Ant-Man And The Wasp Quantumania Marvel Legends Reveals Tomorrow (2/7)!?!

JayC

Kang looks phenomenal!!! So excited for him. I really like the new Wasp outfit. It feels more comic bookie to me. Head sculpt looks nice. Hope the MCU ant man is the no BAF. It just seems repetitive. I like that the big Cassie has an unmasked head so she is more like Stature. I still hope for a comic BAF someday.

Egghead and Crossfire are definitely must haves. The future Ant Man does look cool, but yeah that is fast for a figure. I literally just read that Ewing series a few days ago. I like him but a proper Black Ant for the Hydravengers would be more useful. Or an O Grady Ant Man. Actually this woulda been a great chance for a WCA jumpsuit Pym. I agree with the sentiment on Ultron. But I would get him for the baf piece. Are the spikes new as well as the head. I'll have to check when I get home. 

Overall, pretty happy with them.

Wave looks pretty nice, The MCU figures are looking good especially Wasp & Kang and the Cassie BAF, but I have little interest. not sure what's up with the barely anything new about it Ultron, it's the same figure with a new head and more silvery paint, easy Pass.

Will certainly be getting Crossfire, Egghead and Future Ant-Man, I might down the road get Wasp just because she looks really nice and I can add her to my Ladies of Marvel shelf, but not really interested in building the BAF, so the only important buys for me are the comic characters minus Ultron.

On 2/7/2023 at 11:44 AM, Atlantis said:

FUTURE Ant-Man? Come on, that should have been Yellowjacket. MCU Kang looks good. I'm surprised that Egg Head looks as good as he does.

Agreed that spot could have been filled with someone a bit more well needed like Yellowjacket or even an updated Pym Ant-Man, or Bill Foster Goliath, Cassie as Stature or Raz or Nadia, but I like Future Ant-Man, he's cooling looking and a new character who isn't Scott, Hank or Eric.

really Both Future Ant-Man and Ultron should have been someone else, the Ultron is really unnecessary IMO. 

That Kang figure is a work of art!!!The detailing on the costume alone is insane! Man I wish they were this reverent on the High Evolutionary's MCU design, but anyhow, this figure looks amazing and I'll likely pick it up.

Which Ultron is that exactly? Still looks classicy...which is annoying, because I kinda like this head sculpt too. Crossfire, yes. Egghead....you know, I think I might get him after all; they made good on a really odd character with this figure!

Agree with everyone that Kang looks amazing. Figures like this reduce the sting of the MSRP just a bit. You could make an argument that he is worth the recent  price hike for the sculpting alone.

Ant-Man and Wasp look like great updates and Cassie looks pretty great too. The new Rudd sculpt is amazing.. Hasbro's work with face printing has been outstanding of late.

Egghead and Crossfire are welcome additions to my Avengers foes collection. I'm pretty excited to get both, they are both from my favorite era of the Avengers (70's-80s vol1)

Ultron...err.... OK looks cool. May be able to army build from this guy... kinda feel like most collectors scratched that Ultron itch with the last comic accurate version so he may be easy to find.  I mean, do we EVER need another Ultron after they hit a home run with the last one?

Future Ant-Man looks to be an "Orb" level of wasted spots. Once this guy goes on clearance he may be a candidate to grab a few and army build as a futuristic soldier type... maybe... this guy gets a Legend while I'm still waiting on red jumpsuit Pym from the West Coast Avengers...bah

Fun character selection for the most part. Kinda wish anytime they decide to go giant they'd go Surtur scale.. it's still not perfect but better than "just a bit taller"....

Ant-Man films are perfect for mixed waves. They hit the main characters while getting us some awesome comics drops too.

But... we still very much need Hank Pym and Janet.

On 2/7/2023 at 2:18 PM, leokearon said:

No must gets here for me. I might pick up Crossfire and Egghead if reduced 

I may grab a few extra EggHeads for other scientist-y types. He isn't chubby like he was in comics so we may get a comic Pym out of this body... 

Crossfire is cool but he reminds me of LifeLine from G.I.Joe. or the Swiss Flag... a little of both I guess

didn’t really need another one but am still liking this Ultron. reminds me more of his secret wars look.  
the red lighting inside his head looks really good. and he appears to be made of silver plastic this time.. which means i wouldn’t feel the need to handle him as gently as the other ha.

