Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For March 2023 Coverage - Avengers 60th, Spider-Man And Haslab Tease

toynewman

On 3/2/2023 at 9:26 PM, Atlantis said:

Perhaps. I share your hope. But I fear hasbo will again throw rancid mud into our faces by putting Fandral on the pizza Spidey buck, and Hogun on the old Hyperion buck, or mess up his moustache, or give him Vindicator's grumpy face, etc. Truly hope none of that happens. 

I'm unclear why you think they haven't been made yet because there wasn't a mold for Volstagg yet.

Just saw this Atlantis, lol, playing weekend catch up! Well, to my mind, as you and I have pointed out, Fandral and Hogun will almost certainly be put on bucks already out there, with certain modifications for aspects of their costumes, hopefully. Volstagg is the only one of the three, that needed a new mold, that they could use on other figures also (cost savings). Could they have used the Kingpin buck, sure, but to be comic accurate he needs to be much more rotund to do him justice. I feel they finally did the Blob mold with other characters like Volstagg in mind.  Now if they would see their way clear to use the Blob buck for a Big Bertha, maybe we can start getting some Great Lakes Avengers.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:07 AM, Jormungand said:

Just saw this Atlantis, lol, playing weekend catch up! Well, to my mind, as you and I have pointed out, Fandral and Hogun will almost certainly be put on bucks already out there, with certain modifications for aspects of their costumes, hopefully. Volstagg is the only one of the three, that needed a new mold, that they could use on other figures also (cost savings). Could they have used the Kingpin buck, sure, but to be comic accurate he needs to be much more rotund to do him justice. I feel they finally did the Blob mold with other characters like Volstagg in mind.  Now if they would see their way clear to use the Blob buck for a Big Bertha, maybe we can start getting some Great Lakes Avengers.

My guesses for how they will do them would be Fandral on the Spider-UK mold with hip skirt and collar overlays, Hogun on the Thor/Hercules mold with some new overlays and boots, then Volstagg using Blob's torso and otherwise new parts. They don't make a lot of Asgardians but when they do, they're larger, so those molds seem to fit well. I agree that Blob will almost definitely be reused, and Volstagg is a pretty natural first choice for it. Aside from maybe like a casual Kingpin or something.

On 3/13/2023 at 6:18 PM, SpiderS said:

Hasbro missed big opportunity by not making Hollow's eve and putting her with Chasm or/and Ben in pack. She would have been easy to do with Shriek body mold with just new head and hoodie/cape + accessories. Maybe she's too new but I think she appeared in right  after Chasm.

It's too early for her still. Chasm was revealed around this time last year and Hallow's Eve wasn't until October last year. I want her too, but she probably won't be made until next year or so.

On 3/22/2023 at 4:10 PM, TheArrow said:

I'd really like to see a side-by-side comparison of this and the earlier 2012 Buck Cap figure---there doesn't look like much difference at all.

you mean beside them being one 2 different builds? The new one used the Vulcan build while the old one used the bucky cap build.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be really solid of Hasbro to make the new bendy tentacles available to us through Pulse or something like that. I prefer my classic pudgy Doc to the new one who got a personal trainer but then went to Super Cuts for his hair. And since they went through the trouble of making sure they will fit in our older Doc, it just makes sense. 

On 4/27/2023 at 12:36 PM, Jormungand said:

It would be really solid of Hasbro to make the new bendy tentacles available to us through Pulse or something like that. I prefer my classic pudgy Doc to the new one who got a personal trainer but then went to Super Cuts for his hair. And since they went through the trouble of making sure they will fit in our older Doc, it just makes sense. 

yeah after seeing how nicely articulated those tentacles are it would be nice to be able to get them to plug into the Comic Ock, I hate how rigid those tentacles on that one are, I'd buy a stand alone bendy tentacle set from Hasbro.

but you know they are not going to be that cool, you gotta buy the Animated figure to get that, it's like when they released the 20th Anni Cap, they said.."want a sheild without effects ports, I'm sure you got one in yer toybox" or giving a head for Onslaught with Kitty, etc etc.

On 4/27/2023 at 12:30 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah after seeing how nicely articulated those tentacles are it would be nice to be able to get them to plug into the Comic Ock, I hate how rigid those tentacles on that one are, I'd buy a stand alone bendy tentacle set from Hasbro.

but you know they are not going to be that cool, you gotta buy the Animated figure to get that, it's like when they released the 20th Anni Cap, they said.."want a sheild without effects ports, I'm sure you got one in yer toybox" or giving a head for Onslaught with Kitty, etc etc.

Oh, I'm unfortunately sure you are right about that. But I'm an adult that collects six inch plastic figures,  dressed in colorful costumes, so I tend to get wishful at times, lol.

On 4/28/2023 at 1:32 AM, Jormungand said:

Oh, I'm unfortunately sure you are right about that. But I'm an adult that collects six inch plastic figures,  dressed in colorful costumes, so I tend to get wishful at times, lol.

yeah it's fun to wish, but hey I think we are all still waiting for Hasbro to give us an accessory pack, or extra head pack, that seems like they never will, it would be money in the bank, not sure why they still have not done something like that?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm excited for Chasm, Tarantula and The Rose! Now that I have the Skrull 2-pack Spider-Woman in hand I have no interest in this modern look. I'm also just not into these looks for Ben Spidey, Elektra or Miles. The Rose is my favorite in the wave and I'll likely buy multiples if I ever see them reduced. Chasm will be my new default display figure for Ben and the new Tarantula is certainly an upgrade over the previous Toy Biz version. Despite a lot of people being upset about this not being a BAF wave, it worked out well for me because I only want 3 of the figures this time.

On 5/15/2023 at 2:21 PM, AndyL said:

Most of these look great and I can't wait to get mine. One thing I found funny is how Spider-Woman is suddenly Jessica Drew Spider-Woman. Like she's the alternative version rather than the original. What's up with that?

Maybe the fact that there has been 4 Spider-women in the Prime universe as well as multiple alternate universe versions, like Spider-Gwen, the ATSV Jessica Drew and more.

On 5/15/2023 at 8:23 AM, tarot said:

Maybe the fact that there has been 4 Spider-women in the Prime universe as well as multiple alternate universe versions, like Spider-Gwen, the ATSV Jessica Drew and more.

I know that but al the other Spider-Men in the Marvel U go by their clone or alternate name such as Ben Reilly Spider-Man or even Miles Morales is identified as by Miles. Mostly Spider-Man goes by Spider-Man unless he's using his civilian identity. There've been a few different people playing Black Panther and Daredevil but I don't thik we'll ever see them designated as Matt Murdock Daredevil or T'Challa Black Panther. I'm sure it has something to do with how Spider Gwen has become the the most popular femaile Spider but I just kind or feel like it's a little disrespectful to Jessica

On 5/15/2023 at 2:39 PM, AndyL said:

I know that but al the other Spider-Men in the Marvel U go by their clone or alternate name such as Ben Reilly Spider-Man or even Miles Morales is identified as by Miles. Mostly Spider-Man goes by Spider-Man unless he's using his civilian identity. There've been a few different people playing Black Panther and Daredevil but I don't thik we'll ever see them designated as Matt Murdock Daredevil or T'Challa Black Panther. I'm sure it has something to do with how Spider Gwen has become the the most popular femaile Spider but I just kind or feel like it's a little disrespectful to Jessica

Mate Jessica wasn't Spider-woman for nearly thirty / forty years. it's only recently that she returned to being the main Spider-woman with the New Avengers and even then, it wasn't even her. To say it's disrespectful to her is basically being disrespectful to the others who took the mantle.