Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For March 2023 Coverage - Avengers 60th, Spider-Man And Haslab Tease

toynewman

Great reveals. Avengers comic fans must be elated.

Some thoughts in no particular order:

The Super-Adaptoid is cool. I like how big it is.

As a child of the 90's, I like the Spider-Man animated series figures and packaging.

That's a cool Spider-Man wave, as well. 

Are these Avengers figures a wave? Is Destroyer a BAF? I like the 90's Avengers getting some love. More than they got at the time, amirite?

Is that Doom and Captain Marvel a Secret Wars two-pack?

What is that Black Widow? They did a great job on the headsculpt. Hopefully it can be mass-produced that way.

On 3/1/2023 at 11:33 AM, Chunkylover said:

Are these Avengers figures a wave? Is Destroyer a BAF? I like the 90's Avengers getting some love. More than they got at the time, amirite?

Is that Doom and Captain Marvel a Secret Wars two-pack?

What is that Black Widow? They did a great job on the headsculpt. Hopefully it can be mass-produced that way.

They're only a wave in the same way that the Infinity Saga was. They're all sold separately, no BAFs (that we know of at least). The Thor and Destroyer are a 2-pack. The Doom and Captain Marvel are a 2-pack as are Black Knight/Sersi, Hulk/Banner, May/Ock and the Skrulls.

The Widow figure was called their first "super-articulated" female figure and will likely be at a deluxe figure cost point.

I hope that helps.

On 3/1/2023 at 11:35 AM, tarot said:

Anton_Miguel_Rodriquez_29_from_Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_134_0001.webp

Tarantula-Marvel-Comics-Rodriquez-Spider-Annual-15-h1.jpg

Tarantula-Spider-Man-Marvel-Comics-Rodriquez-h4.jpg

I personally have no issue with the color, but I also can't help but wonder if those of us that have the prior figure might be able to do a head swap. It's more likely that this is just a much better head. At worst, the people that want to can always just paint it black.

On 3/1/2023 at 12:41 PM, Reno said:

I personally have no issue with the color, but I also can't help but wonder if those of us that have the prior figure might be able to do a head swap. It's more likely that this is just a much better head. At worst, the people that want to can always just paint it black.

Or use a Black Sharpie if you want to go cheap.  

As for Ben Reilly's 2nd/Beyond Corp. Spider-man Suit from a just pervious comic book storyline about a year or 2 ago, I like that they are doing it, as it's 1 I will strongly consider(I mean, if it wasn't for the price hike, I would of said for sure).  However, I keep thinking that the suit is more Red and Blue, not Red and Black.   I mean, I guess it really depends on the colourist on how they handle blue and black sometimes, but still.  Depending on how I feel and after I check out some reviews, I may just hold out until they re-release it again in Red and Blue(Or Red and Blue with the front logo done in Black if anything).  We'll see.

Also, is that Dr. Doom the 1 from Secret Wars where he gets the Beyonder's powers?  Because I'll strongly consider it if it is, and it comes with some swapping heads for Doom(Like Handsome head and maybe a scar head).

Some really awesome reveals today, stoked on so much comic stuff

my breakdown of reveals

Ben Reilly : Not interested
Chasm : Maybe, It kinda looks cool
Miles : not interested, don't dig that look
The Rose : Yes
Modern Jessica Drew : Yes, love this look for Jessica, been wanting that
Elektra DD : Yes, love this look
Tarantula : Yes, and finally

Animated Doc Ock & Aunt Man : No, but these do look good

Iron Man Mk 1 : Yes, and this looks really good

Bruce & Hulk : looks good but I don't have much desire for a Bruce figure, and I already have a Gray hulk despite this one looking very good with the new elements.
Thor & Destroyer : Yes, mainly for Destroyer, that figure is awesome, Thor does look really good though
Hawkeye & Skycycle : This is kinda cool, loving the soft goods, that's a nice Hawkeye, might have to get this to replace the one I got, don't care about the skycycle though.
Dr. Doom & Monica : Yes, Awesome, really want both of these two
Sersi & Black Knight : Yes, mainly for Sersi, but both look good
Super Articulated Black Widow : Probably a Yes, it looks really good, and I have a problem with buying every Comic Black Widow
Bucky Cap : Yes, this look pretty good
Super Skrull & Skrull Queen : Yes, these two are really cool
Super Adaptoid : Yes, awesome

Wow, smoothest run live stream to date. Mr. Ting brought it this time. Maybe they should have him run point on every live stream from now on. I know Dan has the more dominant personality but you gotta give props to Ryan.