I find it very strange for some reason that Cassie has an unmasked head despite being in giant form. Have we ever seen either Scott or Hope unmasked while at a different size? Aside from when Scott became kid-sized in the second one. I wish that head sculpt was normal size though, that face printing is stellar. They all are.

On 2/7/2023 at 10:26 AM, McHogan said:

"...Ultron...err.... OK looks cool. May be able to army build from this guy... kinda feel like most collectors scratched that Ultron itch with the last comic accurate version..."

"...Future Ant-Man looks to be an "Orb" level of wasted spots. 🤣 Once this guy goes on clearance..."

Agree....Think the better choice would've been to do Yellowjacket instead of future Ant-Man and swap classic Wasp for Ultron.  I agree that the last Ultron we got was great; if I were to do him again though I'd make him bigger (broader). Given how hasbro seems to think on these things, this would probably have been the best time for them to do these figures. Sure, we could get a classic Wasp, classic Ant-Man, and Yellowjacket for an Avengers wave, but it seems that they'd have a better chance of appearing in their own dedicated wave. Oh well.

On 2/7/2023 at 12:38 PM, Air-Walker said:

Which Ultron is that exactly? Still looks classicy...which is annoying, because I kinda like this head sculpt too. Crossfire, yes. Egghead....you know, I think I might get him after all; they made good on a really odd character with this figure!

I have no idea the exact designation but some people on Reddit and Twitter have said it's likely based on Jerome Opeña's depiction of the character. It isn't given a numerical designation in the story but it's from the opening prologue that's supposed to be set some time during the Steve Englehart Avengers run.

CySf-M5UcAEG0Qj.jpg:large

Kang looks spectacular. Cassie/Statue (or whatever her codename will be in the MCU) also looks really nice, but I admit I was expecting MODOK to be the BAF here. Wonder if they'll still do him as an exclusive or something. 

On 2/7/2023 at 12:26 PM, McHogan said:

Fun character selection for the most part. Kinda wish anytime they decide to go giant they'd go Surtur scale.. it's still not perfect but better than "just a bit taller"....

Looking at the comparison shot with her and Ant-Man, I think Cassie may actually be around Surtur size, she definitely seems bigger than the MCU Giant Man BAF.

Honestly though, I think Legends has surpassed SHF at this point. The proportions, detail on the suits, colors and facial likenesses are incredible in this wave. These figures are absolutely beautiful. Also I just realized Cassie has the diaphragm swivel and waist crunch combo that the a few figures have used recently. Love it, we need to see that on every figure, it just makes posing so much easier and more natural looking, even on a character that doesn't need to be super flexible.

Cherry Picker's Paradise, baby. I do like them all, but the whole MCU bit is getting tiresome to me. Yes, I know as each movie comes out the looks of the characters continue to evolve, but I'm tired of buying the same character over and over again, and I'm no Actor Figure Collector so I can pass on them for now. I may pick them up if they go on sale, and I'm fairly confident they will. The BAF doesn't do anything else to convince me either. If you're gonna do an Giant Man figure or a Cassie (Stature, I assume) figure do it right. Don't give us some "Kinda Tall Girl" figure like they did with the (Just Barely) Giant Man Wave. I do love that Deadshooooo.......errrrrr, I mean Crossfire figure. That's one I never thought we'd see. I agree that Egghead should be more "body positive" but I guess he'll do for now, and at least they didn't put him on the Spaghetti Man suited buck. Future Ant-Man is a waste of time, space and effort (if there was actually any at all), and I see absolutely nothing different, besides a few angles in the eyes, between the Ursa Major wave Ultron and this one. Of course, Kang does look cool, and he is a never-done-before character, so I'll be picking him up. Still on the fence about Stinger, but the first Wasp figure was surprisingly superb, so I'll be happy to be surprised again.

On 2/7/2023 at 5:48 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Looking at the comparison shot with her and Ant-Man, I think Cassie may actually be around Surtur size, she definitely seems bigger than the MCU Giant Man BAF.

I hope you are correct.  From a quick search a standard 6" Legends was about waist high on Giant Man. The pic here makes it look like the proportions on Cassie are the same but I know until we get her in hand there may not be a way to see for sure how tall she is