GI Joe to Marvel Figures

Chunkylover

What GI Joe (or other toy line) figures transfer well to a Marvel Legends display? I used a GI Joe Gung Ho for the  extra Reaver head that came with Skullbuster. I know there are other options people have used.

It looks like the Lady Jaye figure could work as a Madelyne Pryor in flight suit, with the right head. It also occurs to me that some of the Press Gang could be made from repurposed GI Joe figures.

What figures have you found to be easy custom Legends?

On 2/6/2023 at 2:57 PM, Chunkylover said:

So a custom “Joe”? Cool. Did you do anything with the other pieces?

Scarlett was a clean "pop and swap"--with each head going to the respective bodies. I wanted a more "tactical" look for her than the gold and orange original outfit, and Natasha's blonde head fit Scarlett's old body, so......she became Bombstrike.
The "Gung-Ho" Reaver just used the extra Skullduster head ( Ryker??)--another clean swap, and gave him a Classified Roadblock's rain-gun weapon.  My excuse here is that I don't know the Reavers all that well so I'm not worried about them appearing canon/comic accurate.  Just some big muscular guys with high-tech weapons and a bit of cybernetics to them. 🙂

On 2/6/2023 at 5:50 PM, TheArrow said:

Scarlett was a clean "pop and swap"--with each head going to the respective bodies. I wanted a more "tactical" look for her than the gold and orange original outfit, and Natasha's blonde head fit Scarlett's old body, so......she became Bombstrike.
The "Gung-Ho" Reaver just used the extra Skullduster head ( Ryker??)--another clean swap, and gave him a Classified Roadblock's rain-gun weapon.  My excuse here is that I don't know the Reavers all that well so I'm not worried about them appearing canon/comic accurate.  Just some big muscular guys with high-tech weapons and a bit of cybernetics to them. 🙂

I think you're right on the Reavers just being muscular guys with guns. It's amazing how close the Gung-Ho actually comes to the comic look for Reese. I think he had a tactical vest. Probably not a giant tattoo. Still, I think he is the best option of the others I've seen (Nuke, Cable).

not really the same, but I do put random figures in my Joe displays like I have a Heist Killmonger with the Udon Taskmaster Head, also movie Akiko I have with the bunny mask on from Female Blue Ninja w/hood from Storm Shadow, and Movie Baroness with the Motorcycle Helmet on from the comic/cartoon figure. and Articulated Icons NInjas as Rando Ninjas.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:03 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

not really the same, but I do put random figures in my Joe displays like I have a Heist Killmonger with the Udon Taskmaster Head, also movie Akiko I have with the bunny mask on from Female Blue Ninja w/hood from Storm Shadow, and Movie Baroness with the Motorcycle Helmet on from the comic/cartoon figure. and Articulated Icons NInjas as Rando Ninjas.

I have no idea what those words mean.  😄 Pic?

Here are my made up Joe characters in my display, just kitbashs

from left to right

Cobra members : Countess (Baroness Clone), Killjoy (Cobra Assassin) & Indigo Dragon (Cobra Sorcerer)

Joe members : Brown Wolf (Arashikage Ninja), Trixx (Arashikage Ninja, daughter of Master Hatori) & Old Master Hatori (Elder Arashikage Ninja)

madeupjoecharacters.jpg

On 2/9/2023 at 3:55 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

from left to right

Cobra members : Countess (Baroness Clone), Killjoy (Cobra Assassin) & Indigo Dragon (Cobra Sorcerer)

Joe members : Brown Wolf (Arashikage Ninja), Trixx (Arashikage Ninja, daughter of Master Hatori) & Old Master Hatori (Elder Arashikage Ninja)

madeupjoecharacters.jpg

Cool. Did you do a little paint work on those? I don't have those skills. I like the easy headswap customs.

On 2/9/2023 at 3:55 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

from left to right

madeupjoecharacters.jpg

Nice work on these kit bashes. 

For the most part I only get Joe's if they have some parts I can use for my Legends. I also check out the Fortnite stuff too. Usually just accessories. 

But... I have swapped parts from other Legends to make "better" Legends. For example, I was not overly familiar with the Multiple Man so I took his unmasked head to make a helmet less Black Knight. Or I took the extra helmet  heads from the Pulse Exclusive SHIELD agents and popped then on Vulcans I got cheap. Instant assault team. 

It's easier to do when I have no connection to certain characters 

On 2/10/2023 at 12:40 PM, McHogan said:

Nice work on these kit bashes. 

For the most part I only get Joe's if they have some parts I can use for my Legends. I also check out the Fortnite stuff too. Usually just accessories. 

But... I have swapped parts from other Legends to make "better" Legends. For example, I was not overly familiar with the Multiple Man so I took his unmasked head to make a helmet less Black Knight. Or I took the extra helmet  heads from the Pulse Exclusive SHIELD agents and popped then on Vulcans I got cheap. Instant assault team. 

It's easier to do when I have no connection to certain characters 

Yeah I just find it fun to add to the Joe shelf, I feel like there is more wiggle room to make up characters then say Marvel, Joe characters can be anything, I just thought certain figures kitbashed would look cool on the shelf amongst the Joes, plus getting the Movie Joes for cheap but not wanting to display them as movie figures (I don't like that movie).

On 2/12/2023 at 10:56 PM, Benn said:

I too have some Gung Hos filling in as Reese, Cole, and Macon. They’re perfect for it. I also got Zartan, Croc Master,and some B.A.T.s to serve as background Reavers, and have been considering getting Zarana too.

How did you make Cole and Macon? Did you paint them? Do you have pictures of them? 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...