Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania Marvel Legends Reveals Tomorrow (2/7)!?!

JayC

This week should bring more Marvel Legends reveals and pre-orders. Hasbro's Dan Yun today gave us his usual tease on social media whenever a reveal is coming.

As we reported before, our sponsor Entertainment Earth has indicated there will be some kind of Marvel Legends pre-order happening on Wednesday (2/8). So the reveal will come tomorrow and the pre-order will happen the next day at 1pm ET.

That still leaves the big question of what exactly will be revealed this week and go up for pre-order? While we can't say for sure, the most likely thing would be the new wave of Marvel Legends that will feature figures for the upcoming Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania movie which opens in theaters on February 17, 2023. Already we have seen other companies like Hot Toys start to show off their products for the movie. I expect we will also soon see products from other companies like LEGO and Funko as well.

It is a little surprising the studio is withholding any official product reveals for the movie this close to the movie's release date and its not known how soon after they are revealed that they will actually start seeing release.

As for the figures that are expected to be shown from Hasbro, well the wave is rumored to include the following:

-MCU Ant-man
-MCU Wasp
-MCU Kang
-Egghead (likely Comic)
-Ultron (Comic)
-Crossfire (Comic)
-Unknown

No word on the Build-A-Figure though best guess has it being a MCU M.O.D.O.K. Also no indications yet whether there will be any additional store exclusives or 1-off deluxe type figures released for the movie.

Whatever is revealed tomorrow, be sure to check back here because we will have full coverage of it for you as soon as it happens.

I'd expect it to be related to the movie as well. Looks like the time's finally come for the reveal of this wave or at least some of the figures...if the whole delay was due to spoilery product(s). If the wave is scheduled for a summer release (as per leaks), the best that they can do for now is put it up for preorders, for the obvious reasons. 

Rektangular's leak list had Future Ant-Man as the other figure so I'll assume that's who it is unless/until we find out otherwise. He hasn't been wrong on anything yet.  I'm pretty certain to get Crossfire and Egghead. Future Ant-Man, Ultron and Wasp are maybes. I have zero interest in another MCU Scott, MCU Kang or MCU MODOK. Cassie is likely to be an exclusive somewhere but I'm pretty happy with the comic Stinger figure that I already have so likely won't be interested in her either. Maybe Bill Murray's character will get an exclusive somewhere also, and I'd definitely buy that!

On 2/6/2023 at 2:14 PM, Reno said:

The speculation that I've seen has mostly been that it will be the most recent Ultron figure repainted in gold.

I have heard it's Pymtron

I do hope finally we see these Ant-Man figures, at this point it's a for sure I want Crossfire and Egghead, depending on the Ultron and what it looks like it's a maybe, Future Ant-Man if it is true is also likely a get, the movies figures I'm probably passing on unless Hope looks really good.

Also all that being said, I don't want this to be a BAF I want to build, so I don't feel the urge to buy the figures I have likely no interest in, so I do hope it's MCU MODOK.

Egghead and MCU Kang are probably gonna be it for me from this wave. I dont really need another Ant-Man and Wasp nor interested in a gold Ultron which I am assuming will be a repaint of the one from the Villain wave. I've never read any stories with Crossfire so unless it looks really cool I will probably pass on him as well and IF the BAF is MCU Modok thats another one I dont feel a huge need for.

They've really kept this wave close to the hip with this movie. There must be some major spoilers there. Though I can't imagine anything will be that surprising. We all know that Kang won't actually be in mask, at least for very long. Suddenly all these actors need to stroke their egos so much they don't dare spend any time in costume anymore. I would imagine there will be a Cassie figure somewhere in this mix. Maybe the unknown character as she would be a 2nd female for the wave and I'm sure they wouldn't let the comic figures dominate this wave.

Hasbro has revealed via Gizmodo their new wave of Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania Marvel Legends figures which includes Ant-Man, Wasp, Kang and Stinger from the movie. Cassie is the Build-A-Figure. The wave also has comic based Future Ant-Man, Classic Ultron, Egghead and Crossfire.

Look for these to go up for pre-order tomorrow (2/8) at 1pm ET places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Antman-00.jpg

