Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For March 2023 Coverage - Avengers 60th, Spider-Man And Haslab Tease

toynewman

On 3/2/2023 at 10:14 AM, monron999 said:

I will remain extremely skeptical about the ultra-articulated female body mold until I see it in person. I find it very telling that they kinda just set Black Widow down and left it a that after they were so quick to show off the articulation for the Mark I Iron Man. I don't think the thinner female frame will allow for as much articulation as a male figure mold, but I should hope it would be at least as functional as the Sunfire model.

That's exactly what I'm saying! It just seemed odd they didn't show it off and just left it there posed in one position. I'm wondering if it wasn't fully functional since they were all factory samples being used for the reveals.

Paul Harding who is a freelance sculptor that does work for Hasbro has posted this image giving us a better look at the headsulcpts for the upcoming Marvel Legends Tarantula, classic Hulk, and Skrull Queen figures he worked on which were first revealed yesterday during the Marvel Legends live-stream.

Tarantula is part of the next Spider-Man All-Comic wave which will likely be going up for pre-order on 3/14. Hulk is part of a 2-Pack with Bruce Banner and Skrull Queen is part of a 2-Pack with Super Skrull. Both of the two packs are part of Hasbro's Avengers 60th Anniversary sub-line coming out later in the year.

Marvel-Legends-Headscpts.jpg

On 3/2/2023 at 2:46 PM, JayC said:

Paul Harding who is a freelance sculptor that does work for Hasbro has posted this image giving us a better look at the headsulcpts for the upcoming Marvel Legends Tarantula, classic Hulk, and Skrull Queen figures he worked on which were first revealed yesterday during the Marvel Legends live-stream.

Tarantula is part of the next Spider-Man All-Comic wave which will likely be going up for pre-order on 3/14. Hulk is part of a 2-Pack with Bruce Banner and Skrull Queen is part of a 2-Pack with Super Skrull. Both of the two packs are part of Hasbro's Avengers 60th Anniversary sub-line coming out later in the year.

Marvel-Legends-Headscpts.jpg

The Hulk face is definitely more McFarlane than Kirby, but that's what I actually prefer so I'm fine with it.

Some really, really nice reveals. I don't have a personal connection to the very-recent Spidey-related figures, but everything is well done, especially the Avengers anniversary stuff. I'll be curious to hear MSRPs, but the products themselves are great. 

I wouldn't have minded if Hasbro had actually sculpted a new piece to have Aunt May wearing a sweater instead of a blazer, but it's a minor quibble, and it's an overall awesome set. I ordered (for now) two sets, so I can have bendy tentacles for another Doc Ock, but we'll see how my finances are closer to release. 

On 3/2/2023 at 9:04 AM, watanabefan said:
On 3/1/2023 at 7:51 AM, Hogun said:

I threw up when I heard Aunt May will be getting a figure before me and my friends. I just can't. I plan on buying the Sky Cycle for Mr. Fantastic and I guess Sersi will be another pickup for me.

I mean, Aunt May is a much better known character, so that's not really all that surprising. But more to the point, she's getting a figure in a sub-line devoted entirely to the Spider-Man TV show, so it's not like her selection really had anything to do with the likelihood of the Warriors 3 appearing or not in the first place.

Completely agree with you- making this version of Aunt May doesn't have anything to do with the fate of if/ when the Warriors Three will ever be made. Absolutely valid point.

At the same time, I do see where @Hogun is coming from. If Aunt May's status as a better known character is a factor, then what does that say about Robbie Reyes and some of the other newer characters, who are already getting Legends figures? He's frustrated and I can see why; it took over 17 years to get an updated classic Dr. Strange (and even then it wasn't correct), but there's already a Chasm. Will it be 10, 20 etc. years before Warriors Three shows up? Bottom line, I think you're both right, and hopefully hasbo will really start knocking these out. This was a good reveal of some significance so let's hope that continues!

On 3/2/2023 at 4:58 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

I ordered (for now) two sets, so I can have bendy tentacles for another Doc Ock, but we'll see how my finances are closer to release. 

If you're planning on potentially cancelling one, I hope you separated the orders.  I've noticed in the past with pulse that if you go to cancel an item of which you're ordering multiples, it will cancel all of them.  It doesn't give you an option to just remove one. 

On 3/2/2023 at 1:11 PM, Air-Walker said:

I'm a little behind the times on my Hulkology, but is this 80s Grey Hulk in the Banner 2 pack? Any how, these look great! The Tarantula is perfect!

That is the First Appearance Hulk, Incredible Hulk vol 1 #1....back when comics were 12 cents. Hulk was intended to be gray all along, but the printer technology of the time couldn't keep the color consistent on every page. Anyway, Banner (puny Banner) wore an orange shirt and blue slacks; when he transformed he wasn't a big as he would later get so the shirt was ripped up, but for the most part stayed on.

On 3/2/2023 at 9:26 PM, Atlantis said:

That is the First Appearance Hulk, Incredible Hulk vol 1 #1....back when comics were 12 cents. Hulk was intended to be gray all along, but the printer technology of the time couldn't keep the color consistent on every page. Anyway, Banner (puny Banner) wore an orange shirt and blue slacks; when he transformed he wasn't a big as he would later get so the shirt was ripped up, but for the most part stayed on.

Thank you my friend! 

On 3/1/2023 at 8:20 AM, Jormungand said:

Man Reno, that's some quick number crunching, lol! I'm very much with you and Hogun on the Warriors Three. They are a glaring omission from the Thor supporting cast. But I feel confident now that they have the Blob mold to work with, that Volstagg (probably the reason these have taken so long) will be made and Fandral and Hogun will not be so difficult. I could see Hogun on the Grim Reaper buck and Fandral also, as long as they give him those mid-thigh boots he wears. They definitely need to be taller figures as they are Asgarding.

