New Marvel Legends Classic Luke Cage

JayC

Only words I have for this is ABOUT DAMN TIME!. Let's get that green Iron Fist with the popped collar as the next reveal. And for the love of God, please do it on the right buck. For once Hasbro, the Sunfire buck is the correct one. I wouldn't have all that much a problem with the Vulcan buck either. Either one is better than the Pizza Spidey buck.

Edit: I know I'm not the only one who noticed, but it looks like there's no ab crunch. Hopefully it's just a product of the proto render of they managed to hid it pretty well under that overlay shirt.

Judging by the render, the arms are not the same as what they used for Wonder Man's, as the biceps are fuller, bigger. Good thing. The legs also dont have that overall baggy look they used for Red Skull (which is the same buck used for Simon). Also good. I can't tell what height this thing is going to be, but Luke is supposed to be 6'6", Thor height. I prefer the sleeker collar work they used for the 5" retro figure, and hope there's gonna be an alt, more "fierce" head to go with it, but overall this, so far, looks pretty good! Sweet Christmas!

On 2/24/2023 at 12:51 PM, Kikipage1984 said:

Am I wrong or is there no ab crunch on the render …..if not that’s gonna be a bit limited on upper body posing but looks good 

I'd be surprised if this didn't have ab crunch in the end, or at least articulation of some sort in the ab department, but even if it doesn't this is a good looking figure, I never hated the more recent Luke Cage (from Defenders Box) but I greatly prefer this look over that one.

If a Marvel Knights wave were true, who makes the cut? I'm not overly familiar with that lineup but we've gotten quite a few Daredevil's, recently as well as Dr Strange and Ghost Rider (though to be fair, the recent GR wasn't Ketch).. 

I don't recall either Cage or Iron Fist being "Knights" but will take classic versions anyway I can get them 

I tend to think of the Marvel Knights being Daredevil, Moon Knight, Shang-Chi, Black Widow and Dagger primarily, maybe Punisher also. I definitely don't think of either Luke or Danny as part of this team - I tend to think of them as Heroes for Hire... but a quick google search found some images with both of them as part of the team as well as Spider-Man, White Tiger and Ghost Rider.

I am liking the look of this Luke Cage. I've continued to use the Toy Biz version in my display all of these years. An update will be appreciated.

On 2/24/2023 at 12:15 PM, McHogan said:

If a Marvel Knights wave were true, who makes the cut? I'm not overly familiar with that lineup but we've gotten quite a few Daredevil's, recently as well as Dr Strange and Ghost Rider (though to be fair, the recent GR wasn't Ketch).. 

I don't recall either Cage or Iron Fist being "Knights" but will take classic versions anyway I can get them 

Well the official Knights does have a limited roster, and though Cage was on the team Iron Fist was not. Actually, most of the Knights have already been done in ML. Not to say I wouldn't appreciate a DD on the Vulcan buck or a Comic based Punisher in the trench coat, or a new Black Widow on a better body mold but the Knights were not as big a team as one might think. However, there were many, many other characters who went in and out of the books, like Iron Fist, Misty Knight (appropriately), Blade and I think even Ghost Rider, so the roster could be wide open for pretty much any character that doesn't have a place among any of the other major sub lines (Avengers, X-Men, Spider-Man). The best part about it is a major baddie in the Knights books was Bullet, one of my most requested BAF sized characters.

Well if indeed this is in the rumoured Marvel Knights wave, the wave could just be the whole team Daredevil, Moon Knight, Widow, Shang Chi, Dagger, Cage and Punisher. but I have doubts this in this wave, I think or am hoping this is a 2 pack with Iron Fist, it would be a crazy missed opportunity not to put them together in a Powerman & Iron Fist 2 pack.

Ahhh, nostalgia is a funny thing! I always hated his original look back in the day, but now that I'm an ageing curmudgeon obsessed with nostalgia, I freaking love it!!! Yeah, it's a pity about the torso articulation, but this still looks awesome I'd be fine if it was on a ball joint like Lady Deathstrike. Ok...bring on Iron Fist!