New Teaser Poster For The Marvels

JayC

On 2/17/2023 at 11:33 AM, Chunkylover said:

It's an interesting idea. I haven't watched the movies or shows lately. Does it make sense to have them together? Has Photon been in anything yet?

I think the arrangement and posing of the actresses on the poster is kind of weird though. 

Monica had a pretty significant role in WandaVision. Something about her being forced through the energy field that cut the town off from the rest of the world has something to do with her gaining her abilities. If she's been in anything since then I can't remember. Then again, I only watched Ms. Marvel in the background while I was working on my house and I haven't watched anything since.

Monica Monica! totally currently only excited about this movie for Monica, I really hope they give her a lot in this movie, and really build her into an important character moving forward, I wasn't a fan of Kamala Khan and am afraid of her goofy characterization, it worries me she's going to ruin the dynamic these characters have together, also wasn't really a big fan of the first Cap Marvel movie so meh.

one can only presume this is how these characters might be portrayed in figure form, Monica probably be the coolest out of them all, if it were last year at this time I'd say I'd likely want to get the figure, but as of recent I've decided I'm going to be entirely out of collecting Movie figures.

Oh dang, I forgot it got pushed to November lol. That's a pretty long gap between Guardians 3 and Marvels, but I know there's a few shows that'll probably come out between then. But I'm hoping we get those GOTG Legends reveals soon. I don't remember there being anything particularly spoilery in the listings that wasn't in the trailer.

This is a pretty cool teaser poster though, I'm digging Danvers' new suit a lot for some reason, the rolled up sleeves are cool. Very excited to see Monica in action and I'm curious how they'll all come together after that Ms. Marvel post credit scene.

On 2/17/2023 at 1:04 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Monica Monica! totally currently only excited about this movie for Monica, I really hope they give her a lot in this movie, and really build her into an important character moving forward, I wasn't a fan of Kamala Khan and am afraid of her goofy characterization, it worries me she's going to ruin the dynamic these characters have together, also wasn't really a big fan of the first Cap Marvel movie so meh.

one can only presume this is how these characters might be portrayed in figure form, Monica probably be the coolest out of them all, if it were last year at this time I'd say I'd likely want to get the figure, but as of recent I've decided I'm going to be entirely out of collecting Movie figures.

That's where I'm at. I wanna be excited for Monica, but it all comes down to how Marvel Studios decides to portray her. She was awesome in the comics, at a time where the writers were somewhat competent and at least moderately talented. She was cool, tough and confident, and most of all she was mostly well liked. I was excited for She-Hulk, but they totally blew her personality that made her popular in the comics. I was somewhat interested to see how RiRi would be portrayed and they botched that up and just made her basically just a younger version of every other female character in the movie. Let's just say I don't have high confidence in how they portray Monica in this movie. High hopes still, but something tells me Marvel just gonna do what Marvel do and make her just as boring and abrasive as Captain Chosen One. As usual, I'd love to have to fall on my own sword and totally be proven wrong, but outlook is bleak.

So power-wise is Monica more powerful than Carol? Is the poster showing the tiers of who's got the most juice? Cause.... the first film made Carol uber powerful. Like THE most powerful. 

I know in the comics before Monica's powers were clearly defined she was essentially all powerful. After painting themselves into a corner Marvel dialed back her powers a bunch where she was still Captain Marvel...just less so. At that time I think she was still more powerful than Carol as Ms. Marvel (though technically at this point Carol may have been running around as Binary so she may have taken the lead power wise here) 

Then once Carol became Captain Marvel, she got a huge power increase and I assumed jumped Monica in the big gun department? If anyone can shed some light it would be appreciated. 

From what the MCU has shown, one would assume Carol's fusion with Kree tech and the tessaract would mean she was the most powerful as opposed to Monica stepping through chaos magic. And this was Wanda's magic BEFORE she enhanced it with the Darkhold. Still pretty powerful but INFINITY STONE powerful? 

I missed (on purpose) the Ms Marvel D+ show so maybe I'm missing some key info? That movie poster just looks to me like it's a power tier chart.

On 2/18/2023 at 11:45 PM, JohnF said:

Oh another delay? Anyway a teaser or a trailer would get me more excited than a poster, but if the movie is that far off, we'll still have to wait for that. I guess the figures will still come out in July? Maybe they'll push them back who knows.

they'll try and push them back but since this is the second time it's been delayed it may just come out sooner.

• 1 month later...

Fury pronounces her name (Rambeau) as "RAM bo" but I always thought it was "Ram BO". I have a friend whose maiden name is Rambeau, and she says its fine either way. 

Dang, Brie's lookin good. 

Would be nice to see the original Mar-Vell, at least in some form. I guess that's not happening though. 

Looks fun!

Movie looks better then I'd have expected from this trailer, really glad it seemed at least from what we saw here that Monica has the Lion's share of the story, seems like Carol is the least showcased from what we are seeing, I'm happy with that, Kamala still bugs me, but I like we saw her family, I enjoy her Family.

On 4/11/2023 at 11:14 AM, Atlantis said:

Fury pronounces her name (Rambeau) as "RAM bo" but I always thought it was "Ram BO". I have a friend whose maiden name is Rambeau, and she says its fine either way. 

Dang, Brie's lookin good. 

Would be nice to see the original Mar-Vell, at least in some form. I guess that's not happening though. 

Looks fun!

It's actually pronounce Rom-BO or Rum-BO. In it's spelling and in it's pronunciation her name is French or Creole. It always has been. Not sure why they let Fury (more likely Sam Jackson) butcher the name like that. Maybe it's a part of the storyline and she eventually corrects him, but it sure would suck if she stuck with the Rambo pronunciation due to this movie.

As far as the trailer itself, it looks better than I thought. Maybe the constant delays and reshoots will be a good thing this time. Not a fan of Larson, as many know, but I'm not opposed to the fact that she might actually be able to do a good job when she puts her mind to it. I do like the young lady who plays Kamal, it's really not her fault she fell victim to bad writers. Teyonah Harris, from this teaser, seems to have a fun and bubbly personality, so maybe they can actually do Monica well with her. Actually, she was rather stern and no nonsense in the comics but somehow she was tough and confident without being condescending and abrasive. She was actually very likeable, maybe even popular as the leader of The Avengers. Not sure why she ever got shelved