Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 3. Marvel Legends Wave - What Can We Expect?

JayC

On 2/21/2023 at 1:21 PM, Hogun said:

"Oof! This wave looks bland. Who at Hasbro thought it would be a good idea to make Cosmo the Space Dog the BAF of the wave? It is like they do not want collectors to build a figure..."

Bland as stale toast (again though, hasbo had to work with what they were given).  I'd say, Cosmo will be around again soon enough and everyone can just let this wave go on discount, pick up the ones you want later. No urgency here.

On 2/21/2023 at 5:19 PM, McHogan said:

Seems it was hinted that not all the Guardians make it out... ah doom and gloom predictions... remember when fans predicted a blood bath in Endgame? Final tally of fallen heroes was like 2?!?!? Guess we wait and see

Personally I really hope they do end this version of the GoTG in this movie. I really would hate to see this thing proceed past it's sweet spot and befall the same sad fate as the Thor franchise. Taika hit that perfect balance with Ragnarok, but since then it's like Gunn and Taika are constantly trying to out slapstick each other. The trailer for this movie doesn't do much to ensure me otherwise. Have this team die off by sacrificing themselves while saving the galaxy, as the team name indicates and then have another group of Ravagers step in to take their place and base it on the Classic team using some or all the characters that were at the end credits of the first movie. They've already been introduced and they were shown to be having a reunion of sorts. I'd buy into that.

On 2/22/2023 at 6:14 PM, monron999 said:

Personally I really hope they do end this version of the GoTG in this movie. I really would hate to see this thing proceed past it's sweet spot and befall the same sad fate as the Thor franchise. Taika hit that perfect balance with Ragnarok, but since then it's like Gunn and Taika are constantly trying to out slapstick each other. The trailer for this movie doesn't do much to ensure me otherwise. Have this team die off by sacrificing themselves while saving the galaxy, as the team name indicates and then have another group of Ravagers step in to take their place and base it on the Classic team using some or all the characters that were at the end credits of the first movie. They've already been introduced and they were shown to be having a reunion of sorts. I'd buy into that.

I agree, this should be the last time that we see this version of the team. Not everyone has to die, but if that happens it'd have to be in a way that makes sense, cause killing off 6 or 7 characters in one movie is a bit too much. 

On 2/21/2023 at 6:13 PM, McHogan said:

I wondered how Morlun and Shriek went over for Spidey fans. I'm not very familiar with either but I'd guess it'd be like Avengers fans getting Jocasta, Rage, or Hellcat... Longshots that go a long way towards filling out our collections. 

I grabbed a Morlun and was going to try to kitbash a Jarvis. But the neck is to"vampire-y" and I never came across a head that would work. 

I can see both sides of the argument on mixed waves. I love the upcoming Avengers wave (though Orb still bugs me as both a wasted spot and a terrible character haha) but as mentioned getting updated Scott and Hope figures in the same wave as classic Avengers villains is pretty cool. While I didn't need a D'Spayre or Sleepwalker those were some awesome figures. In MOM'S case I'd rather have gotten a Reed Richards or Captain Marvel/ Captain Carter but I wasn't too bummed as the comic offerings were so good.

But this is probably the root on why I flip flop on mixed waves: trying to fill both MCU and Comic lineups while in some instances getting those gem characters. Pretty good "problem" to have I guess 

Morlun and Shriek were essentials to me, Morlun being more or less the main villain of Spider-Verse and Shriek to fill out the Maximum Carnage team. I'm never going to bemoan comic fans getting the figures they want, but I think I'd have preferred an entire wave of Spider-Man comic figures that contained Shriek and Morlun over their inclusion in the movie wave because then we could have gotten more comic and movie figures. Again, that wasn't really viable for NWH because of secrecy. But I'm very glad the GOTG wave was all movie and I hope Hasbro gives comic fans a whole cosmic wave at some point.

On 2/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, JohnF said:

I agree, this should be the last time that we see this version of the team. Not everyone has to die, but if that happens it'd have to be in a way that makes sense, cause killing off 6 or 7 characters in one movie is a bit too much. 

Yeah, no-one is going to want a killfest, I would say one of them dies as a heroic sacrifice and the others disband the team. However a Stinger hints at a new Guardians team

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/24/2023 at 10:12 PM, McHogan said:

I know my Walmart has only had remnants of the Black Panther and the D+ Wave with He Who Remains. Used to be a reliable store for newer stuff. But never saw and XMen retro or much else lately 

same here, ditto for my local Targets - just various D+ and BP figures right now.  haven't seen any proper 2023 figures at either WM or Target yet

I could tell this weekend that my Target was trying to clear out space for these. They had all of their remaining Legends on final clearance. Ironheart was $9.49 and all of the remaining Khonshu wave were $7.49. I was disappointed that I missed the Joe Classified Croc Master and Fiona though. It had already been cleared out at $19.99. I was hoping to get a couple of Fionas...

My Walmart still has plenty of Black Panther Legacy, Bonebreaker wave and Khonshu wave figures... and all still at full price. They marked a ton of those Masterverse SkeleGod figures down to $5, though and the Dr. Strange Multiverse of Madness lego set with Gargantos was marked down to $10.

I still only want Cosmo and Kraglin from this set, but will be buying everyone anyway I guess (except Star-Lord and Deluxe Groot). Still curious as to if/when we'll see a Gamora or High Evolutionary for this movie in stores, though. I don't really have a desire for either - but seems weird that they're omitted. Maybe they felt burnt by the Fantastic Four retro High Evolutionary and decided to not to go down that road again. It's a shame, because I really like that figure. Both it and Psycho Man are fantastic but were clearanced out everywhere I saw for like $8 for a very long time.... 

The suits are way too blue..Cosmo way too big for some reason. This wave definitely has some good things don't get me wrong, but I really wish some other things were different. Maybe the colours were the result of concept art, but what about the lack of accessories, what about Cosmo as the BAF? I shouldn't start again though. 

On 3/27/2023 at 12:46 PM, JohnF said:

The suits are way too blue..Cosmo way too big for some reason. This wave definitely has some good things don't get me wrong, but I really wish some other things were different. Maybe the colours were the result of concept art, but what about the lack of accessories, what about Cosmo as the BAF? I shouldn't start again though. 

Seeing these figures in more pictures I actually like how these suits look, yeah way more blue then they are depicted in the movie, but they look really good IMO, I'm out on buying movie figures now, but if this was the same time last year I'd have a hard time saying no to these, Yeah Cosmo is way too big, seems way off scale you are right.

On 3/27/2023 at 8:05 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Seeing these figures in more pictures I actually like how these suits look, yeah way more blue then they are depicted in the movie, but they look really good IMO, I'm out on buying movie figures now, but if this was the same time last year I'd have a hard time saying no to these, Yeah Cosmo is way too big, seems way off scale you are right.

Perhaps I'll like them better in hand, because I'm still getting most of them. Compared to the movie colours though, I must say I prefer that version.