Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For March 2023 Coverage - Avengers 60th, Spider-Man And Haslab Tease

toynewman

On 2/24/2023 at 12:08 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Cool! Can't wait to come to this site and see the recap of everything later that day, lol. 

On 2/24/2023 at 2:40 AM, leokearon said:

A lot better than sitting through a whole livestream

You ain't lying there. There was a time when I thought it would be cool to cut out some time and tune in and watch the thing raw while I was here at work, but whoooooo!, it's pretty rough. Between all the gladhanding and back patting, the cringy dad jokes to a couple of mercy claps from the crew, the awkward ribbing between the team where it's clear they rarely actually interact with each other, the dead silence while each one is waiting for the other's queue only to end up talking over each other, to the inevitable technical difficulties that seem to plague every stream, it's tons better to let it be filtered through this site and watch the eventual wrap up video on @JayC's Youtube channel to get all the pertinent information. I might turn it on in the background to see if I can catch any major bomb drops, but they do a pretty good job here of updating as the information trickles out.

A brand-new classic Hawkeye would be a big win for the Legends community.

But I'm going to be self-centered and hope that this stream also heralds a redo of the Neo-Classic Iron Man. It would be the perfect chance not only to do that armor justice, but also to debut pinless Iron Man arms and legs that could be used in future old school Iron Man releases.

Just revealed during the Marvel Legends Fanstream, check out the Marvel Legends Series Doctor Octopus & Aunt May 2-Pack! This 2-pack is inspired by the 1994 Spider-Man: The Animated Series cartoon and comes in unique vintage-style VHS-themed packaging! Available for pre-order exclusively on HasbroPulse beginning tomorrow at 1:00pm ET!

00.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.1.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.2.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.3.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.4.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.5.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.6.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.7.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.8.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.9.jpg

On 3/1/2023 at 4:51 PM, Hogun said:

I threw up when I heard Aunt May will be getting a figure before me and my friends. I just can't. I plan on buying the Sky Cycle for Mr. Fantastic and I guess Sersi will be another pickup for me.

Aunt May is an extremely important character to Spider-man. That's like saying you wouldn't want a Loki for Thor. They go hand in hand.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:47 AM, toynewman said:

Just revealed during the Marvel Legends Fanstream, check out the Marvel Legends Series Doctor Octopus & Aunt May 2-Pack! This 2-pack is inspired by the 1994 Spider-Man: The Animated Series cartoon and comes in unique vintage-style VHS-themed packaging! Available for pre-order exclusively on HasbroPulse beginning tomorrow at 1:00pm ET!

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.1.jpg

Aunt.May.Dock.Ock.2.jpg

OK fans have been wanting bendy wire tentacles for Doc Ock for forever and now they're coming on the animated series version? Dang! Better late than never?

On 3/1/2023 at 10:53 AM, Atlantis said:

OK fans have been wanting bendy wire tentacles for Doc Ock for forever and now they're coming on the animated series version? Dang! Better late than never?

Not to be a sad commenter but, it is kind of a kick to the shins to anyone who just picked up the Doc Ock Silk two pack that was just released a few months ago

Wow, that was a crap ton of great stuff! It's going to continue to be a very expensive year. I think that the only things they showed today that I don't plan to buy are the Mark I Iron Man and the new Bucky Cap. I might also skip the regular Spider-Man and Daredevil Elektra figures (depending on the BAF), but otherwise I pretty much loved everything.

The Aunt May is my favorite reveal, even though it's an animated rather than comic version. I'll take her while I can because I don't expect to get another. Super Adaptoid looks great, but it appears they just used an old 12" Captain America base to make him. The Hawkeye with SkyCycle makes me wish I'd been more aggressive about buying more of those Riders series figures. I love every 2-pack they that they showed. Now that they've shown that Super Skrull, I have to decide if I want to cancel my pre-order for the Marvel Select version or just get both. The Legends version looks much better to me.

So much good stuff today! Very impressive!

I think that now we've seen the reveals for the vast majority of Rektangular's reveals for the year. The only things that I don't think we've officially seen yet are the Marvels movie wave, the Disney+ wave (which might be delayed into next year now due to Disney's decision to spread the shows out more), Into the Spiderverse movie wave, X-Men '97 animated wave, Best of MCU wave and the new No Way Home wave. Everything else has now been officially revealed.

