Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For March 2023 Coverage - Avengers 60th, Spider-Man And Haslab Tease

toynewman

Black Knight and Sersi are everything I hoped for when they were announced. I'm stunned. 

Wonder if the BK arms are popped off if the gauntlets slide off. Be an easy, though expensive, way to get more Avengers bombers jackets

Absolutely everything on the Avengers reveals are must get. Today felt like the old days of NYCC when We'd see so much goodness at once it felt like Christmas.

Masterson Thor is one step closer to the 90s team. Here's hoping if we ever get Crystal they go the Moira McTaggert way and give us the option to have her in jacket or not. Too bad they didn't have that idea when Widow was released in the Avengers bomber jacket.

The hint that the Haslab could be Giant-Man could mean we get 90s team Hank Pym Giant-Man? Though knowing Hasbro it will be over priced and much requested suits like Red Jumpsuit Pym will be locked behind 18,000 units.

I'm so glad that the Avengers anniversary is as great as the XMens has been. Both teams are getting great love with some much anticipated characters and nice surprises.

The Spidey stuff is very hit or miss. I'll be able to be selective with whom I pick up. 

The Doc Ock bendy legs isn't a big enough sell for me. I'm thinking we may get similar legs with the MCU Ock down the road. And since I didn't really watch this cartoon, this isn't Aunt May to me. When the comic version gets a release then we can talk.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:09 AM, Emnems80 said:

I'm also curious to what makes the new Black Widow super articulated. At work so only have seen the images and I plan on watching the stream once I'm home. But from the images it doesn't seem that "super" articulated

It seems just like those female bodies in Power Ranger. Yet they never called it  "super articulated". Congratulations for finally catching up with them!

We need more official images! I'm also curious about Monical and Sersi's new legs. Monical's are definitely pinless but the curve of thighs look weird. Can't they just abandon the trunk from Kate Bishop?

Couple things:

What is the connection between Monica and Secret Wars Dr. Doom? I've read that limited series so many times but there wasnt a specific interaction between them. Not complaining,  getting Monica checks off both my Avengers AND Secret Wars with this one.

Also, love how they dealt with her wispy arm things. If they ever make a powered up version on this body it will look even better

Is the Grey Hulk from the 2 pack the same one from the Mexican Comic Con (I think it was Mexico)?? Cause.. I spent good money getting THAT version.   Ah well, I absolutely can't pass on Bruce so looks like the old Hulk goes into the sell pile...along with the Select Destroyer I tracked down. Just glad Hasbro didn't reveal a comic Watcher as well. Hate to waste all my money haha

Hawkeye's soft goods I'm dubious on. I get why but in some shots it looks off. I may end up having him standing and aiming (auto pilot ya know). 

Super-Adaptoid is brilliant and for once I applaud Hasbros using the 12" body. Absolutely fits in this case. 

Modern Jessica Drew is wearing one fugly suit. Hoping Veranke has a Jessica head. 

Now that Hasbro has opened so many cans of worms here's hoping some of these follow:

Classic Mockingbird to ride shot gun with Clint

Secret Wars Doom maybe means Volcana and Titania down the road? Maybe in another 2 pack? Or Titanianand Absorbing Man and Volcana SW Wasp?!?!? 

More 90s Avengers maybe Crystal to complete the team? Or is she going to be the next Rachel Summers or Marinna?

We know we are getting a proper classic Ant-Man but did you notice that in the "Since 1963" logo there is a 1st appearance Wasp and classic Falcon? Hmmmm....

Haslab: while I'd love a classic Quinjet I really don't want one. There is no where to display something that big. Depending on how big they go, give us all the Giant-Men and Goliaths. Hank, Clint, Bill, Erik... 

EDIT: that Hulk is NOT the comic con version. Different head for sure but probably more. Colors are just similar 

On 3/1/2023 at 11:09 AM, Emnems80 said:

"...I'm also curious to what makes the new Black Widow super articulated....from the images it doesn't seem that "super" articulated...."

