Jon Bernthal Returns As The Punisher For Disney+ Daredevil Series

JayC

According to THR, actor Jon Bernthal will be making the jump from the Netflix Marvel shows to the MCU where he will reprise his role of Frank Castle/The Punisher for the Disney+ Daredevil: Born Again series which will star Charlie Cox and and Vincent D’Onofrio.

102_CRIME_210_Unit_00482R2__scaled_600.jpg

Three years ago I woulda been ecstatic about this but after seeing Karl Urban outdo him in basically the same role as Billy Butcher I was hoping for a bit of change. Still, he did a decent job at the time, second to only Charlie Cox as DD, but still far, far, faaaaaar better than any portrayal of any other character from the Netflix Bunch so I guess he deserves a shot at revitalizing the role.

I really enjoyed Jon as Frank, I'm glad they don't plan on replacing him, if this is true, I actually don't want them to replace any of the netflix actors except Finn Jones he can go, despite not actually hating Iron Fist, season 2 was cool, would have liked to see what panned out with the Orson Randall stuff, but Finn Jones just never seemed like the right choice for Danny.

I was wondering how they planned on padding so many episodes. Seems they can fit in a decent Punisher arc with room to spare. 

Bernthal was great as the Punisher. Netflix definitely got the look and feel of the source material of their Marvel adaptations even if the end product wasn't always great. 

Glad he is coming back