Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For March 2023 Coverage - Avengers 60th, Spider-Man And Haslab Tease

toynewman

On 3/1/2023 at 7:07 PM, JayC said:

FYI I can't say 100% but I know there should be a Marvel Legends pre-order drop on the 14th of this month and the way they sounded in the video it seemed like the Spider-Man wave was gonna be going up soon, so guessing that is when the Spider-Man wave will drop and we will see the BAF for it. The comic wave. Tomorrow is the Animated 2-Pack on Pulse.

at least they gave us some time to get some money together lol.

On 3/1/2023 at 1:04 PM, tarot said:

no. I checked. It's a similar but different character. The Select one is the Black Bolt imposter while this is just one of the many Skrulls seen in the image about. 

this is the select one

Blackagar_Boltagon_29_29_from_New_Avengers_Illuminati_Vol_2_5_001.webp

Works for me! I'll keep my pre-order for the Select one and still plan on getting at least one set of the Legends 2-pack (but probably 2).

On 3/1/2023 at 1:05 PM, NotNamed said:

I really hope we get comic Aunt May. I briefly considered getting this one since we may not, but the head is just way too far off. I need that distinctive gray hair with the bun on the back of the head.

I hope that we get a comic Aunt May also! However, I've been collecting this Marvel 6-inch line for 25 years now (before the Legends terminology) and this is the first one they've ever done in that time so I'm not going to hold my breath that they'll ever do another one. Even Dan and Ryan seemed to be making fun of the fact that they were even doing the character to begin with, like it was just a joke pack-in with the Doc Ock they know that everyone wanted for the wired tentacles. Aunt May has literally been my most wanted Legends figure for years... no joke!! Now the X-Men Rockslide and Pixie will move up to my top 2.

I actually bought a gray-haired Mattel WWE Elite Scarlett (wife/valet of Karrion Kross) on clearance not too long ago because I was going to use her head for a custom Aunt May. The make up she had on for that figure also made her look really old so I thought that it would be a great fit --- now I won't have to use it (but I still could). I was most struggling with finding an elderly woman like body that I thought would be appropriate.

image.png.b234b554b4f94dafa48185f46d0fece4.png

On 2/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, toynewman said:

- Classic Hawkeye with pin-less joints and Skycycle, Hawkeye has soft-goods to sit on the cycle. Secret Wars

March-Live-Stream-17 7.jpg

The sky cycle in all its glass translucent glory...love it. And very surprised that we're seeing some forward thinking this time around with soft goods. This really looks good!

Looking like lots of good reveals. Excited for that IM mk 1, Hulk Banner 2 pack, and Hawkeye with the skycycle.

I'm also curious to what makes the new Black Widow super articulated. At work so only have seen the images and I plan on watching the stream once I'm home. But from the images it doesn't seem that "super" articulated.

Some great reveals today man! Sad to see that I must still wait for an 80s Armored Thor but, 90s bearded Thor is most welcome on my shelf, and the Destroyer looks absolutely superb!!! The Monica/ Doom 2 pack is sweet, though I think they missed the mark a bit on Monica; I was always under the impression that the lighter tone on her outfit was silver and not white. Silver would have really made the figure pop, but it'll still be awesome to finally have this version of her. Secret Wars Doom...absolutely perfect!

These reveals mark the first time I'll be buying several ML just for their parts, lol....That gloriously metallic painted shield for Bucky Cap has got my 80th Cap's name all over it! And those boots on this new Black Knight....going straight to my 80s version! I was surprised to see the Skrull version of Spider-Woman....and if they've improved the articulation on that body's legs like with recent versions...got me a perfect classic SW too!!  

Super-Adaptoid looks amazing too, and I think I can live with the more modern take on him/it. Now....as long as these Avengers reveals aren't all Target/WM/ Pulse exclusives...I'm happy! 

I just realized they mentioned 10 releases for the Avengers 60th, but only showed 9 sets. The leaked list also only had 9 sets. Does that mean the Haslab is the 10th?

But some pretty decent stuff showed off today. The Doc Ock set has me conflicted, I'm not collecting the animated stuff so I'm torn on whether to order this set just for those tentacles and an Aunt May placeholder for an eventual comic one. I'm assuming it'll be $56 like the Carnage set is, so that's a lot of money for something I don't really want.

As happy as I am to be getting another full comic Spider-Man wave, this one is giving me strong Kingpin wave vibes, it's pretty boring and niche, even the figures in the wave I'm interested in aren't terribly exciting for me. Why can't they complete the teams ffs? We still need Overdrive for Superior Foes and Carrion for Maximum Carnage. Both very easy figures to do most likely and I'd have taken them any day over Elektra or the alternate spider suit figures. Side note though, is that basically a Shriek version of the Moonstone mold for Spider-Woman? They mentioned a buffer pinless body on her.

The Avengers stuff is cool but not much I particularly want. I'm probably gonna get the Destroyer set and sell off Thor, luckily the movie Destroyer was pretty close to the comic version, I may just remove the shoulder pads. Widow is also tempting for the new body mold alone but I'm happy with my kitbashed Widow (Riders body, Deadly Origins head and gold parts), so I'll probably wait for this body to be reused for a Spider-Woman or something in the future. Maybe I'll pick up Widow if she's not priced badly, but I'm getting the feeling she'll be $35 so probably not.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:54 PM, Ironspider428 said:

I just realized they mentioned 10 releases for the Avengers 60th, but only showed 9 sets. The leaked list also only had 9 sets. Does that mean the Haslab is the 10th?

no there was ten.