I have been saying for YEARS that the female figures need to have as much articulation as the males; the super articulation should be standard far as I'm concerned. The Black Widow, as one of Marvel's first and best female combatants, deserves a fitting figure. Not looking necessarily for Xesray studios quality, but she needs to look like the deadly assassin that she is. Thankfully this one doesnt have the ridiculously skinny legs the others have, but I'm still not seeing much here to tell just what is super articulated. The upper torso still looks too boyish, though I like the face. While I prefer her longer hair ( the "bangs/bump" that they gave Shriek), and the unopened full glossy black body suit, this one could work. Besides they could wind up doing her classic look soon. 

On 3/1/2023 at 9:29 PM, McHogan said:

Haslab: while I'd love a classic Quinjet I really don't want one. There is no where to display something that big. Depending on how big they go, give us all the Giant-Men and Goliaths. Hank, Clint, Bill, Erik... 

I doubt they're gonna go with another vehicle after that joke of a Haslab Engine of Stupidity debacle last year. Something about the perception of a large figure versus a vehicle gives that perception of less value. Just look at that Not-Charger next to Galactus (or the Sentinel). There's just no comparison. They were counting on the unlockables to sell that turd but they were just too high on the stash that was the success of the last project. Hope it's a hard lesson learned. Poor Robbie, and poor Ghost Rider. Maybe on the 70th Anniversary.

The smart move would be with Giant Man. Everyone wants him and there are so many tiers they can tie to him. Think about how many things they have at their disposal. Updated Giant Man at 6 in. or mid-height GM at 12 in., Safari Pym, Wasp Pym, Ultron Pym, Jarvis, alternate GM Skrull head sculpt and any number of characters in Skrull form from Secret Invasion are all on the table. This entire Skrull thing, in itself, is a bigger gold mine than that ridiculous "excuse to make up any BS" What If? cluster, and it makes more sense to boot. Also, with a single mold they can easily transition from Giant Man to Goliath, Black Goliath, Yellowjacket, Atlas and any number of other "Giants" with simple tweaks or modifications, for future Haslabs or as a Super Duper Dapper Dandy Deluxe figure. It's gotta be done sooner or later. Might as well make it now.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:02 PM, Atlantis said:

I have been saying for YEARS that the female figures need to have as much articulation as the males; the super articulation should be standard far as I'm concerned. The Black Widow, as one of Marvel's first and best female combatants, deserves a fitting figure. Not looking necessarily for Xesray studios quality, but she needs to look like the deadly assassin that she is. Thankfully this one doesnt have the ridiculously skinny legs the others have, but I'm still not seeing much here to tell just what is super articulated. The upper torso still looks too boyish, though I like the face. While I prefer her longer hair ( the "bangs/bump" that they gave Shriek), and the unopened full glossy black body suit, this one could work. Besides they could wind up doing her classic look soon. 

Look close at Widow's torso; notice how the abs themselves seem to be at a different angle compared to the pelvis, implying she's got the waist-hinge/rib-diaphragm combo that Retro/RYV Spidey or pretty much all Power Rangers Lightning Collection figures have.  In addition, look near the shoulders; she has butterfly joints.  Combine all that with the more obvious double-elbows, and yeah, she's definitely up there with Retro Spidey in being fairly super-articulated by Legends standards.  Only other joints I can think of that she could hypothetically have but doesn't would be toe hinge and drop-down hips like RYV Spidey.  EDIT: oh, and shin-/ankle-swivel, she's missing that too.

On 3/1/2023 at 8:18 PM, monron999 said:

I doubt they're gonna go with another vehicle after that joke of a Haslab Engine of Stupidity debacle last year. Something about the perception of a large figure versus a vehicle gives that perception of less value. Just look at that Not-Charger next to Galactus (or the Sentinel). There's just no comparison. They were counting on the unlockables to sell that turd but they were just too high on the stash that was the success of the last project. Hope it's a hard lesson learned. Poor Robbie, and poor Ghost Rider. Maybe on the 70th Anniversary.

The smart move would be with Giant Man. Everyone wants him and there are so many tiers they can tie to him. Think about how many things they have at their disposal. Updated Giant Man at 6 in. or mid-height GM at 12 in., Safari Pym, Wasp Pym, Ultron Pym, Jarvis, alternate GM Skrull head sculpt and any number of characters in Skrull form from Secret Invasion are all on the table. This entire Skrull thing, in itself, is a bigger gold mine than that ridiculous "excuse to make up any BS" What If? cluster, and it makes more sense to boot. Also, with a single mold they can easily transition from Giant Man to Goliath, Black Goliath, Yellowjacket, Atlas and any number of other "Giants" with simple tweaks or modifications, for future Haslabs or as a Super Duper Dapper Dandy Deluxe figure. It's gotta be done sooner or later. Might as well make it now.

