Marvel Legends Haslab 2023 Fan-Poll - Avengers Giant Man Vs Fin Fang Foom, Which Would You Rather See Done First?

JayC

I would go with Giant-man. Mostly because this is an Avengers theme line and that people have been saying that his should be the next Haslab for the last few years. I can see the tiers now

• Pack-In: Janet wasp
  • Tier 1 - Raz head sculpt
  • tier 2- Jarvis
  • Tier 3 - Nadia Wasp
  • Tier 4 - Pymtron

It could be Foom but he is more associated with Iron Man rather then Avengers or for the GOTG. 

I doubt it would be the Quinjet just cause of the size it would be and the fact that the last vehicle failed.

If Haslab needs any new creative talent I'd be more than willing to contribute. But I think having a large scale Giant man is redundant. Already have several versions of Giant man in manageable sizes. 

HowEver with Finfangfom yeah he'd need to be larger than life to really do it justice. Galactus peeked at 400.00. Fom would have to be Scalable.  But the thing is With A character like this he'd easily need to be 4 feet long. Shelf space half your living room lol. But it would be epic. Complete with light up fire accessories. 

The teers could be Mandarin in his animated armor. Maybe a updated Titanium-man hulk size.  They are Avenger enemies.. and we can't have enough villains. Maybe Comic and animated style swappable heads. 

One of the main reasons I would want it to be Giantman is because of the extras he would come with. I would think the tier releases would be well done, classic figures. Classic Wasp, obviously. Miniature versions of Antman and Wasp.  Maybe some kind lab set. I like the idea of Jarvis. Maybe an obscure, old school villian.

Frankly I see no reason for a "haslab" at all. The same people who would buy this under an over priced "crowd funding" umbrella, would buy it as a specialty item on Pulse or whatever other outlet. Be honest, hasbo knows there's no risk to them of either of these suggestions not selling. They're not some hobby shop working out of a garage, that doesn't have the funding and resources to make these things. They screwed up last time by overcharging; the car is just not the same as a Sentinel or Galactus. A Giant Man isn't the same either. Nevertheless, every haslab doesn't have to be $300.00+, just like not every Legends figure has to be the same price. 

On 3/4/2023 at 6:32 PM, Atlantis said:

Frankly I see no reason for a "haslab" at all. The same people who would buy this under an over priced "crowd funding" umbrella, would buy it as a specialty item on Pulse or whatever other outlet. Be honest, hasbo knows there's no risk to them of either of these suggestions not selling. They're not some hobby shop working out of a garage, that doesn't have the funding and resources to make these things. They screwed up last time by overcharging; the car is just not the same as a Sentinel or Galactus. A Giant Man isn't the same either. Nevertheless, every haslab doesn't have to be $300.00+, just like not every Legends figure has to be the same price. 

The tooling for these things is expensive---probably around $250,000 to cut the molds, so hence the min 10,000 backers for a given project.  That's also why if they get in more bodies in the door on a project, they can offer stretch-goals and still maintain their profit margin on the thing.  So far, they are unlikely to use any of the Haslab tooling for purely mass-retailer items, but maybe for the 6-inch added figures.  Retailers probably don't want to front the cost for something like Jabba's Sail Barge or Galactus because the self-footprint is just too large, so Haslab just bypasses those folks, but they also then forego the retailer paying for that same tooling.

On 3/4/2023 at 7:54 PM, darknight86 said:

I'm pretty sure that I'm in the minority but how about a Clint Barton Goliath???!!!  Would there be a way to make swappable parts, so you could have either a Hank Pym Giant Man/Goliath or a Clint Barton version.  For the Haslab pricing, could this be a possibility?

Many import toys feature swappable color plates, so it is possible. The thing is that would have to be built into the design of the figure from the start which makes it much more complicated and consequently more expensive to make. With that they would either have to decide to include a swappable character scheme (ie. Giant Man/Goliath) or be pretty darn sure they would reach the tier rewards to unlock an alternate scheme just to justify the cost of the mold(s). I thought about that a lot and it just seems to me to be a gamble Hasbro would not be too keen on taking. From my standpoint, as a collector, if they offered 2 or 3 character schemes (GM/Goliath/Yellowjacket/etc.), I would buy 2 or 3 products so I can have and display them all. But then again, as a person who bought 3 Sentinels and only 1 Galactus, I was sure the Sentinel would end up being the better selling Haslab, but I think Galactus edged it out by a fairly sizeable margin. So really no one knows exactly what's gonna bring in the customer base. Obviously, Hasbro must have had a lot of faith in that Engine of Ludicricity to push that out but it was a gouge just a bit too deep for most of us, and quite disrespectful to the fanbase, IMO. To this day I seriously don't understand what they possibly could have been smoking to think that thing would fly. They seriously just need to have a better ear to the ground and just listen to what the fan base wants.