Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania Marvel Legends Reveals Tomorrow (2/7)!?!

JayC

On 2/7/2023 at 4:47 PM, McHogan said:

I hope you are correct.  From a quick search a standard 6" Legends was about waist high on Giant Man. The pic here makes it look like the proportions on Cassie are the same but I know until we get her in hand there may not be a way to see for sure how tall she is 

You may be right, Giant Man stands at 10" and Surtur is about a foot to his head (not crown). But I think she kind of splits the difference a bit, I'd wager she stands around 11". Watching Shartimus's reviews of those two figures, it's easy to tell because he uses BTLD Spidey for all his comparisons, he comes up to Surtur's hips and to just below Giant Man's ab crunch, meanwhile Ant-Man comes up to Cassie's waist in the promotional pictures.  

I ended up pre-ordering Kang but will take my chances with the rest. I'm not anticipating having a hard time finding any of them but I know the comic Kang is pricey on the secondary market. 

I used Amazon as opposed to Pulse because if I do find Kang in the wild returns are so much more hassle free. I went through return process with Pulse once, or tried to, and it was unnecessarily complicated. 

I went ahead and pre-ordered the whole wave (minus Scott) from BBTS, but the only three that I'm really excited about are Crossfire, Egghead and Future Ant-Man but still liked Kang, Ultron and Wasp enough to go ahead and build Cassie.

Really not blown away by this wave. I don't buy MCU figures, but, even if I did, who really needs ANOTHER MCU Ant-Man and Wasp figure? Crossfire looks pretty cool, and Egghead doesn't look bad, but I don't have enough interest to buy these guys unless maybe they were on clearance. Ultron is basically the same one that we got not too long ago, and it's a HUGE wasted opportunity to not give us PymTron in favor of another generic Ultron figure. PymTron has the coolest Ultron body design, and they easily could've given us the alternate heads. Future Ant-Man reminds me too much of DC's Manta Ray, and I really think it's unfair that a brand new character who's only had one appearance in the comics already gets his own figure, while others who've been around for decades aren't even being considered. Money saving wave for me.

Ultron.webp

On 2/8/2023 at 4:00 PM, GarimusPrime said:

Really not blown away by this wave. I don't buy MCU figures, but, even if I did, who really needs ANOTHER MCU Ant-Man and Wasp figure?

On 2/8/2023 at 4:02 PM, tarot said:

To be fair, it is their wave. It would be weird if they weren't included.

Yeah, we should all be pretty familiar with how these MCU waves operate by now. While I'm not opposed to all MCU figures, I am tired of the redundancy, even if they are getting "better" as they go. At this point I'm just buying new characters or redos of characters that are really, really in need of update. This wave's Kang is new and also awesome so I'm in on that, but the wave, in it's entirety, is really no more or no less than I've come to expect at this point. Not my flavor, but otherwise no real surprises for me.

On 2/8/2023 at 1:00 PM, GarimusPrime said:

"...Really not blown away by this wave. I don't buy MCU figures, but, even if I did, who really needs ANOTHER MCU Ant-Man and Wasp figure?" ....

"...Ultron is basically the same one that we got not too long ago, and it's a HUGE wasted opportunity to not give us PymTron in favor of another generic Ultron figure. PymTron has the coolest Ultron body design, and they easily could've given us the alternate heads..."

".... Future Ant-Man reminds me too much of DC's Manta Ray, and I really think it's unfair that a brand new character who's only had one appearance in the comics already gets his own figure..."

MCU figures don't normally move me either, but I can't see them doing this wave without Ant-Man & the Wasp. Overall though I can see fans picking up most if not all these figures on discount. This could have been a way better wave by including Yellowjacket; I think out of the 4 comic figures, two are just egregiously unnecessary. I would've kept Crossfire, but gone with classic Wasp (that 50s/60s headset just screams retro), classic Whirlwind (easy for them to do), and Equinox. But hey, we're seeing once again how hasbo does it.

Disapponted that they didn't do a normal size approx 6" Cassie.  I don't mind here Giant Form being the BAF, but it's weird we don't get her in 6" scale at this time.  I suspect if anything, they will release a 6" Cassie later on, as I suspect it will be in a Mulitpack of sorts.  I wager a 2 pack with Scott Lang Ant-man, unless they go left field and give us Hank Pym and/or Janet Pym, and make it a 3 Pack with them.  Or a 3 Pack with Scott, Kang, and her.  But I suspect it will more be 2 pack with Scott.

I do like this Scott Lang Ant-man's design.  I need to check out my collection, but I don't remember if I bought the a regular size 6" MCU version or not(I still have stuff I haven't opened in years).  I don't remember if Civil War had a regular 6" one or not but I feel I would of gotten it if they did, however I know they had his Giant Man form.  I passed on the 1st Ant-man Movie, as well as the Ant-man And The Wasp(Didn't like the smirk look on his face), as I don't think Endgame had a 6" figure as well.  At any rate, going to Pass on Ant-man 3 Scott at this time, only because there is a part of me that really thinks they are going to put him in a 2 Pack with Cassie.  We'll see.

Nice little updates with Wasp, but I'm okay with the 1 I got in Ant-man And The Wasp, as I think I would only want the Short Hair head of Hope.  Not enough of a reason for me.  Kang is a must have for me, even more so after I missed out on the recent Comic Book 1.  The design is pretty fateful to the comics, and I like the added cape to the figure, as it gives up a "Conqueror" look to him even more.  I suspect though they may decide to re-release Kang with a non-blue head down the road, but I'm okay without it, as Blue is Kang to me.  

