The End Of The Spider-Verse Sees The Debut Of A Top Secret New Spider-Hero

JayC

Dan Slott and Mark Bagley introduce a brand-new Spider-Hero in SPIDER-MAN #7 on April 5. Don’t miss your chance to grab his first appearance and see him in action on a classified Spoiler Variant Cover by Humberto Ramos!

SPIDER-MAN #7 - 75960620327700711
Written by DAN SLOTT
Art and Cover by MARK BAGLEY
Top Secret Spoiler Variant Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS - 75960620327700751
On Sale 4/5

SpiderMan_7_Spoiler_Variant.jpg

On 3/6/2023 at 8:11 PM, Inspection12e said:

I feel like Dan Slott has really lost it as a writer.  HIs ongoing Spider-Man might be the worst book Marvel is publishing right now. The only reason I say might is because Tini Howard exists.  

Save a little room for Jason Aaron's Avengers. Absolute garbage five year run on what should be Marvel's premiere team book.

• 4 weeks later...

Earlier this month, Marvel Comics teased a stunning character debut in Dan Slott and Mark Bagley’s SPIDER-MAN #7, and now it’s time to unveil this spectacular new hero!

Introducing SPIDER-BOY! Catch him next week in SPIDER-MAN #7, the thrilling conclusion to “The End of the Spider-Verse” story arc. Spider-Man’s long-lost sidekick will then appear in future issue of SPIDER-MAN, and his outrageous origin will be told this June in EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE #3 in a story by Slott and the character’s co-creator, Humberto Ramos!

Over time, Marvel fans have met a host of new heroes from throughout the Spider-Verse! Miles Morales, Ghost-Spider, Spider-Man Noir, Spider-Punk, and so many more have weaved their way into the Marvel Universe and into fan’s hearts. But none of have been anything like SPIDER-BOY. Not originating from the multiverse at all, Spider-Boy’s been here all along and starred in some of the greatest stories in Spider-Man history! Hasn’t he?

Here’s what Slott had to say about his bold new creation:

“I can't wait for people to meet Spider-Boy, and the unique role he's going to play in both Spider-Man's world and the Marvel Universe,” Slott said. “I grew up reading Spider-Man comics. He's my favorite character in all of fiction. All I ever wanted to do was tell stories with THIS cast, and it's been the coolest thing ever to co-create some of the characters who populate it. And this kid, this Spider-Boy, is THE one I'm most psyched about!

“On the art side, two absolute SPIDER-LEGENDS are bringing Spider-Boy to life. My longtime collaborator, Humberto Ramos and the amazing Mark Bagley.

“The all-new, all-different Spider-Boy of the 616: He's got strange new spider-powers, secret ties to dark corners of Spider-Man lore, and a story that's all his own... that is right about to begin!”

Check out Ramos’ newly revealed SPOILER VARIANT COVER below and don’t miss Spider-Boy’s leap into the Marvel mythos in AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #7 on April 5!

SPIDER-MAN #7
Written by DAN SLOTT
Art by MARK BAGLEY
Top Secret Spoiler Variant Cover by HUMBERTO RAMOS
On Sale 4/5

SM2022007_Ramos.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't know anything about this kid, or really care that much too, have we not seen Spider-Boys before?, yeah well, at least this is a cool design, I'm diggin it a bit.

I don't know why anyone would be shocked at what Marvel does in the books anymore, bring on whatever.