Totally with you about the Skrulls, and I have been saying it FOREVER!  It is actually quite surprising they haven't gone all in with Skrulls. All they would need to do is sculpt a Skrull head (and maybe an interesting alternate head) for already produced characters they could just rerelease like Beast, Wolverine, Sentry, Cap, Ironman, Daredevil, Phoenix, Mr. Fantastic, Thor, Doctor Strange, Cyclops, Hulk, Spiderman, Storm, Namor, Black Bolt, Hawkeye, Nova, Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, Powerman, The Thing, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, Wonderman, Xavier, Starlord, Elektra, Nick Fury, Deadpool, Cable... it is insane to think they haven't already done this.

One of the best (if not the best) large reveals we've seen in a good long while. Still some weak areas (Widow should be on the more robust, "new" jessica Drew buck, Sersi looks like they're using that awful skinny buck....though the boots hide it a bit) but overall, some really good choices here. I agree with @Hogun that there's a LOT of new characters here getting revealed with action figures while some more classic, older types even have yet to appear. But again, overall, looks good. 

• Spider-Man Beyond - Hate the Whole Spider-Man Beyond run and the costume is the wrong colour. So pass
  • Chasm - Hate Chasm, so pass.
  • New Look Miles Morales  -No interest
  • The Rose - Surprised they went with his Googles look, but I've been wanting the Rose for a while, so must get.
  • Modern Jessica Drew - Never liked the look, so pass.
  • Elektra Daredevil - Looks like a fun costume, so I might get it.
  • Tarantula - Still would have prefer a Black Mask, but the Nostalgia as got me. Must get.
  • Iron Man Mark 1 -Have one, so Pass
  • Bruce Banner and Grey Hulk 2-pack - Looks good might get reduced
  • Bearded Thor with with Destroyer - Both look really good, Hope Thor comes with the Spinning Mjolnir, still will probably pick this up 
  • Hawkeye with Skycycle - This is a must get.
  • Secret Wars Dr. Doom and Captain Marvel - Wanted Secret Wars Doom for ages, so must get.
  • 90's Sersi and Black Knight - They look interesting but not essential, maybe reduced
  • Super-Articulated Black Widow - I would be better than MJ cosplaying as the Black Widow
  • New Bucky Cap - Don't need another Bucky Cap, so pass
  • Super Skrull and Spider-Woman Skrull Queen  - Would have preferred the X-Men Super Skrull, but since I also hate Veranke, I'll be passing
  • 12" Super Adaptoid - Where's the wings? If Hasbro want me to buy a 12' Adaptoid, he should have his wings.
  • Animated Doc Ock and Aunt May - Must get. 

So far this is the best reveal live stream they have done. First of all, I'm glad they restored muscular and thick Spider-Woman body mold and did it twice, hopefully they keep using it more often. I'm super excited for new super articulated Black Widow, although I find it bizarre they seemingly updated torso from Biker/White Widow with butterflies instead of something fully new, that neck chest piece just didn't sit well in first place, I would expect all new sculpt that looks more organic and maybe closer to what they did with old Winter Soldier Widow 2pack. However, it's still exciting because now we have new lower torso with inverted ab crunch that can be reused for all kinds of female figures, hopefully Hasbro doesn't get greedy with it and will use it as often as possible, which should be absolute must for future Psylocke and Elektra and Spider related characters. Doc Ock is  simply perfection, I just hope I will manage to get it for retail. 

YEAS: Iron Man MK1, Banner/Hulk, Thor/Destroyer, Monica Rambeau, Sersi/Black Knight, Hawkeye/Sky Cycle, Black Widow and Lady Daredevil.

The rest of it was very meh...but I'm sure other hardcore collectors have wanted a lot of these for a long time (esp. Aunt May and Doc Ock's bendy wires)

Wish we could have seen a new classic Adam Warlock. I wonder if the Hasbros have considered a "Meteor Man" figure??? That would be swell!

On 3/1/2023 at 10:29 PM, McHogan said:

What is the connection between Monica and Secret Wars Dr. Doom? I've read that limited series so many times but there wasnt a specific interaction between them. Not complaining,  getting Monica checks off both my Avengers AND Secret Wars with this one.

