Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For March 2023 Coverage - Avengers 60th, Spider-Man And Haslab Tease

toynewman

On 3/2/2023 at 5:56 PM, Atlantis said:

Completely agree with you- making this version of Aunt May doesn't have anything to do with the fate of if/ when the Warriors Three will ever be made. Absolutely valid point.

At the same time, I do see where @Hogun is coming from. If Aunt May's status as a better known character is a factor, then what does that say about Robbie Reyes and some of the other newer characters, who are already getting Legends figures? He's frustrated and I can see why; it took over 17 years to get an updated classic Dr. Strange (and even then it wasn't correct), but there's already a Chasm. Will it be 10, 20 etc. years before Warriors Three shows up? Bottom line, I think you're both right, and hopefully hasbo will really start knocking these out. This was a good reveal of some significance so let's hope that continues!

Legends has never followed any sort of strict chronology regarding who came first in the comics, so newer characters getting made ahead of older has never been an issue for me. I buy what I like and think would look cool in my collection rather than any allegiance to one specific era.

The biggest and most significant strike against the Warriors 3 has nothing to do with newer heroes getting figures first or the likes of Aunt May; it's that Thor very rarely gets waves dedicated to him. The entire time Legends has gone on, he's had exactly two: one in 2017 and one in 2022, both of which were made to coincide with movies. I've discussed this before, but it's the same basic answer to when someone asks why there are so many Guardians/Black Panther/Ant-Man/Captain Marvel/Doctor Strange/Shang-Chi/Daredevil villains and supporting characters that have yet to get made. It sucks because it has the effect of those characters jockeying for space in Avengers waves where they're probably very low on the list of priorities, but it is what it is. Maybe the Warriors 3 will luck out and get a box set sometime. Or maybe Volstagg will be the BAF of a future Avengers wave. 

On 3/3/2023 at 6:55 AM, Reno said:

Despite my point above, I do think we need a new full Thor comic wave. I'm thinking a Volstagg BAF wave with Fandral, Hogun, Balder, Heimdall, Executioner and Kurse. Obviously there would have to be some version of Thor (without a BAF part) as well. While they could do just the Warriors Three as an Amazon exclusive 3-pack, I'd rather have a full wave like above.

I wanted a Thor wave like this as well, either with Volstagg, Destroyer, or Surtur as the BAF

1. Thor (bearded, removable helmet)
  2. Sif (there was a fan favorite image) or classic Valkyrie
  3. Hogun
  4. Executioner
  5. Fandral
  6. Beta Ray Bill, classic
  7. Volstagg

On 3/3/2023 at 7:28 PM, Atlantis said:

I wanted a Thor wave like this as well, either with Volstagg, Destroyer, or Surtur as the BAF

1. Thor (bearded, removable helmet)
  2. Sif (there was a fan favorite image) or classic Valkyrie
  3. Hogun
  4. Executioner
  5. Fandral
  6. Beta Ray Bill, classic
  7. Volstagg

Sick wave. I also agree that we could really use a full Thor wave. For the one listed above, my only wish would be to somehow fit a Heimdall in there somewhere. Perhaps make Volstagg the BAF and give the seventh spot to Heimdall. 

These head sculpts look great. Especially that Tarantula. Can't wait for that one or Skrull Queen.

On another note, I appreciate that they made it a point to create a new head sculpt for FA Hulk and to smooth out his shredded-ness, but it doesn't look like they scaled down his size in any way. And before anyone says it, neither did Toybiz, I know. But that isn't the point. The point is, why go through all that trouble if you're not gonna go fully accurate, especially with such an anticipated character. Everyone should know that the original Grey Hulk was nowhere near as large or as powerful as the current form. That's my gripe with this long overdue figure. And who knows, it may actually clock in smaller than the current hulk figure, but from the pictures it doesn't look as such, and they didn't make any comment to that effect, after pointing out the other big changes.