That said, this show was a total airstrike. Personally, aside from some of the stinkers in the few MCU waves that we already knew about, not one of these was a bad reveal. I'll refrain from commenting on every figure but there are some sure must-haves that I'm really excited about.

The Spider-Man wave will be essential. Tarantula was perfect, and they finally used the Sunfire buck correctly, for once. So freaking happy they stayed consistent with Jessica Drew and used the new Moonstone buck. Bucky Cap was a much needed update. The Skrulls were unexpected but I need 'em. I'm excited to see how the ultra-articulated body turns out but will hold my breath till I see it. Super Adaption looks phenomenal. The Simonson Thor/Destroyer 2-pack was better than I ever expected.I think it goes without saying that any fan of the 90's era Avengers needs both the Hawkeye/Skycycle and Sersi/BK sets. Sadly it looks like the Kate Bishop buck makes it's return with Sersi. I may be wrong....actually I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

I'm torn on the Monica/Victor 2 pack. Don't like or need that Doom, but I see the appeal for fans of the Secret Wars toys, which I wasn't so much. Love the way they made it a point to not call Monica Captain Marvel, BTW and the go on to make it look uniform by referring to Doom as Victor. Like we're all on first name basis here. I promise, the box will say Dr. Doom and Monica Rambeau.

All and all, I'm a very happy, and soon to be broke. Camper.

For me

Ben Reilly : Yes. Always like new costumes for my display
Chasm : Yes but weird that Ben is getting 2 figure per wave
Miles : While I did say it has been both colors, I would have preferred the purple look
The Rose : Yes
Modern Jessica Drew : Yes. Good thing too as my Classic Jess foot broke off.
Elektra DD : Yes but they should have shown her with the scarf
Tarantula : Yes. Have the older one and this is 100* better then that.

Animated Doc Ock & Aunt Man : I don't like May's head sculpt but will get as we may never get her in comic form. Will also get for the Tentacle for my Classic version. I wonder if you can take the claws off and use the classic ones?

Iron Man Mk 1 : Yes 
Thor & Destroyer : Yes. The Destroyer look better then the select one. I can see me hurting myself alot with the amount of Spikes it has.
Hawkeye & Skycycle : Yes. And finally. They have been teasing this for years now.
Dr. Doom & Monica : Yes. I can replace the Aforce Monica and use Doom as a Doombot.
Sersi & Black Knight : Yes, mainly for Sersi as well but Black knight is a nice figure.
Super Articulated Black Widow : I like it
Bucky Cap : Yes
Super Skrull & Skrull Queen : Yes and hopefully Veranke will come with a classic or first Appearance Spider-woman head.
Super Adaptoid : Yes, and nice use of the 12-inch Captain America figure.

On 3/1/2023 at 12:55 PM, tarot said:

As far as I can tell, the Super-Skrull is not the one we know but one of many that was seen in the final battle of the Invasion. 

Super-Skrulls_29_from_Secret_Invasion_Vol_1_2_001.webp

Unfortunately it also just so happens to be the exact same one (Illuminati Super Skrull) that Marvel Select had already announced quite some time ago that I think ships next month. I've got it pre-ordered with BBTS but am considering canceling now that we have confirmation that Hasbro is doing the same one. I might just end up getting them both. It's possible that the Hasbro version will come with some more interchangeable parts that can make it a different character. If that's the case (and Veranke comes with a classic Spider-Woman head like you alluded to earlier), I might buy two sets of that 2-pack.

On 3/1/2023 at 7:02 PM, Reno said:

Unfortunately it also just so happens to be the one (Illuminati Super Skrull) that Marvel Select had already announced quite some time ago that I think ships next month. I've got it pre-ordered with BBTS but am considering canceling now that we have confirmation that Hasbro is doing the same one. I might just end up getting them both. It's possible that the Hasbro version will come with some more interchangeable parts that can make it a different character.

no. I checked. It's a similar but different character. The Select one is the Black Bolt imposter while this is just one of the many Skrulls seen in the image about. 

this is the select one

Blackagar_Boltagon_29_29_from_New_Avengers_Illuminati_Vol_2_5_001.webp

FYI I can't say 100% but I know there should be a Marvel Legends pre-order drop on the 14th of this month and the way they sounded in the video it seemed like the Spider-Man wave was gonna be going up soon, so guessing that is when the Spider-Man wave will drop and we will see the BAF for it. The comic wave. Tomorrow is the Animated 2-Pack on Pulse.