The Avengers (Classic Comic) Marvel Legends Yelena Belova Black Widow (Puff Adder Build-A-Figure) Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews looks at the new The Avengers (Classic Comic) Marvel Legends Yelena Belova Black Widow (Puff Adder Build-A-Figure) from Hasbro.  This figure is available from our sponsors Big Bad Toy Store and Entertainment Earth.

Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY and share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_17.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_18.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Yelena_Belova_Black_Widow_By_Dan88w_19.jpg

On 2/22/2023 at 10:49 PM, monron999 said:

It is just so ridiculous that this figure did not come with an alternate unmasked head sculpt. Who let that happen?

On 2/23/2023 at 1:59 AM, leokearon said:

Totally agree. An unmasked head should have been a no-brainer

Typical Hasbro... Release the figure with a masked head sculpt and release the figure again with an alternate unmasked head sculpt.

On 2/23/2023 at 5:40 PM, Outsiders said:

Typical Hasbro... Release the figure with a masked head sculpt and release the figure again with an alternate unmasked head sculpt.

I haven't done a thorough analysis, but the number of wave figures that come with alternate heads seems to have radically diminished since the price increase to $25.   Look at the House of X wave where 5 characters came with alternate heads.  in contrast most of the recent waves i've looked at had 1 figure with an alternate head, in a few instances 2.  OTOH seems like many "deluxe" offerings above the $25 price point do get an alternate head as part of the package.  

a few examples

Controller wave - Quake

Bonebreaker wave -  wolverine

Ch'od wave - nobody

Retro x-wave - Wolverine & Madrox

MoM Wave - nobody

L & T wave - Jane

WF wave - Nakia

Puff Adder wave - Captain America

GotG v3 - nobody

maybe folks can find some good counterexamples, but i think we had best get used to alternate heads being a rarity for wave figs. Not sure whether normal priced exclusives are above/below the wave rate in terms of alternate heads

On 2/23/2023 at 7:26 PM, bashpics99 said:

maybe folks can find some good counterexamples, but i think we had best get used to alternate heads being a rarity for wave figs. Not sure whether normal priced exclusives are above/below the wave rate in terms of alternate heads

doesn’t seem any better for the ones outside of waves. i mentioned something similar a little time ago that of all the comic figures we have seen for this year so far, only Ult Cap, Banshee & Blob got a bonus head.

I'm more and more frustrated with Hasbro and ML because of the skimpy offerings.  Softer sculpts, fewer accessories and options, blind boxes, and higher prices, it's driving me away from the line.

I feel like a mark being ripped off for his money---as harsh as it is to write that.

A character like Yelena, who has a "disturbing" disguise, should have a unmasked portrait in the package, and at least another set of useable hands, plus whatever props the character normally uses. 

Yelena is in A.I.M? At least until the Thunderbolts film and Marvel gets her back into The good guys because.. you know.. MCU synergy..

all kidding aside, I agree with the sentiment that an extra head SHOULD have been included. I mean, is she disfigured under that mask? I’d there a reason she’d wear it all the time?

This figure’s  head is perfect for an extra head. For the cost per figure, any head that is masked, helmeted, or intensely smiling or raging should ALWAYS have an Unmasked or neutral head. 

"Nice" crooked paintjob on the lips here, too. At least for me, it's bad enough that I would return it. With prices going up, I'm going to be pickier, even though quality control seems to be going down. Of course, if the boxes weren't solid, this could be prevented, and I just wouldn't buy a figure with crooked lips in the first place... Hasbro is making it less and less fun to collect. They seem to think they can't alienate hardcore collectors, but I've been collecting this line since the first ToyBiz series, and I am buying fewer and fewer figures at regular price, going down to one or two figures per wave, waiting on discounts for the rest, and many deluxe figures, multi-packs, etc.. 