They do briefly interact - in issue 10 (iirc) when Galactus is about to absorb the energy of his home Taa II (or whatev), at the last minute all the energy seems to be diverted.  Monica goes off to check it out, eventually they realize Doom has stolen the energy. unfortunately the now near-omnipotent Doom realizes she is spying on him and freezes her in light form. After this Doom takes on the Beyonder and gets the armor that looks like the toy figure.

That's all i got

On 3/1/2023 at 6:28 PM, Inspection12e said:

We still need that Hercules costume. 

I could live without that one. Retro Herc checks off all the boxes I need. Definitely wanna see Crystal. Not sure if I would prefer her classic yellow outfit, or 90's bomberjacket outfit.

On 3/2/2023 at 5:02 PM, GarimusPrime said:

I could live without that one. Retro Herc checks off all the boxes I need. Definitely wanna see Crystal. Not sure if I would prefer her classic yellow outfit, or 90's bomberjacket outfit.

I would go with her classic yellow, since that's her most famous look and the one most people would probably want.

On 3/2/2023 at 12:07 PM, leokearon said:

I would go with her classic yellow, since that's her most famous look and the one most people would probably want.

I would probably go with bomberjacket first, since it matches the Sersi that we're getting. Maybe a year later they can release a Crystal/Sersi two-pack in their classic green and yellow. Maybe give the packaging a Galactic Storm theme. Hell, I wish they would do entire waves dedicated to story lines. A Galactic Storm wave with a Clint Barton Goliath BAF would be amazing. For me, that's basically the pinnacle of early 90's Avengers.

av345.jpg

On 3/1/2023 at 10:51 AM, Hogun said:

I threw up when I heard Aunt May will be getting a figure before me and my friends. I just can't. I plan on buying the Sky Cycle for Mr. Fantastic and I guess Sersi will be another pickup for me.

I mean, Aunt May is a much better known character, so that's not really all that surprising. But more to the point, she's getting a figure in a sub-line devoted entirely to the Spider-Man TV show, so it's not like her selection really had anything to do with the likelihood of the Warriors 3 appearing or not in the first place.

The Marvel Legends Series Doctor Octopus & Aunt May 2-Pack inspired by the 1994 Spider-Man: The Animated Series cartoon and comes in unique vintage-style VHS-themed packaging! Available for pre-order exclusively on HasbroPulse right now with cost of $52.99 +S&H!

Wielding writhing metallic arms, scientist-turned-criminal Otto Octavius will stop at nothing to destroy Peter Parker—including kidnapping the woman who raised him, his caring Aunt May.

These collectible 6-inch-scale Marvel Legends figures are detailed to look like the Doctor Octopus & Aunt May characters from the 1994 Spider-Man: The Animated Series cartoon, featuring premium detail, multiple points of articulation, and 4 series-inspired accessories.

With over 80 years of entertainment history, Marvel has become a cornerstone of fan collections around the world. With the Marvel Legends Series, fan favorite Marvel Comic Universe and Marvel Cinematic Universe characters are designed with premium detail and articulation for posing and display in collections. From figures to vehicles to premium roleplay items, the Marvel Legends Series offers elite character-inspired products for Marvel fans and collectors. Additional figures each sold separately. (Subject to availability.)

Includes: 2 figures and 4 accessories.

DOCTOR OCTOPUS & AUNT MAY: Wielding writhing metallic arms, scientist-turned-criminal Otto Octavius will stop at nothing to destroy Peter Parker—including kidnapping the woman who raised him, his caring Aunt May

INSPIRED BY SPIDER-MAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES: This Doctor Octopus & Aunt May action figure 2-pack is inspired by the 1994 Spider-Man: The Animated Series cartoon

CARTOON-INSPIRED ACCESSORIES: These collectible Marvel action figures come with 4 alternate hands

PREMIUM DESIGN IN 6-INCH SCALE: Marvel fans and collectors can display these fully articulated 6-inch action figures featuring poseable heads, arms, and legs, as well as series-authentic deco, in their collection

BUILD A UNIVERSE OF COLLECTIBLES: Look for other Hasbro Marvel Legends Series figures with Marvel Entertainment-inspired characters (Additional figures each sold separately. Subject to availability.)

