Build your dream comic wave by specific issue

McHogan

I'm a sucker for Super Hero teams as many of us are. But we all have our favorite lineups from our home teams history. As the worlds biggest Avengers fan ( just ask me, I'll tell you) I've got quite a few lineups from the long history of the Avengers that I enjoyed. 

Let's pretend Hasbro flipped their lids and let you build a favorite lineup to make a Legends wave with the caveat that it has to be a specific team from an existing Marvel Comic. Who would you pick?

* name the issue you are picking from and which members get made. 

* wave can be 6 or 7 figures with BAF. Or no BAF, ala the Retro waves. I know some lineups have more members than a typical Legends wave so pick carefully.

* this is where things get tricky: no mixing from different eras. The costume the hero is wearing in  the issue you pick is the Legend that gets made. So be aware that maybe the Captain America on your team  may have recently been made and you just created a peg warmer.

Here is my first dream lineup from Avengers 285

Thor (Battle Armor)

Captain Marvel ( phasing. I'm picking her powered up as I'm hoping the rumored C.M. is Monica in her standard classic form)

Dr Druid ( all time great Avengers prick)

She-Hulk ( purple jumpsuit )

4 never released characters already!! Ok She-Hulk has been made but she needs a serious update 

Black Knight ( can be simple repaint with Grey armor). Normally repaints are slotted to be Cap, Iron Man etc.. but this is my wave Hasbro so I'm picking the Knight

Wasp in Black and yellow

BAF: Zeus

Who is your dream team from your favorite issue?

clean.jpg

I'll go again, need I remind you I'm the worlds biggest Avengers fan.

This time Avengers West Coast  74 but going Retro so no BAF.  

Neo Classic Iron Man ( this time in scale with Legends figures made this decade)

Living Lightning. Hmm.... powered up or down? I'll go with powered down so he is recognizable. (To me and maybe 12 other people. Hey Hasbro made Rock Python, this isn't impossible)

Hank Pym (red jumper) how hasn't his (perhaps) 3rd most popular suit been made yet? They definitely have the parts

Wonderman. Time for a proper Legend of this classic suit. Just repai t the modern one and add a jet belt. Oh yeah they'd need to sculpt a proper mullet headsculpt as well

Wasp: this time in the green suit shown on the cover. Honestly there isn't a Wasp suit I wouldn't take

For the 6th do I go for US Agent with original angular stripes and shield with no odd blue stripe? Or a Tigra with toned down orange? Eh.. I guess Tigra this time.

Avengers_West_Coast_Vol_2_74.jpg

Infinity War #1

1. Adam Warlock - Classic black and red colors. On the Vulcan buck or the Spider UK buck or even the Bucky Cap buck, anything but that damn Sunfire buck.

2. Gamora - Since they're in the mode of redoing some older figures that many weren't able to get ahold of and the redesign and resurgence of the Moonstone buck, how 'bout we get a new Classic Gamora for the masses.

3. Pip the Troll - I know, this is a rough one. Another small figure at regular price. But with the Hasbro formula it will contain the biggest part of the BAF and I think the BAF will be worth it to most collectors.

4. Moondragon - Of course, she has to be here, and she would be perfect on the Shriek buck, but I find a classic version on the retail shelves would be hard to get by with. However, we did get an Angela some years ago so.......fingers crossed.

5. Silver Surfer - Big part of the entire thing. Let's get a redo on a better buck. The Reaper buck is accurate. The Vulcan Buck is acceptable. Again, I'll even take the old reliable Bucky Cap buck. Again, anything but the Sunfire buck. The dude is freakin' 6'4", can we get it right, just once?

6. Hank Pym - In his Safari suit

7. Thor - In his helmet

BAF - Of course, Drax in his original Hulk sized form.

On 2/27/2023 at 2:14 PM, monron999 said:

Infinity War #1

1. Adam Warlock - Classic black and red colors. On the Vulcan buck or the Spider UK buck or even the Bucky Cap buck, anything but that damn Sunfire buck.

2. Gamora - Since they're in the mode of redoing some older figures that many weren't able to get ahold of and the redesign and resurgence of the Moonstone buck, how 'bout we get a new Classic Gamora for the masses.

3. Pip the Troll - I know, this is a rough one. Another small figure at regular price. But with the Hasbro formula it will contain the biggest part of the BAF and I think the BAF will be worth it to most collectors.