On 2/24/2023 at 12:55 AM, The Mad Bubbler said:

"Nice" crooked paintjob on the lips here, too. At least for me, it's bad enough that I would return it. With prices going up, I'm going to be pickier, even though quality control seems to be going down. Of course, if the boxes weren't solid, this could be prevented, and I just wouldn't buy a figure with crooked lips in the first place... Hasbro is making it less and less fun to collect. They seem to think they can't alienate hardcore collectors, but I've been collecting this line since the first ToyBiz series, and I am buying fewer and fewer figures at regular price, going down to one or two figures per wave, waiting on discounts for the rest, and many deluxe figures, multi-packs, etc.. 

the packaging is certainly putting them at a competitive disadvantage where it (debatably) matters most, in the toy aisles of Target and Walmart. Both McFarlane and Mattel figures pop out much more in the aisle since you can see their figures.  Are there people who actually refuse to buy Mattel/mcFarlane because of the plastic use? I suspect the proportion who are that hardcore about environmentalism is pretty low.  Maybe someday when their competitors move to plastic-free packaging this would make sense, but between lousy packaging, fewer accessories, and most of all higher prices, Hasbro seems to be doing all it can to push collectors away from this hobby.

I agree with everyone this should have had a unmasked head, but I'm happy to finally get a Comic Yelena and I do love this look for her, I'm going to assume they didn't give us a second head because we might be in for a classic version sometime soon since she's in Thunderbolts, but hey I'm cool with this version of her, it's my fav look for her personally, my one real gripe is I'm not huge on that Smirk she has.

I received this wave from BBTS today. Yelena comes with a ton of accessories. It's a very nice figure - if a little plain. An alternate head would have been great but it's easy to see why it didn't get included when you see all of the other accessories. I'd definitely buy multiples of her if I found her at a lower price point down the line.

On 2/23/2023 at 7:38 PM, TheArrow said:

"....I'm more and more frustrated with Hasbro and ML because of the skimpy offerings.  Softer sculpts, fewer accessories and options, blind boxes, and higher prices, it's driving me away from the line.

I feel like a mark being ripped off for his money---as harsh as it is to write that..."

Why is it harsh? Its truth. When they put out an old, over used and feeble figure buck like the one they used for Madame Hydra BUT still charge today's prices, they definitely regard the customer as marks. Shame that so many will still buy it. This is the kind of thinking that got them to try to sell that haslob joke of a car. A lot of fans don't want to be accused of "bad mouthing" and believe in brand loyalty. But there's no customer loyalty, demonstrated in the very reasons you gave. But the best way to correct all this is for customers to put their money elsewhere.

On 3/4/2023 at 4:18 AM, Atlantis said:

Why is it harsh? Its truth. When they put out an old, over used and feeble figure buck like the one they used for Madame Hydra BUT still charge today's prices, they definitely regard the customer as marks. Shame that so many will still buy it. This is the kind of thinking that got them to try to sell that haslob joke of a car. A lot of fans don't want to be accused of "bad mouthing" and believe in brand loyalty. But there's no customer loyalty, demonstrated in the very reasons you gave. But the best way to correct all this is for customers to put their money elsewhere.

Hasbro's entire history has been built on re-use and economy. 
That's not an apology, it's just the reality. 
But such practises allowed Hasbro to carry it forward into building on existing tool libraries, which has always been how they expand a line.
If a base buck works, I don't mind it being the foundation for a figure, or even a run of figures over a period of time ( Bucky-Cap buck, I'm looking at you), because......hey, it works. You can get good poses out of it and it looks good doing so.  But if that's ALL a new figures offers, maybe with a new sculpt head.......then it's a sore spot and i feel cheated.
I'd want, AT LEAST, extra hands. 
Extra effects pieces, weapons ....even if they are previously existing items. I want..........no, DEMAND that "bang for the buck" I pay out.  
All-new sculpts , all-new parts, are great and exciting, but I don't expect them.
What I wince at is when new sculpts are soft or just not as crisp or strong as they could be ( Jimmy Woo and Baron Strucker, for example).  Every figure should have, at least 2 portraits, imo.
One neutral, the other expressive--and that's to give us OPTIONS.
I want accessories, I want more stuff so I can do MORE with the figures I buy.
That's really what my gripe is about.....not getting options and paying MORE for that "less"

And, yeah, I AM buying less.......I'm cherry-picking more from ML, because it is offering less--even with characters/figures that would otherwise appeal to me.

On 3/4/2023 at 12:57 PM, SpiderS said:

Head sculpt is solid but they easily could have given her double jointed elbows and alternate head, it’s her first ML figure after all, but I guess we will get short haired Yelena from early 2000s just in time for upcoming Thunderbolts movie  

It's her third. Toybiz comic Yelena, Hasbro MCU Yelena, Hasbro comic Yelena.