My biggest takeaway was, of course, the First Appearance Iron Man figure. It looks beautiful. I'm also happy that Hasbro is finally debuting pinless suit arms with the Rose. Can't wait to see it in future figures.

But on the side of disappointments... since when is Ben Reilly's Beyond costume supposed to be red and black? It's blue in its design sheet, and it's very clearly colored blue throughout its entire run. As for the Miles figure, it's supposed to be magenta/pink, not red. I'm also disappointed with the Chasm figure. You'd think two figures featuring the same character would have the same buck, yet Chasm uses an outdated buck with pins.

Spider-ManBeyond_CostumeDesign.jpg?ssl=1E6IlLKGVcAM539x?format=jpg&name=large

Killed it with hawkeye figure soooooo glad i held out. The doc ock looks good enough to go in my comic book collection, but how cool is the freakin adaptoid got to get that for sure now. Sweet reveals all around...haslab gonna be giant man with other figs as tiers they wouldn't do a vehicle this year after last years failure on a vehicle.

On 3/1/2023 at 5:08 PM, ADour said:

My biggest takeaway was, of course, the First Appearance Iron Man figure. It looks beautiful. I'm also happy that Hasbro is finally debuting pinless suit arms with the Rose. Can't wait to see it in future figures.

But on the side of disappointments... since when is Ben Reilly's Beyond costume supposed to be red and black? It's blue in its design sheet, and it's very clearly colored blue throughout its entire run. As for the Miles figure, it's supposed to be magenta/pink, not red. I'm also disappointed with the Chasm figure. You'd think two figures featuring the same character would have the same buck, yet Chasm uses an outdated buck with pins.

Spider-ManBeyond_CostumeDesign.jpg?ssl=1E6IlLKGVcAM539x?format=jpg&name=large

first that concept art. second art in the comics show them in both colors.

On 3/1/2023 at 10:51 AM, Hogun said:

I threw up when I heard Aunt May will be getting a figure before me and my friends. I just can't. I plan on buying the Sky Cycle for Mr. Fantastic and I guess Sersi will be another pickup for me.

My friend, while I also vigorously agree that the Warriors Three are long overdue, Aunt May has appeared in nearly as many comic issues by herself (2,683) as all 3 of Volstagg (974), Fandral (869) and Hogun (868) have combined (2,711).

What a treasure trove of reveals! I'm surprised they revealed all those Avengers Anniversary figures already in March, especially the ones scheduled for Q 4 release in Rektangular's big post later last year. Love the Destroyer, Super Adaptoid, new Bucky Cap, Photon in her original costume, Black Widow looks nice with much better legs than she has had before (skinny Kate Bishop legs), Aunt May finally, Bruce Banner Yes, Sky Cycle looks just as I remember it from 80's comics, the Rose and Tarantula look nice (hope they change T's headmask to black though)! Not so sure about Hawkeye, looks like he is getting the Sunfire upper legs for sure, Thor I'll get though it's only minor costume changes- like the wings on his helmet, old Secret Wars Doom was never a favorite of mine, but he comes with Photon, even two-packs I wasn't planning on buying look intriguing like Sersi/Black Knight and Skrull Queen/Super Skrull. Man, so many wants checked of my Avengers related list. This is going to be a hard year on the old wallet, but worth it.

On 3/1/2023 at 2:10 PM, tarot said:

first that concept art. second art in the comics show them in both colors.

Yeah, it's concept art... which is supposed to be the "Bible" when it comes to a character's design.

And yes, the comics depicted Miles' costume with both colors, with the instances where it's red being mistakes that went overlooked. I don't believe in reiteration equalling validation.

As for Ben's costume. No. It was always blue. Dark blue at the most, but always blue. And if there was an instance or two where it was black, I'm confident those instances are outnumbered by the times it's been properly blue.

My friend, while I also vigorously agree that the Warriors Three are long overdue, Aunt May has appeared in nearly as many comic issues by herself (2,683) as all 3 of Volstagg (974), Fandral (869) and Hogun (868) have combined (2,711).

Man Reno, that's some quick number crunching, lol! I'm very much with you and Hogun on the Warriors Three. They are a glaring omission from the Thor supporting cast. But I feel confident now that they have the Blob mold to work with, that Volstagg (probably the reason these have taken so long) will be made and Fandral and Hogun will not be so difficult. I could see Hogun on the Grim Reaper buck and Fandral also, as long as they give him those mid-thigh boots he wears. They definitely need to be taller figures as they are Asgarding.