4. Moondragon - Of course, she has to be here, and she would be perfect on the Shriek buck, but I find a classic version on the retail shelves would be hard to get by with. However, we did get an Angela some years ago so.......fingers crossed.

5. Silver Surfer - Big part of the entire thing. Let's get a redo on a better buck. The Reaper buck is accurate. The Vulcan Buck is acceptable. Again, I'll even take the old reliable Bucky Cap buck. Again, anything but the Sunfire buck. The dude is freakin' 6'4", can we get it right, just once?

6. Hank Pym - In his Safari suit

7. Thor - In his helmet

BAF - Of course, Drax in his original Hulk sized form.

I’m loving this wave. The only thing I would change is the silver surfer. We have plenty of him laying around. Let’s get a Starfox or Mephisto instead. 

On 3/1/2023 at 10:54 PM, LordVenger said:

I’m loving this wave. The only thing I would change is the silver surfer. We have plenty of him laying around. Let’s get a Starfox or Mephisto instead. 

LOL, funny enough, Starfox was in the list at first, but going back through the books he wasn't a major player in the Inifinity War Sage. He didn't actually show up until the Infinity Watch. I still almost snuck him in there, but I was trying to play by the rules.

Supernaturals #3 (Earth 98091 Looks)

Werewolf By Night

Satana

Gargoyle (No BAF Piece)

Ghost Rider

Black Cat

Brother Voodoo

Jack O' Lantern

Dracula

BAF = El Chupacabra

I dunno that came to mind, I loved that Mini series, I probably could have picked a ton of other characters to pop in but kept it the way it should be.

Supernaturals_1.webp

Celebrating the 30th anniversary (1993) of the Avengers and X-Men I would go with the Bloodties crossover. And this year being the 60th anniversary of both teams it is that crossover's 30th (God I'm getting old) anniversary!

For the wave, well Black Knight and Sersi are already checked off with Hasbro's recent reveals, but I'll give building a wave a go:

1) Exodus: 1st appearance costume I've been wanting forever

2) Fabian Cortez: start of building the Acolytes members

3) Crystal: maybe baby Luna as an accessory?

4) Hercules: 90s costume

5) Vision: 90s version on a bigger buck, then rerelease the classic version on the new buck

6) Cyclops: Jim Lee version on the Vulcan buck (basically the VHS w/o the cel shading)

BAF) Goliath

Honorable mentions that didn't make the wave:

1) Captain America: would love the new diaphragm cut of the Ultimate Cap with the ab crunch of the 80th/20th anniversary Cap

2) Quicksilver: Family Matters 3 pack a bit pricey these days.

2029805-avnxmbtmphc_cov4_col.thumb.jpg.a4e54490ee8e1687f421b205598880f2.jpgX-Men-Avengers(1).thumb.jpg.33838ed63b20b71e42046671d96e4d77.jpgRCO011_1664827484.thumb.jpg.3f111f89073bd09794904f4692d6bb8d.jpg

This era is pretty popular of late. The brotherhood figures are pretty straightforward. This would be a pretty easy line to make anyway because there are few new molds necessary.

Crimson Commando

Stonewall

Super Sabre

Destiny

Psylocke - She is in her pajama outfit, not her armor, but I'd take her.

Magik - She pops in briefly in her New Mutants costume.

BAF: Colossus - He doesn't actually premiere his Outback bodybuilder look here, but maybe it's close enough.

uncanny225.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

X-Men 14 - X-Cutioner's Song Part 3

Wolfsbane: completes the first X-Factor team.

Feral: completes the first X-Force team.

Forearm: builds up the Mutant Liberation Front. Spiral is cool with her multiple arms, and I think he would be as well.

Reaper: MLF. Cool looking figure.

Foxbat: starts the Dark Riders. I always thought he was cool looking, but I have no idea what his power set is. I guess he has arm blades.

Gauntlet: another Dark Rider. Cool looking gargoyle with guns. I think it would be cool if he came with Dirtnap in rat form as an accessory.

BAF: Tusk with a couple of minions.

xmen14.jpg

2023-03-21 12_55_54-MLF.jpg ‎- Photos.png

2023-03-21 14_06_32-b81edd97ee2e1bfdf055fe19df9772fb.jpg ‎- Photos.png

2023-03-21 14_07_04-b81edd97ee2e1bfdf055fe19df9772fb.jpg ‎- Photos.png

2023-03-21 14_08_21-OIP.jfif ‎- Photos.png