1. First Appearance Iron man on a whole new sculpt.
  2. Bruce Banner, with removable glasses, and First Appearance Hulk, with a new smoother torso, 2-pack
  3. Bearded Thor and Destroyer
  4. Hawkeye with his Sky-Cycle (Finally, they have been teasing this one for years now.)
  5. Monica Rambeau in her original Captain Marvel costume and Secret Wars Dr. Doom
  6. Sersei and Black Knight in their 90’s Avengers costumes. Black Knight comes with a new laser sword.
  7. A new superposable Black Widow (rumored to be exclusive to Target)
  8. A new Bucky Captain America on the Vulcan build (ironic). (Rumored to be a Walmart Exclusive)
  9. Secret Invasion Super-Skrull (similar to the recent Marvel Select version) and Veranke in the Spider-woman costume. (Probably will some with a Classic Jessica Drew head)
  10. 12-Inch Super-Adaptoid, which uses part from their 12-Inch Captain America.

On 3/1/2023 at 1:59 PM, tarot said:

no there was ten.

1. First Appearance Iron man on a whole new sculpt.
  2. Bruce Banner, with removable glasses, and First Appearance Hulk, with a new smoother torso, 2-pack
  3. Bearded Thor and Destroyer
  4. Hawkeye with his Sky-Cycle (Finally, they have been teasing this one for years now.)
  5. Monica Rambeau in her original Captain Marvel costume and Secret Wars Dr. Doom
  6. Sersei and Black Knight in their 90’s Avengers costumes. Black Knight comes with a new laser sword.
  7. A new superposable Black Widow (rumored to be exclusive to Target)
  8. A new Bucky Captain America on the Vulcan build (ironic). (Rumored to be a Walmart Exclusive)
  9. Secret Invasion Super-Skrull (similar to the recent Marvel Select version) and Veranke in the Spider-woman costume. (Probably will some with a Classic Jessica Drew head)
  10. 12-Inch Super-Adaptoid, which uses part from their 12-Inch Captain America.

Ah ok, I'm not sure which one I forgot but that makes more sense. Guess the Haslab would be 11 then if it's branded under the anniversary.

Any one who want this Aunt May, just know that she will not be able to stand at all. Those are the legs from the horrible Agent Carter figure. They don't really move and are flimsy as he'll. I want an Aunt May, but this doesn't look right.

Spidey set: Miles Or Peter Or Ben can be the Spidey. Why do they feel the need to put 3-4 Spideys in each set? Def want Taratula and Rose. Electra is a work of art! We'll see who the BAF is for the rest. I actually might get Chasm either way, I like the angle on this story.

Super Adaptoid !!!!!!!!!!! So freaking perfect!!! Pumped for this one. Widow looks awesome. Buck is meh. Hawkeye is an "of course" for me. I wish we had the stringed bow and arrows like the TB one, but his head sculpt looks great. Wish Thors armor was different, but need some bearded ones, and that Destroyer is amazing!!! Hulk and Banner look nice. Wanted green Sersi, but they can easily swap her arms and repaint her for a retro release now. PHOTON!¡!! looks awesome. Sucks that I will.be buying that lackluster Doom for her. I M mark 1 is really cool. Hope we also get the gold repaint on that one. I didn't care about those Skrulls till I saw em. Now they are a strong maybe. 

Haslab- no on Quinjet, yes on Giant man. My.problem is which look and how big. I want several smaller ones. He doesn't have to be the size of Galactus. 12 inch is fine.

My biggest take away is enough pre orders! Let's get some stuff. I have a bad feeling in a week or two all 4 sets I've ordered, three packs, deluxe will all come out at once. I hate those gluts. I don't end up appreciating what I paid too much money for.

Idk what I was talking about with 12 inches being ok for Giant Man. No way. I just wouldn't want to spend the kind of money you'd need to to get Pym as Giant Man and Goliath.  Atlas, Barton and Foster too. It would be insane. Like a thousand dollar Haslab with four Giant men? Oof.

On 3/1/2023 at 6:03 PM, GarimusPrime said:

Sersi is LONG overdue. And, I think we just need Crystal now to complete that era. I would still REALLY like to see a Clint Barton Goliath, as he was seen in Galactic Storm. So much good stuff coming. My wallet is going to kill me.

RCO011_1664827484.jpg

We still need that Hercules costume. 

On 3/1/2023 at 12:09 PM, Emnems80 said:

Looking like lots of good reveals. Excited for that IM mk 1, Hulk Banner 2 pack, and Hawkeye with the skycycle.

I'm also curious to what makes the new Black Widow super articulated. At work so only have seen the images and I plan on watching the stream once I'm home. But from the images it doesn't seem that "super" articulated.

Look close at the torso: she's got that hinge-at-waist, diaphragm-joint-at-ribs combo that gives a ton of torso movement, as well as butterfly joints.