On 3/3/2023 at 9:42 AM, JohnF said:

Sick wave. I also agree that we could really use a full Thor wave. For the one listed above, my only wish would be to somehow fit a Heimdall in there somewhere. Perhaps make Volstagg the BAF and give the seventh spot to Heimdall. 

Absolutely. Thor has enough of a bench (especially if you slide in some Avengers related characters, as they do with Iron Man waves for example), to have more than one wave. They could even do Heralds, like a Firelord re-do, for Thor. 

On 3/3/2023 at 8:55 PM, Atlantis said:

Absolutely. Thor has enough of a bench (especially if you slide in some Avengers related characters, as they do with Iron Man waves for example), to have more than one wave. They could even do Heralds, like a Firelord re-do, for Thor. 

Hopefully if they ever do a comic Thor wave, they will put in actual Thor characters unlike the Iron Man wave

On 3/3/2023 at 10:55 PM, Atlantis said:

This would be my personal preference. At least two full Thor comic waves. 

i’m still wow’d over how good the animated Ock looks. wish he was on the retro card but the vhs boxes are pretty neat and will be my first time getting one.
May was never a priority of mine but i appreciate it and that they gave her face some anxiety. would like Gwen better if they had given her something like that as if Green Goblin was giving her crap or something.

On 3/5/2023 at 10:30 PM, super-chillin said:

i’m still wow’d over how good the animated Ock looks. wish he was on the retro card but the vhs boxes are pretty neat and will be my first time getting one.
May was never a priority of mine but i appreciate it and that they gave her face some anxiety. would like Gwen better if they had given her something like that as if Green Goblin was giving her crap or something.

Yeah, I would have preferred Retro cards to the VHS boxes

As much as I love Hawkeye costume design I hate old separated H letter mask, it was always such a silly design, good thing artist thought to integrate H letter with the mask lines and make it part of the overall designs that fits and is more lowkey (You can see it visually in the link). ToyBiz thankfully went with newer design but hasbro is doing separate H for the third time now, it’s especially weird since it seems like new Hasbro figure is supposedly paying homage to ToyBiz one.   

https://ibb.co/GtKH4Wd

On 3/6/2023 at 6:33 AM, Dabboi said:

Hey, for the super articulated Black Widow, would anyone happen to know when Nat adopted that costume?

I mostly stick with classic looks for my classic comic figures (60s-80s)

It was post heroes reborn when she disappeared for a while and returned  with her neo classic look.

You can see it here under the neo-classic look - https://nearcompleteset.com/black-widow/

The BAF will likely determine how much of this wave that I purchase. Chasm, Rose and Tarantula are definite buys for me. Elektra, Jessica and Miles will only likely be buys if I love the BAF or if I find them on clearance. I have zero interest in the Ben Spidey, so I'm hoping that he doesn't come with a BAF part. I'd also like to see visual evidence that the Veranke figure will indeed be coming with a classic Spider-Woman head, because if she does then I'm a lot less interested in this modern Jessica. There are lots of great potential BAFs like Grizzly, Spider-Slayer, Stegron, Swarm, Man-Bull, Ironclad, Man-Spider, Spider-Hulk, etc.  I hope this one is a good one! Based upon how modern most of this wave is, I can't help but wonder if it's going to be someone like Queen Goblin (Dr. Ashley Kafka, not Madelyne Pryor / Goblin Queen) or Hallow's Eve (Ben/Chasm's girlfriend).

This is more great news! I hope we hear about the wave's BAF sooner rather than later. I agree Stegron would be a nice choice as a larger Spidey related figure. I still hold out hope we get the original spider slayer robot though - picture JJJ's face in a helmet, a silver mechanical body with tentacles and telescoping legs similar to Stilt-man.