Don't need Ultron(I'm okay with the 1 released back during Iron Man 3), but it's good for those who missed out on the Classic Look.  Egghead looks nice, as he is a maybe for me.  I know nothing about Crossfire(May have to do a bit of research on him), but he seems like a really cool design villian, enough to put under "Strongly Consider". 

On 2/8/2023 at 5:02 PM, tarot said:

To be fair, it is their wave. It would be weird if they weren't included.

I absolutely get that. It's just my hatred for MCU figures combined with the fact that they've already been done at least twice over. It's just redundant. I totally get the need to include MCU figures, but, maybe at least do characters that haven't been done yet? Kang is a given, of course. Instead of Scott and Hope for the umpteenth time, how about doing MCU Hank and Janet? Oh well, either way, I won't be buying them. I only buy comic-based figures, and the ones they chose for this wave really don't excite me. There are some way better choices they could've made, while still keeping their selections in the Pym/Lang/Van Dyne family.

On 2/9/2023 at 1:34 AM, GarimusPrime said:

I absolutely get that. It's just my hatred for MCU figures combined with the fact that they've already been done at least twice over. It's just redundant. I totally get the need to include MCU figures, but, maybe at least do characters that haven't been done yet? Kang is a given, of course. Instead of Scott and Hope for the umpteenth time, how about doing MCU Hank and Janet? Oh well, either way, I won't be buying them. I only buy comic-based figures, and the ones they chose for this wave really don't excite me. There are some way better choices they could've made, while still keeping their selections in the Pym/Lang/Van Dyne family.

Because Scott and Hope are the main characters. You don't make a wave without them. It would be like saying doing a Spider-man wave and putting only X-men character into it. That doesn't make it a Spider-man wave. They HAVE to put the main characters into it. It doesn't matter if it's the third or fourth time they are being made (even though each is a new design). They are going to be in it. No ifs, ands, or buts

On 2/8/2023 at 4:34 PM, GarimusPrime said:

I absolutely get that. It's just my hatred for MCU figures combined with the fact that they've already been done at least twice over. It's just redundant. I totally get the need to include MCU figures, but, maybe at least do characters that haven't been done yet? Kang is a given, of course. Instead of Scott and Hope for the umpteenth time, how about doing MCU Hank and Janet? Oh well, either way, I won't be buying them. 

Also, its not just that its an Ant-Man movie, so of course, the wave has to have him and the Wasp....its also that the MCU itself just doesn't have the bench the comics have. This isn't a slam either way, just facts....they've got 80 years of characters from which hasbro (or another company, imagine that) can make figures of. MCU would have to scrape the barrel and do civilian characters (like Luis) and even then, they'll never have the numbers to fulfill a wave the way most comic characters can.  Can't really blame hasbo on this one, that's the hand they're dealt.

On 2/8/2023 at 11:01 PM, tarot said:

Dan having to explain why it took so long for the wave to be revealed and why it's not release until later in the year, makes me think people really can't look stuff up.

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1623454994245771264?s=20&t=Y-SZk-aGBuYfdzNozCCeTw

Doing the research is too hard

On 2/8/2023 at 7:34 PM, GarimusPrime said:

They're not gonna not make the title characters of the movie. That's like, not even a discussion.  The wave exists because there's a movie coming to theaters.

As for why they didn't make Pymtron, while that's a figure I would've preferred over the one they wound up making, there's no way they had enough leftover in the tooling budget for that. That's a design that'd require another 100 percent brand new sculpt.

On 2/8/2023 at 3:00 PM, GarimusPrime said:

Really not blown away by this wave. I don't buy MCU figures, but, even if I did, who really needs ANOTHER MCU Ant-Man and Wasp figure? 

Me, that's who. I'm a MCU completionist, so I want every character from every movie as a figure. Do I want Hank and Janet? YES! Do I want them instead of Scott and Hope? NO! I'd have been furious if Hasbro had done that. But Hasbro has been doing more civilians lately, so I could see Hank and Janet coming eventually.

Now I realize I'm unusual, but for the people who only have one of each character in their collections, these are both huge updates to their previous incarnations, both in terms of costume and figure design. Asking why we need a new Ant-Man and Wasp in this wave is like asking why we need Extremis Iron Man when we have classic Iron Man. Or why we need Astonishing Cyclops when we have Jim Lee Cyclops. Different people want different looks for characters and they both complete certain displays. I can't make a Quantumania display without the main characters as they appear in the movie. 

I think many of us are on the same page as far as not really needing another figure for Scott and Hope, but yeah completely ridiculous to expect hasbro not to make figures for these two in an Ant Man movie wave.  

I suspect there will be a separate figure or 2-pack as well - probably either normal sized Cassie or MODOK.  I suppose there is a small chance for Hank or Jan figs but I wouldn't count on those.

And certainly this wave is another one that may make us question how long the mixed BAF waves will continue, hard to see too many hot sellers in this wave.  But at the end of the day that's Hasbro's problem, I'll just keep cherry picking (mostly after things get marked down) and hope the line doesn't die anytime soon

On 2/9/2023 at 3:00 PM, tarot said:

There is also the fact that Michelle Pfeiffer and Michael Douglas are said to not want to give their likeness to products. Funko can get away with it because they look nothing like the actors. Hasbro, Hot Toys, Figma, Figurart and more wouldn't be allowed to make them.

It is a shame, but it is their choice. Though Pfeiffer's Catwoman has been done a number of times but they can probably get away with that since the mask covers most of the face and there's no unmasked heads