PREMIUM PACKAGING DESIGN: This 2-pack comes in unique vintage-style VHS-themed packaging – ideal for display in any Marvel action figure collection

On 3/2/2023 at 12:07 AM, leokearon said:
  • 12" Super Adaptoid - Where's the wings? If Hasbro want me to buy a 12' Adaptoid, he should have his wings.

I wonder if he will still come with them. Ryan mentioned a few times during the stream that not all the accessories were being shown for all the reveals. The full and complete offers would be shown once the preorders go up and the official promo images are released.

I went ahead and pre-ordered Aunt May and Doc Ock, but it cost me $63.16 ($52.99 + $6.99 shipping and the rest was sales tax). I'm delighted to finally get an Aunt May figure (even if it's animated) but that price points made me swallow hard when I submitted my order. The Doc Ock bendy tentacles will be nice too but I'm not certain that I even like the look of them better than what came with the Silk/Doc Ock 2-pack version. No free shipping for an order over $50 is kind of crappy too.

On 3/1/2023 at 11:25 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Totally with you about the Skrulls, and I have been saying it FOREVER!  It is actually quite surprising they haven't gone all in with Skrulls. All they would need to do is sculpt a Skrull head (and maybe an interesting alternate head) for already produced characters they could just rerelease like Beast, Wolverine, Sentry, Cap, Ironman, Daredevil, Phoenix, Mr. Fantastic, Thor, Doctor Strange, Cyclops, Hulk, Spiderman, Storm, Namor, Black Bolt, Hawkeye, Nova, Silver Surfer, Iron Fist, Powerman, The Thing, Spider-Woman, Black Widow, Wonderman, Xavier, Starlord, Elektra, Nick Fury, Deadpool, Cable... it is insane to think they haven't already done this.

Plus it's a clever way to redo a ton of characters without actually "redoing" them. It's pretty much what they did with the Skrull Spider-Woman. They basically updated the same character on the newer Moonstone buck and put a female Skrull head sculpt. Personally I liked the more defined cleavage of the older Moonstone buck (and it is more comic accurate) but I can't argue that the newer arms and double elbow joints are better. They could actually just go back through all the old females done on the sloppy leg Kate Bishop buck and redo them with the Shriek or Psylocke bucks and slap a Skrull head on them and I would buy it. Similarly, they could do that with every character they improperly put on the Sunfire buck and I would buy it as well. The worst way of double dipping possible, but that kind of stuff is right up Hasbro's alley, and I would fall for it 100 percent.

On 3/1/2023 at 4:16 PM, Jeddostotle7 said:

Look close at the torso: she's got that hinge-at-waist, diaphragm-joint-at-ribs combo that gives a ton of torso movement, as well as butterfly joints.

Watched the live stream finally and I believe Ryan and Dwight mentioned all of the new articulation you listed. I was extremely disappointed that they didn't physically show it you know? Why didn't they move the figure to show off the articulation?

On 2/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, toynewman said:

March-Live-Stream-12 2.jpg

March-Live-Stream-12.jpg

Very much looking forward to the First Appearance Iron Man armor. It looks great, very comic accurate. Can't tell if the large "vent" panel is on his back, but otherwise this looks spot-on. Now, some may have an issue that he appears to have "briefs" instead of the tunic/apron look this model usually had, but that's really the fault of Don Heck. When he drew the armor, he wasn't consistent...in the very first panel showing it, its briefs style, a few panels later, you see the "apron/skirt", and right after that its back to briefs again. I've DRASTICALLY cut back on buying Marvel Legends but you best believe I'm getting this one, and the inevitable gold variant!

On 3/2/2023 at 12:10 PM, Emnems80 said:

Watched the live stream finally and I believe Ryan and Dwight mentioned all of the new articulation you listed. I was extremely disappointed that they didn't physically show it you know? Why didn't they move the figure to show off the articulation?

I will remain extremely skeptical about the ultra-articulated female body mold until I see it in person. I find it very telling that they kinda just set Black Widow down and left it a that after they were so quick to show off the articulation for the Mark I Iron Man. I don't think the thinner female frame will allow for as much articulation as a male figure frame such as the Spider-Man model, but I should hope it would be at least as functional as the Sunfire model.