Avengers HasLab what do you think it will be?

leokearon

I'm hoping it is a mash up of all the Giant-Men / Goliaths. Since none of the major "Bigs" need a ton of tooling it would be awesome if it were a "box set" of Pym Giant-Man and Goliath, Clint's Goliath, Foster's Goliath, Josten's .... Goliath... 

Or...

Classic Giant-Man around 18"-22" tall and regular size tiers of 1st appearance Wasp, WCA red jumpsuit Pym, maybe a 12" Giant-Man for when Pym was stuck at around this height. 

I have always been a fan of the 80s era Quinjets but I really can't see how that would work. It doesn't make sense to have it only fit 2 figures and going full 6" scale pushes it to too large to display, at least in my case. 

This next Haslab will be an interesting one. After the Ghost Rider failure you'd think Hasbro would pull out their bag of tricks to make sure this one succeeds. And since it's Avengers related I know I'll most likely be all in. I'd hate for some much requested figures to get the "Mephisto" treatment and be told this is the only way I'll get them and then see it fail again. 

Once upon a time........in the Before Years........Jesse Falcon and ToyBiz had said to be working on a ML-scaled Quinjet.
The legends say that they had to "cost it out"--meaning they may have had a prototype done.
Maybe.

But we never saw it.

The thing about a Quinjet is that it's "universal"---it's not really tied to anyone roster.  Put six ML figures in seats  in two rows of three and you get a interior floor-space and build out the total footprint from there.
But......what do you do for stretch goals.......and I mean "sexy" stretch goals that would entice collectors?    
Jarvis?  He never really flies with them.
Rick Jones??  Do most modern collectors even know who he is??
Who else?  Henry Gyrich?? 
Adding missiles or payload doesn't really make a whole lot of sense either because......again, we've never really seen it.  What's the allure?

The Giant Man suggestion actually carries more weight because the added iterations make for clear stretch-goals, but..........there's another idea that could play out:

An Avengers HQ diorama set. 
With a meeting room and round table, a training room with all kinds of danger-traps. Communication room.  Something that you have to.......aah.....wait for it.........ASSEMBLE to enjoy. 😉    And the stretch-goals can be Jarvis et al. along with add-on components to the rooms.

I think Giant man is the biggest and best contender for this. Hopefully it will also come with a Raz headsculpt. 

The quinjet is the second most likely but after the failure of the last one, I doubt Hasbro would try and make a vehicle. Not to mention the fact that it would be huge and people wouldn't have the space for it.

Another option I have seen thrown around is Fin Fang Foom. Not really an Avengers villain but he is most seen with Iron Man.

On 3/4/2023 at 1:11 PM, tarot said:

I think Giant man is the biggest and best contender for this. Hopefully it will also come with a Raz headsculpt. 

The quinjet is the second most likely but after the failure of the last one, I doubt Hasbro would try and make a vehicle. Not to mention the fact that it would be huge and people wouldn't have the space for it.

Another option I have seen thrown around is Fin Fang Foom. Not really an Avengers villain but he is most seen with Iron Man.

A Raz headscupt would make it more desirable for people who have the Toy Biz Giant Man. I don't really see it being Fin Fang Foom since he's not really an Avengers character

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like it'll be Foom tbh, it's a bit out of left-field and not as obvious as Giant-Man or the Quinjet.

Plus, I really hope it's not Giant-Man, because I know the 60s red suit Wasp will be a tier (a grail for me), and Haslabs aren't in my budget, lol.

• 2 months later...

My guess is 20-24" Hank Pym/Giant-Man (classic) as initial reveal with 6" and mini figure and original Wasp 6" and mini figure.

Tier 1 unlock, Scott Lang/Giant-Man 20-24" and 6"

Tier 2 unlock, Ben Foster/Goliath 20-24" and 6"

Tier 3 unlock Hank Pym/Yellowjacket, 20-24" and 6"

I'd pay $400 for this. No electronic components. Same mold for each giant figure, but with different paint apps, head sculpts, and accessories, obviously.