Spider-Slayer Mk1 - Marvel Comics - Spider-Man enemy - Writeups.org

On 3/7/2023 at 8:13 AM, Reno said:

The BAF will likely determine how much of this wave that I purchase. Chasm, Rose and Tarantula are definite buys for me. Elektra, Jessica and Miles will only likely be buys if I love the BAF or if I find them on clearance. I have zero interest in the Ben Spidey, so I'm hoping that he doesn't come with a BAF part. I'd also like to see visual evidence that the Veranke figure will indeed be coming with a classic Spider-Woman head, because if she does then I'm a lot less interested in this modern Jessica. There are lots of great potential BAFs like Grizzly, Spider-Slayer, Stegron, Swarm, Ironclad, Man-Spider, Spider-Hulk, etc.  I hope this one is a good one! Based upon how modern most of this wave is, I can't help but wonder if it's going to be someone like Queen Goblin (Dr. Ashley Kafka, not Madelyne Pryor / Goblin Queen) or Hallow's Eve (Ben/Chasm's girlfriend).

A Spider-Slayer or Man-Spider are possibilities too I think. I'm partial to the alien SS design myself. Queen Goblin is also possible ala Demogoblin. But I think Swarm and Hallow's Eve would just be normal figures honestly. And is Ironclad even enough of a Spider-Man villain to be here? Granted, they did Armadillo so who knows.

On 3/7/2023 at 3:37 PM, Ironspider428 said:

A Spider-Slayer or Man-Spider are possibilities too I think. I'm partial to the alien SS design myself. Queen Goblin is also possible ala Demogoblin. But I think Swarm and Hallow's Eve would just be normal figures honestly. And is Ironclad even enough of a Spider-Man villain to be here? Granted, they did Armadillo so who knows.

Armadillo was an animal villain so he could easily be slotted into a Spider-man and fought Kaine during his run of the Scarlet Spider comics. 

Iron Clad, while primarily a Hulk villain, has fought against Spider-man a few times so he could be slotted into this line. HOWEVER, they usually have someone connected to the baf in the wave and we don't have any of the other U-Foe so I doubt it's him.

I'm going to say Spider-slayer as well, mostly because I think Smythe will be part of the VHS 2-packs and we will need one of the SS to stand in front of. I'm think the Superior Spider-man version.

On 3/7/2023 at 9:42 AM, tarot said:

Armadillo was an animal villain so he could easily be slotted into a Spider-man and fought Kaine during his run of the Scarlet Spider comics. 

Iron Clad, while primarily a Hulk villain, has fought against Spider-man a few times so he could be slotted into this line. HOWEVER, they usually have someone connected to the baf in the wave and we don't have any of the other U-Foe so I doubt it's him.

I'm going to say Spider-slayer as well, mostly because I think Smythe will be part of the VHS 2-packs and we will need one of the SS to stand in front of. I'm think the Superior Spider-man version.

Armadillo and Spider-Slayer, you took the words right out of my mouth, though I do just have that feeling that Spiderslayer will be of a size that will be a Deluxe set or possibly a Riders type set if they decide to do Smythe in the Spider-Slayer chair.

This Spider-Man wave is pretty good considering the large amount of previous characters in new costumes, but they all look good. I'm just not down with Miles' new parka costume. Just weird. Glad they went back to the "beefier" body model for Jessica so I can use the old ANAD one for cornhole practice. Glad both the characters they used the Sunfire mold for were actually of the right size. You know a mold is getting old when they start using it more than once per wave. Whatever, be rid of it. The quicker they stop using it the quicker they can stop screwing up 6'4, 250 lb. characters like Silver Surfer and Falcon. The Rose is no surprise to anyone and it's nothing special. Another guy in a suit on an undersized body mold. Nothing new there, but if they're in the suit there are few options at this point. Overall a good wave and no matter what the BAF is it'll be comic book based and probably be pretty great.

If it is a Spider Slayer, I hope it is the the Mark 14 which was used in the 90's cartoon as well. If invisible liked to someone in the wave maybe it will be the Black Tarantula, who fought the Rose in the 90's. Granted the Rose at the time was Conover but still.