Perhaps. I share your hope. But I fear hasbo will again throw rancid mud into our faces by putting Fandral on the pizza Spidey buck, and Hogun on the old Hyperion buck, or mess up his moustache, or give him Vindicator's grumpy face, etc. Truly hope none of that happens. 

I'm unclear why you think they haven't been made yet because there wasn't a mold for Volstagg yet.

Was not expecting all of these items to be shown during the livestream. Whew!  That’s a lot of product.

I’m more of a Spider-Man and X-Men guy, so I’m picky on Avengers stuff.

I’ll pick up the Rose and Tarantula.  That new Ben Reiley has an interesting design as does Spiderwoman. I was collecting variants of Spider characters (my own Spiderverse) but with the increasing cost (and some lame variation choices in recent years) I’m being picky. (Watch the build a figure be something amazing - no pun intended)

personal opinion - that Miles costume design is terrible.  I don’t understand current comic book artists at all.

Aunt May has been on my list for, well, 20 years now. This is not what I was wanting. So far I’ve not dropped $50+ to get an Aunt May that isn’t her comic iteration. 😞

I’m still using the Toybiz Hawkeye, so I might replace him with the new one, although I want to see that cloth goods first. 

I’ve been wanting the Super Adaptoid for a long time. As awesome as it is that we’re getting him, he looks kind of like a custom figure. There is a good chance I could make one that is cheaper than what he will probably cost.

Is it me or did Doctor Doom fall short?  I loved the old Secret Wars figure, but this one just seems kind of flat for some reason. 

I would have picked up the 90’s Avengers set but not at the current prices. 

I am thrilled to see Marvel Legends moving forward and showing off new stuff. I am fearful - as it’s been reported that 6 inch Star Wars figures are looking at another price increase. I’m not sure that Marvel Legends will be able to survive. A lame Spider-Man figure at 19.99 I could live with. But $27.99 or more for a lame Spider-Man suit - nope. It really needs to be a much wanted variation (where is Spider-Man India) or much requested characters (where is Titania, The Wizard, Ghost, Feral, etc.)

On 3/3/2023 at 5:44 AM, NotNamed said:

I really hope the Masterson Thor comes with his facemask. Knowing Hasbro, that will be a second version released later.

Yeah, they could easily do that. I'm hoping he comes with the Spinning Hammer effect that Ragnarök had

On 3/2/2023 at 11:04 PM, leokearon said:

Yeah, they could easily do that. I'm hoping he comes with the Spinning Hammer effect that Ragnarök had

Marvel Select did a spinning hammer which looks "blurred" that I thought is an even better effect. The Legends team should do something similar. 

On 3/3/2023 at 9:48 AM, Atlantis said:

Marvel Select did a spinning hammer which looks "blurred" that I thought is an even better effect. The Legends team should do something similar. 

I have both the Select hammer effect and the one Hasbro made that came with Ragnarok. I agree the Sellect one looks better.

My complaint on both though is that they are too heavy. For dynamic spinning motions I like to have Thor spinning over his head and the weight of the effect bends the arm down. 

They should revisit the effect but with lighter plastics... 

I'd like to think there is no chance Hasbro releases Masterson Thor with no Masterson head but if they googled the image they used for this figure then all bets are off. It's equally odd that they'd give us a Simonson bearded head with this figure as opposed to the 80th but better late than never...

I have both 80th Thor and Ragnarok currently displayed. Ragnarok is just Thor powered up in this case. I hoping like many others that Masterson does come with both heads so then I can pop the bearded one on and still keep both Thors since the Ragnarok Thor is really just 80th with darker colors

On 3/1/2023 at 11:11 AM, Reno said:

My friend, while I also vigorously agree that the Warriors Three are long overdue, Aunt May has appeared in nearly as many comic issues by herself (2,683) as all 3 of Volstagg (974), Fandral (869) and Hogun (868) have combined (2,711).

Despite my point above, I do think we need a new full Thor comic wave. I'm thinking a Volstagg BAF wave with Fandral, Hogun, Balder, Heimdall, Executioner and Kurse. Obviously there would have to be some version of Thor (without a BAF part) as well. While they could do just the Warriors Three as an Amazon exclusive 3-pack, I'd rather have a full wave like above.

On 3/2/2023 at 2:00 PM, RobertD said:

And so it begins.  Legends is just going to financially crush me this year, I can feel it.  Especially after yesterday's reveals.  But I wouldn't collect them if I didn't love the hell out of this line. 

Hear hear. I won't have spent as much money on Legends as I will this year since the last MCU Infinity anniversary wave. And that was when I was buying 2 of every figure.

Ugh.. this is more true if this years Haslab is Avengers related too as I'll have no choice but to go all in.

I love this line too. It is at times frustrating and perplexing but mostly it's been an absolute joy to collect.

On 3/3/2023 at 10:55 AM, Reno said:

Despite my point above, I do think we need a new full Thor comic wave. I'm thinking a Volstagg BAF wave with Fandral, Hogun, Balder, Heimdall, Executioner and Kurse. Obviously there would have to be some version of Thor (without a BAF part) as well. While they could do just the Warriors Three as an Amazon exclusive 3-pack, I'd rather have a full wave like above.

This would be an amazing wave. Thor seems to be the one major character that Hasbro has been slow to build his supporting cast around. 

Can your  incredible ability to pull stats show if Thors supporting cast has been more filled out with MCU or comic versions? 

Either way, Thor has an amazing group of characters to pull from so it would be nice to see  Hasbro spread the love