Characters Hasbro should redo/release.

Hogun

Which characters should Hasbro update? There are so many that deserve either an update through the same costume but with new parts or need a new figure through a different costume. For fun, let us try to pick characters that have not received anything new from Hasbro in the past two-years, with some notable exceptions and if a character has had a movie release but not a comic release within the timeframe, it counts towards this list.

1. Cable and 2. Bishop: This is a major surprise. We have not had a comic Cable or Bishop figure since 2018. Why hasn't Hasbro updated them and put them on a retro card or VHS box like they did with the other 90's X-Men? These are characters that I would have loved to have seen on a retro card with more accessories. Because that Sauron wave Bishop figure does not do him justice. Only one rifle? No effects or interchangeable hands? I almost passed up on him.

3. Angel: I am cheating on my own list here because I want 2010s Warren Worthington III Angel and not Archangel. I think he would be a great figure for Hasbro to tackle and with their new tech, I woud love to see what they can do to make the slimmer techno-organic wings. I still love my deluxe Archangel.

4. Comic Namor: I would like to see a new shirtless body for Namor. Keep his skimpy look because that is the look from the comics that everybody loves. But. maybe we can get a new shirtless body with sculpted nipples and pinless limbs to update him for our collection.

5. Mr. Fantastic: Hasbro should release him as a deluxe figure with a lot of new stretchy parts because the Walgreens one is a good figure for modern collectors. But it is not enough to satisfy the Mr. Fantastic fanboy in me. Give me a new stretched out torso or legs. Even a mallet would be cool. Heck, throw in a John Krasinski head because in some of the comics, some artists have already drawn him looking like John Krasinski.

Avengers 1 Cap is tops for me. His last release in the 3rd Endgame wave was a poor effort, Hasbro really phone in that release.

Next is MCU US Agent. His first figure was so inaccurate it has to be #1 on the long list of characters Hasbro dumped out to meet a deadline.

Next is Classic Dr. Strange. Dormammu, Omega Sentinel...

The longer Hasbro produces Legends the more posts like these will give us fodder to discuss figures that should have been done correctly the first time

i could go on all day, like many of you i’m sure, but just to name a few,
the #1 i’d like to see is Byrne’s Cyclops on the vulcan buck
A93A28EF-EDA2-48AD-B962-35F25486E6E0.thumb.jpeg.1b3680a60d1b5d88066d1363b72e6a7d.jpeg

and then classic Iron Man
with 100% accurate paint deco this time. pinless would be nice.
sorry i didn’t want A.I. Tony Stark.
652BA5E2-FD17-4A3E-B056-EB0633CD07E6.thumb.jpeg.b631331c62452919f2965275edea1f2c.jpeg

and the Human Torch with classic, opaque paint scheme.  
but i’d really just like to see the whole team redone with some love.
535B9D87-7784-4F3D-B261-778B6F4007FA.thumb.jpeg.8c8f07567acaf2295c623182964800f1.jpeg

and then (my favorite character) Archangel.  
PINK deco outlined with thin black lines.
better looking wings. and retracted wings also.
updated body. maybe vulcan buck.  
CCA9D4B1-3F18-44A3-9C20-63515AE5F67F.thumb.gif.efecfcfd5f4efc18849c6f007cfd005b.gif

and of course a classic Angel update.
my preferred look would be the Byrne costume.
6E7B6BD5-F717-42F0-B4BB-2CACF36C2B8E.thumb.jpeg.fc18d64dfea6240a037144999e9ed41d.jpeg

On 2/3/2023 at 4:30 PM, super-chillin said:

and then classic Iron Man
with 100% accurate paint deco this time. pinless would be nice.
sorry i didn’t want A.I. Tony Stark.
652BA5E2-FD17-4A3E-B056-EB0633CD07E6.thumb.jpeg.b631331c62452919f2965275edea1f2c.jpeg

This made me realize that I should have included this guy in my comment.

I'd love for Hasbro to pull a Renew Your Vows and give us the next definitive pinless Classic Iron Man already. I'd love it if they went full fanservice and included an alternate faceplate with the nose, and soles with rollerskates that could be plugged into the feet pegholes.

And while I know it wouldn't be entirely accurate, I'd love it if the figure used the same colors as Hasbro's first shot at Classic Iron Man:

e7ebbdf865df17e5f5d3c41feee56dfa.jpg The candy apple red and the flat lemon yellow provide such a nice visual contrast. Nowadays, Hasbro rarely differs the value of the colors they use, which is what makes their figures look so flat. They need to bring back using contrast.

Dan Ketch Ghost Rider

Red She-Hulk

Madame Mask

Classic Adam Warlock

Man-Thing

Dreadknight (or just re-release the Raft Set One)

Satana

Ares (fix those Ball Joints)

Ms. Marvel (Carol)

Falcon (Classic)

Marvel Monsters Box Set

Blastaar

Valkyrie

Yellowjacket

Radioactive Man

Bucky Barnes

Dum Dum Duggan

Black Heart

Hela

Brood

Abomination (needs to actually be as big or bigger then 80th Hulk)

Odin (Classic)

Wrecking Crew

Doc Samson

Nick Fury (Classic)

Anti Venom

Iron Patriot (Comic)

Lasher (more appropriate buck)

Nemesis

Purple Man

Ghost (fix those Ball Joints)

Misty Knight (more metal arm, less wacky eyes)

Mole Man

Annihilus

Mandarin (like come on mannnn)

Kingpin (.5" to .75" too tall)

Classic Nick Fury (the head on that figure is great, but the body should have been from Spider-Man UK)

Blade (The dark blues on the MK figure was an odd choice, the Kitana was just too generic, and the lack of a gun disappointing. I still don't like it, but I can accept the sculpted bits of hair on the top of the modern head, as artists have never been able to decide whether those pointy bits are hair or tattoos. No open mouth or at least a snarl to show off his fangs was also a disappointment)

• 2 weeks later...