Antman-01.jpg

Antman-03.jpg

Antman-04.jpg

Antman-05.jpg

Antman-06.jpg

Antman-07.jpg

Antman-08.jpg

Antman-09.jpg

Antman-10.jpg

Antman-11.jpg

Antman-12.jpg

Antman-13.jpg

Antman-14.jpg

Antman-15.jpg

Antman-16.jpg

Antman-17.jpg

Antman-18.jpg

Antman-19.jpg

Antman-20.jpg

Antman-21.jpg

Antman-22.jpg

Antman-23.jpg

Antman-24.jpg

Antman-25.jpg

Antman-26.jpg

Antman-28.jpg

Antman-29.jpg

Antman-30.jpg

Antman-32.jpg

Antman-33.jpg

Antman-34.jpg

Antman-35.jpg

Antman-36.jpg

Antman-37.jpg

Antman-38.jpg

Antman-39.jpg

Antman-40.jpg

Antman-41.jpg

Antman-42.jpg

Antman-43.jpg

Antman-44.jpg

Antman-45.jpg

Antman-46.jpg

Antman-47.jpg

Antman-48.jpg

Antman-49.jpg

Antman-50.jpg

Antman-51.jpg

Antman-52.jpg

On the mcu side I will likely grab Kang especially as it appears he will be appearing in multiple films (I think?). Don't need another Ant-Man or Wasp and probably not Cassie either.   Egghead and Crossfire both look good.  Somebody else will have to highlight the differences between this Ultron and the Ursa Major wave version;  as it stands, i don't see enough different to merit another purchase.    So in the end likely 3 purchases from this wave for me

Crossfire looks comic accurate and a definite buy. Egghead is portrayed much thinner than I remember, I thought for sure they would use the Doc Ock upper torso and put him on regular length legs. But he's still one I will pick up... the only true Hank Pym villain we have ever gotten. Whirlwind being the Wasp's enemy and Ultron and Grim Reaper being Avenger's villains with strong Pym ties. The Kang looks actually really detailed and I hope this is the final costume he ends up in in the movie, so I'm on the fence with that one. Future Ant-Man looks to be a comic figure, which is cool, but I have never heard of him. He reminds me of Black Manta from DC with that head sculpt. Another one I will debate getting. I definitely don't need another MCU Wasp, Ant-Man nor do I need a Stinger/Stature. Ultron looks like the comic one we got recently, maybe the eyes and mouth are a little different or paint app'ed differently.  Gonna pass on that one at these prices as well.

Thanks Jay! My initial thoughts from seeing this wave:

Crossfire, Egg-Head and Future Ant-Man (Ant-Man of 2549, Dr. Zayn Asghar) are all instant buys for me. I love how all three of them look! I could honestly see myself buying multiples of Egg-Head if I find additional ones at a reduced price.

That new Hope looks like a huge improvement over the first one and is now a must-buy for me as well. I'm not generally big into MCU figures but Hope (as Nadia, which means Hope) is an important character in the comics herself and we've never gotten a comic figure of her.

I'm on the fence with Ultron as this isn't at all what I expected. I'm going to have to see some comparisons of him and the other most recent one to decide if I want him or not upfront. He's probably not a buy at full price but I'd probably jump at a reduced price down the line and possibly even buy multiples.

That MCU Kang is honestly so much better than I expected. I originally had zero interest in him but I'm honestly finding myself seriously rethinking that. I'll probably want to see side-by-side pictures of this one and the comic version from the Joe Fixit wave before deciding, but it's likely that I'll stick with the comic version.

I already have so many MCU Scott figures that I just don't really want another one. It would be nice if he doesn't come with a BAF part for that reason.

I'm glad that Cassie is the BAF rather than MCU MODOK, as I'm far more likely to want her (I really like the Stinger figure they did in the 2-pack a couple of years ago), but even then she's only a maybe for me - but the fact that it's her rather than MODOK makes it more likely that I'll end up buying the whole wave, even if I wait for some markdowns for some of the figures. I might like a version of her as Stature rather than Stinger. One point of confusion that I have though, is the only Cassie figure the BAF or does she have a regular sized figure in the wave as well? That wasn't crystal clear to me based upon Jay's original write-up. I'm thinking she's just the BAF, but not certain. I'm sure that even if she's only the BAF there will likely be another regular sized version of her some point, possibly as a store exclusive. Honestly it probably doesn't matter to me anyway as I'd likely only want the BAF version. Thanks!

Cassie is tempting, I mean really really tempting, but just the comic figure for me.

Crossfire I have been wanting for a while.

Egghead, yes he is thinner in the recent comics, but I always thought of him and chubby.

Future antman is a really new character only introduce late last year but a new character is a new character.

Ultron I'm on the fence about. Seem to be based on the rage of ultron design but it is mostly just a new head.

I think it was worth the wait, even if the release is still far away. All the figures here look great. The only one I think isn't impressive and personally I don't care about is Ultron. Crossfire looks really cool and I didn't expect to like Egghead as much as I do. Not really any familiarity with future Ant Man, so not much for me here. Kang is gorgeous, although I'm a little disappointed there is no unhelmeted head. Ant man and the Wasp are a couple of figures I thought I could avoid, cause Wasp isn't that much different from the one I have and Ant Man's suit didn't look exciting enough for me to wanna buy him again. I thought I could save some money here (I'd be more interested in a normal size Cassie figure anyway), but the temptation is real. 

On 2/7/2023 at 3:47 PM, GnarlyCharlie85 said:

Love the crossfire and egg head any comic villians are awesome. The ultron looks surprisingly good considering it is just a new head sculpt. The mcu figures look good as always but an easy pass. I think the gun egg head has is the one in the comics that explodes and kills him pretty cool.

He ain't dead anymore  he fake his death.