bit dated, but likely it's just the fault of the picture, I'm happy they are re-doing this guy, it's kinda a special figure since it ushered in the Bucky Cap Buck era which changed ML for the better and now being re-visited with the buck of the new era, seems fitting, looks very good, always was a fan of the suit bucky wore during his stint as Cap.

I saw a picture on Reddit that was a little more clear and it looks great

On 3/21/2023 at 5:53 AM, JayC said:

Hasbro's Dan Yun today released an updated image for the Marvel Legends Bucky Cap 2.0 figure they announced in their last live-stream. This confirmed Walmart exclusive will be released later this year possibly during the Summer Walmart-Collector Con event that likely will take place in the July time frame.

Bucky-Cap.jpg

Maybe now they're motivated enough to do a true Captain America wave. 

Pinless Cap (from 20th anniversary mold)

Classic Falcon

Rogers (updated Terrax wave) with "energy" shield

Deadly Nightshade

Original Moonstone

Nomad

New Red Skull (Sinthea)

On 3/21/2023 at 8:16 AM, Reno said:

A new Bucky Cap is just one of those rare figures that I have zero interest in. I like sidekick Bucky and really like him as the Winter Soldier - but to me Captain America will always be Steve Rogers, not Bucky, Sam, John or anyone else.

Totally agree. Certain characters throughout literature have that "thing" that just makes them unique.  Often imitated, never duplicated. 

There Can Be Only One. 

On 3/21/2023 at 11:48 AM, McHogan said:

I've always liked Bucky's Cap suit and will be glad to get him updated in Legends. 

Did Alex Ross have a hand in Bucky Caps design? I ask because his Spider-Man concept was very similar 

kimag0gper481.png

Yes he designed it.  He also did a bunch of x-men costumes that are very similar.  You can probably type “Alex Ross x-men designs” and see them in images.  He likes the colorful shape on jet black look.  With them I believe they were in the shape of X though

On 3/21/2023 at 4:48 PM, McHogan said:

I've always liked Bucky's Cap suit and will be glad to get him updated in Legends. 

Did Alex Ross have a hand in Bucky Caps design? I ask because his Spider-Man concept was very similar 

kimag0gper481.png

Yes he did. This spiderman  costume was also rework into the assassin spiderman 

• 2 months later...

I originally had this Kraven pre-ordered but cancelled it out of spite after they (Walmart) cancelled my Star-Lord pre-order. I've since picked up the Rhino BAF version of Kraven which I didn't previously have to replace my old Toy Biz version.

On 6/21/2023 at 4:16 PM, Reno said:

I originally had this Kraven pre-ordered but cancelled it out of spite after they (Walmart) cancelled my Star-Lord pre-order. I've since picked up the Rhino BAF version of Kraven which I didn't previously have to replace my old Toy Biz version.

I never had any issues with Walmarts pre-orders until Star Lord. Thankfully I had decided that he isn't Star Lord to me so I was going to cancel anyway. Then I heard people were having issues so I thought maybe I should keep my order...  only for them to cancel me haha

This better not happen with their upcoming Bucky Cap. That IS a figure I want so surely this can't happen twice right?!?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 6:41 PM, McHogan said:

"... never had any issues with Walmarts pre-orders until Star Lord. Thankfully I had decided that he isn't Star Lord to me so I was going to cancel anyway. Then I heard people were having issues so I thought maybe I should keep my order...  only for them to cancel me haha..."

I'm the exact opposite; this IS the Star Lord for me and I wasn't happy about having to get it thru walmutt but I ordered it anyway. And then the so-and-so's cancelled it ANYWAY.